Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region KAPOS Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who do you think will come out with 1st in each category?
Do you know who competes in each?
Small
Shelby Valley HS
Johnson Central HS
Prestonsburg

Medium
South Floyd
Pikeville Boys Varsity

Large
Magoffin County HS
Belfry (varsity)
Betsy LayneHS
Pike County Central HS
Sheldon Clark HS

Traditional - Pikeville (white)

Co-ed- Belfry
Im really pumped to see squads who usually go tradition try their hand at 2 1/2 minute. Good luck everyone!!
I'll predict these:

Co-ed- Belfry
"Beef" Wrote:I'll predict these:

Co-ed- Belfry

Ya think...LOL
Co-ed- Belfry
Really going out on a limb here aren't ya....lol....
I'll go on out and give my opinions....I don't wanna offend anyone, but this is just how I see it.

[indent]SMALL: Johnson Central
MEDIUM: I wouldn't wanna even guess....probably Pikeville (mostly because of their experience and not having to fight any nerves) but SF has something to prove this year, so I wouldn't count them out.
LARGE: Hmmm....this one is as hard as medium division. I haven't seen 3 out of the 5 teams...so I can't even make an educated guess here.
[/indent]So, that is how I see it....I really have no clue Wink
GOOD LUCK to all the teams!! I can't wait to see who goes on to state!!
Small
Prestonsburg

Medium
Pikeville Boys Varsity

Large
Pike County Central HS

Co-ed- Belfry
Small:JC unless Miss Sturgill's girls succumb to all those stunt sequences she usually tries to pack into a routine, if that happens, P-burg steps in.Play smart eagle girls.
Medium: Pikeville unless something happens and SF steps in.
Large: Magoffin
Traditional:non-contested to Pkv.
Co-ed:Belfry(I thought she didn't have enough boys to compete? Did she pick up some 1/2 way through or what?)
large-MC
I think there is great competition in all divisions. I would like to see a Floyd County Sweep of Kapos. Small 2 1/2 Prestonsburg Med-South Floyd and Large-Betsy Layne
Is East Ridge competing and if so, in what?
East Ridge is not competiting this year Tribe. There was some discussion on it in one of the threads..maybe this one.

Co-ed- Belfry
:lame:
Small - Tough choice depends on who has the cleanest and most difficult routine... has to be between Prestonsburg and Johnson Central though. Shelby Valley didnt impress me much so of there games they looked a little sloppy.
Medium - Pikeville
Large - Pike Central
Traditional - Pikeville
Co-Ed - Belfry
Large- MAGOFFIN
I was just informed by a big group of pikevilles girls that the list is incorrect. they are competing in small. they only have 14 girls on their squad and they need 16 to go medium. i know they went medium last year. this could just be a typing error in the list.
No typing error. Mrs. Stone wasn't able to there the night of declarations and Pikeville was already on the list as competing in the medium division.

If they have 14, then they have plenty to be competiting in Medium (13-16 members) and too many to compete Small (4-12 members).

Did any girls get injured at National's? Or have they just decided to drop down to small?

This is totally allowed by KAPOS rules. Any squad can change divisions prior to the beginning of the competition.
So Pikeville is now competing in Small 2 1/2? I thought Small was up to 12 girls?
Small - 4 to 12
Medium - 13-16
Large - 17-20
Thanks Pirate Pal
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:I was just informed by a big group of pikevilles girls that the list is incorrect. they are competing in small. they only have 14 girls on their squad and they need 16 to go medium. i know they went medium last year. this could just be a typing error in the list.

With 14 girls how can they compete small...

Small - 4 to 12
Medium - 13-16
Large - 17-20

Looks like that they would have to compete medium.....And again, if squads have already declared, just how fair is it that one squad can change and compete in a different division...:no:
"Dream_Weaver" Wrote:With 14 girls how can they compete small...

Small - 4 to 12
Medium - 13-16
Large - 17-20

Looks like that they would have to compete medium.....And again, if squads have already declared, just how fair is it that one squad can change and compete in a different division...:no:

I think that may be something that needs to be proposed to KAPOS. I know that it is a double edged sword.

For example, you have squads who have worked their butts off and may have only 13 cheerleaders on the squad. They have chose to compete Medium. During one of the last practices, one girl gets hurt and can't compete. If you don't allow that squad to drop down to the small division then the entire squad is penalized and all their time and effort is for nothing.

On the other hand, you have a squad who has 13 members and declare to go medium. Once they see who else is competiting with them, they decided to sit one girl out/or pick up a few girls and compete in a easier division with a better chance of winning. No injuries or unfortunate incidences that couldn't be helped, just a decision for a better chance of winning.

Both examples have happened in the past....

The question is...How do you change the rule so that it is fair?
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:I think that may be something that needs to be proposed to KAPOS. I know that it is a double edged sword.

For example, you have squads who have worked their butts off and may have only 13 cheerleaders on the squad. They have chose to compete Medium. During one of the last practices, one girl gets hurt and can't compete. If you don't allow that squad to drop down to the small division then the entire squad is penalized and all their time and effort is for nothing.

On the other hand, you have a squad who has 13 members and declare to go medium. Once they see who else is competiting with them, they decided to sit one girl out/or pick up a few girls and compete in a easier division with a better chance of winning. No injuries or unfortunate incidences that couldn't be helped, just a decision for a better chance of winning.

Both examples have happened in the past....

The question is...How do you change the rule so that it is fair?

Those are good points Pirate Pal....
So, can anyone set it straight. Is Pikeville competing Small or Medium?
two of the girls on the squad do not compete. they are competing small, and it is my understanding they always have had the intention of going small. Mrs. Stone always takes more than she needs, usually around 16 depending on how many people try out. you earn the right to be one of the 12 that competes throughout the year.
I understand that they usually compete small...but I know for a fact that they signed up for Medium this year. I was just wondering if there were injuries or not causing them to drop down. Please don't take this as a confrontational post. I think that Mrs. Stone is great person. I have respect for her.
nope no injuries. not sure why she signed up for medium to start out with. to be a competitor in medium it is usually customary to have 4 stunt groups. you need 16 girls to do that. can only do 3 groups with 12.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:East Ridge is not competiting this year Tribe. There was some discussion on it in one of the threads..maybe this one.

Thanks PP. I wasn't for sure if they were going or not but I now know due to some unexpected events their routine isn't ready enough for competition and there has been a coaching change.
Good Luck to all squads.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5