Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Roswell: did the government cover it up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did personnel from the field's 509th Bomb Group recovered a crashed "flying disk" from a ranch near Roswell in 1947?[Image: 300px-RoswellDailyRecordJuly8%2C1947.jpg]
idk, might had..
Bad thing is that was back in the day before we have the technology and stuff now..
So IMO, could have happened.
I think they did cover it up.
No.
I think it was a Soviet aircraft that crashed, and was taken by the government personally.
No
nky Wrote:Did personnel from the field's 509th Bomb Group recovered a crashed "flying disk" from a ranch near Roswell in 1947?[Image: 300px-RoswellDailyRecordJuly8%2C1947.jpg]

I don't know. TongueirateSho
Of Course they did. The Governements only allow us to know or see what they want us too.

In this infinity that we call space. Who is to say that this little speck of dust, that we call Earth, is the only one with any type of life on it?
OffTheHook Wrote:Of Course they did. The Governements only allow us to know or see what they want us too.

In this infinity that we call space. Who is to say that this little speck of dust, that we call Earth, is the only one with any type of life on it?

Whewww, I was sure you were getting ready to say "Intelligent" life on it! I was going to have to argue that one with you!:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Whewww, I was sure you were getting ready to say "Intelligent" life on it! I was going to have to argue that one with you!:biggrin:

:lmao: Nice one. Stardust, I think you and I are the only two intelligent people on this site. That's for sure.
It definitely wasn't a Soviet Aircraft...no aircraft in 1947 had the capability to fly as far as a conventional aircraft would've had to if it was Soviet.
Westside Wrote::lmao: Nice one. Stardust, I think you and I are the only two intelligent people on this site. That's for sure.

I'm offended!
Ballers Wrote:I'm offended!

Oh, I'm sorry. It goes without saying you are as well Ballers. :eyeroll:
vundy33 Wrote:It definitely wasn't a Soviet Aircraft...no aircraft in 1947 had the capability to fly as far as a conventional aircraft would've had to if it was Soviet.

Maybe thats why it was a cover up. To keep the world from knowing the soviets were more advanced than us.
From what I've read and seen on TV about the incident, from both sides of the issue, what happened at Roswell was more than likely debris from a secret U.S. program called Project Mogul. This was during the times following WWII when the Cold War was as strong as ever between the U.S. and the Soviet Union. Mogul had to be kept top secret because it involved high altitude balloons meant to detect sound waves made by Soviet atomic bomb tests and ballistic missles. So everything had to be hush-hush. The aliens bodies were likely a combination of innocently transformed memories of the recovery of anthropomorphic dummies in military programs like Project High Dive. Some are simply misinformation from UFO proponents wanting to sell books and cash in on the Roswell incident. The effects of time on memories can cause confusion about when events happened and what happened. I mean, the Roswell Incident happened in 1947, but there wasn't much interest in it until a National Enquirer article about it in 1978, over 30 years later. That's when everyone and his uncle began coming out with "stories" that they knew but hadn't revealed until the Enquirer article. And many of the "witnesses" have changed their stories numerous times and have been discredited.
You can bet your last dollar that if anyone had any credible evidence of a cover-up of aliens and spacecrafts, that it would have come out long before 1978. There's no way a secret like that could be kept.
I believe there was a cover up at Roswell; very definately! The question for me is WHAT was covered up?
Granny Bear Wrote:I believe there was a cover up at Roswell; very definately! The question for me is WHAT was covered up?
You're right---Project Mogul was covered up, until it became no longer necessary to keep it a secret.