Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ACC suspends Florida State-Duke refs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) -- The three Atlantic Coast Conference referees who worked last weekend's game between Florida State and Duke have been suspended for one game.

Word of the action was announced this morning by the ACC's coordinator of men's basketball officials, John Clougherty.

He says a technical foul called on Florida State's Alexander Johnson in the second half should not have been assessed. Johnson fouled Duke center Shelden Williams, after which Williams bumped Johnson's chest. Videotape replays showed Johnson attempting to back away as Williams approached him.

The technical foul was Johnson's fifth foul.
I'm not at all surprised about a call like that. Maybe this will start to even out the calls during Duke games?

This just proves 2 things:
Duke DOES get the calls
Duke players (in this case Williams) are thugs
Thats great news
I think that this is a positive step in regard to officiating.

Especially after last night . . . . .
About time maybe he can take a look at some other ref.'s from the weekend.
Yea about time, now if they would do the samething on the high school level!!!
i would say every team in the ACC is celebrating right now, considering that in future games, Duke might only make 20 more free throws than the opponents take. Which is down by about 15. Congrats on the ACC for something that should have happened 20 years ago.
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:i would say every team in the ACC is celebrating right now, considering that in future games, Duke might only make 20 more free throws than the opponents take. Which is down by about 15. Congrats on the ACC for something that should have happened 20 years ago.

No kidding dude! The refs should've gotten a stiffer punishment which would've sent a more stern message. Duke can thank ref's like these for them not having a few more L's and a few less W's.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if other ACC refs take this suspension as a warning. If so expect Duke to lose a few down the stretch. Its hard to beat a team that takes 25 to 30 more foul shots than thier opponent.
Great teams get the calls
Great teams do get the calls, but Refs cant call everything accordingly, you all need to be alittle more submissive to Duke, they are a great team - and you are just beating them up for a "REF'S" call.
that was a horrible and very costly call to the seminoles
Batpuff Wrote:Yea about time, now if they would do the samething on the high school level!!!

Amen brother! Especially in the 15th!
i love how i revived this dead thread lol but the injustice was too much for me to take
RedMan Wrote:Great teams get the calls

Great reputations get the calls as well, this Duke team is not a great team.

Does that make it right, is a much better question.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Great reputations get the calls as well, this Duke team is not a great team.

Does that make it right, is a much better question.

good point but it doesnt make it right.....i believe this goes for players as well