Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Barnhart Envisions Long Tenure At Kentucky With Calipari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the news of UT’s AD Mike Hamilton’s resignation looming, questions began to surround Mitch Barnhart regarding his interest with the Tennessee job. Mitch quickly put a stop to those rumors last night with an “I’m not interested” regarding the job in Knoxville. However he expanded on his own future briefly - and that of Calipari’s - just a little bit ago on Twitter.

Mitch had this to say:[INDENT]Mitch Barnhart: Let me reiterate that Kentucky is where I want to be.

Mitch Barnhart: I’ve got good coaches at UK, I have a family that has settled in here, I have a son who is about to be a senior in high school.

Mitch Barnhart: As I said before, I have unfinished business here and this is where I plan to be until I decide on my next path.

Mitch Barnhart: That will be something that will probably be outside of athletics when I’m 60 years old.

Mitch Barnhart: We are working on an extension with Cal to ensure that he has long tenure at Kentucky.

Mitch Barnhart: Cal and I are the same age and share some of the same thoughts on our careers and I’d like to align his contract with my current 8-yr deal.

Mitch Barnhart: Once we get a finalized contract, we’ll make a formal announcement.
[/INDENT]The tweets echo UK’s own announcement saying they are working on revising a contract with Calipari that will, yes, “ensure that he has a long tenure at Kentucky.”

Good news to hear, and hopefully they can reach an agreement on the details of that contract soon. Both have been huge for the Universities athletic programs, and locking them up for the foreseeable future would be great for Kentucky - I don’t think I need to tell you that.

If you’d like to chip in on the Calipari extension, Drew Franklin is currently passing around a collection plate. Just don’t make your checks out to CASH.

Also, let’s not forget this.

[Image: calgraphic.gif]