Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Sandy Football Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have resigned over here in Letcher County and wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know how much I have enjoyed coaching with you guys. I know that I have made some true friends in the past five years and coaching against you all will be one of the things that I miss most. You all have definitely made me a much better coach and person. If any of you all ever need anything just pick up the phone and give me a call and I will be there to help. The Big Sandy is one of the best conferences if not the best in the entire state in my opinion and Letcher County is lucky to play in it. The new coach is going to stay in the conference and play the schedule that I made with you guys and I'll be out to not only support the Cougars but the entire conference this year. It's time for me to spend some quality time with my family, mainly my 7 year old daughter and my 9 year old son. Anyway, good luck this season and I'll miss you guys. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Terry
We will sure miss you coach. You are truly the best football coach here in Letcher Co. Maybe one day you will be back.
You will be missed buddy! Luke and Abby will benefit.
Good luck and you will be missed.
Maybe one day we will see you on the hill? Smile
It is rumored that former Whitesburg All-State running back Junior Matthews is going to be the new middle school coach.
This is true. He was on my staff last year and did a great job. I feel more than comfortable in turning our program over to him and he will pick up right where we left off and the program will not miss a beat. Junior was a very talented player and I think he will be an even better coach for the Cougar program. He has kept most of my staff from last year on his staff and they are working hard to get prepared for the boys to come out on Monday. I would like to wish the Cougars nothing but luck and let them know that me and the family will be out to support them this season.
You have done everything there is to do and you have touch so many kids life. They respect you and look up to you.
Coach
Hate to see you to give it up. We had some great battles and I think it only made our kids better. Enjoy your kids and hope to see you at the game on August 25.
Coach Howard you are greatly missed. You done a wonderful job for many years and we would love to see you back on the field coaching these boys or helping out in some way.
You always put a competitive team on the field. I have been out of coaching for the past three years and just came back this year. It really hard to stay away once in your blood, but I wish you the best of luck in life and hopefully we may cross paths again someday. That was a great game in the championship three years ago I hate to see anyone lose that game, especially me.
Bigblue #4,

That game your talking about is probably the most exciting game that I have ever had the chance to coach in. It could have honestly been won by either team and both teams had the opportunity to put it away on multiple occasions. So where are you coaching at now? I actually thought you were working with Chapman for some reason. You did one heck of a job with those kids that year and which ever team your coaching at now is lucky to have you working with their team.