Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky to play California in Super Regionals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In an effort to officially turn this into Kentucky Softball Radio, there’s one more note about Big Blue’s history-making afternoon.

Due to a scheduling conflict at Cal that someone should probably get a stern talking to over, Kentucky will host the Bears in the softball super regional this weekend. Despite Cal being the higher-seeded team and ranked inside the top ten, the best-of-three series will be held at UK’s softball complex starting this Friday Saturday at noon.

UK managed a come-from-behind win in the final inning to beat Michigan earlier today, using a homerun to tie the game and a bases-loaded single to win it in the bottom of the seventh. Cat Scratches has a little more on the team’s run through the regional, and the rallying cries they used to get there. After you read that, someone fill Coach Cal in on the details. He does a lot folks. Help him out.

Beisner will be along with some notes for your evening in a little while.
The UK softball team will host California this weekend at the UK Softball Complex in Super Regionals, starting Saturday at noon.

Saturday's game at noon will be on ESPNU. The second game will be Sunday at 1 p.m. on ESPN. Game three, if necessary, will follow game two.

Make plans to support these ladies this weekend and show the nation we support more than just basketball.

We Are UK!!
^YEEE HAAW!!! Looks like I may get to make the Trip after all!!!! WOOT!
^ Becareful the whole trip my friend.
I'm looking forward to watching this series this weekend. I love to see all UK varsity sports excel. I hope to see everyone there. This is a great bunch of young ladies.
Me too, I've been enjoying the postseason so far and I'm pretty exciting for the series this weekend. I think the Cats are like 41-14 this season.
^ 39-14 with a hand full of games that were canceled
I believe me and a couple buddies might be making the trip down for game 1.
I will be attending game 1 on Saturday....
^

I thought I was going too but already sold out.
Yep, tickets are sold out.
Any place to sit around the outside of the field?
This is awesome! Hopefully the girls can pull off another upset in front a sold out crowd at home!!
I just sent a email to Mr. Barnhart about the website stating that there would be no standing room only tickets. They have a VERY large grassy area behind the entire outfield section of the field. Hopefully they will allow people the chance to park a blanket or lawn chair out there as they do at Williamsport. It would be AWESOME to show the Nation what kind of support this team has!
Here is his email address if anyone else would like to express their feelings and concerns:
[email=mbarn@uky.edu]mbarn@uky.edu[/email]
blue1424 Wrote:Yep, tickets are sold out.

Yeah, it's sold out now, I got 3 tickets, if my wife don't go I'll have 1 extra ticket.
Just over 12 hrs to go and we get to watch some lady Cat softball!!!!!
OffTheHook Wrote:Just over 12 hrs to go and we get to watch some lady Cat softball!!!!!

Well I won't get to watch Game 1 because I don't get ESPNU but I'll be able to watch the Games on Sunday
Strikeout King Wrote:Well I won't get to watch Game 1 because I don't get ESPNU but I'll be able to watch the Games on Sunday

You can watch it on ESPN3.com.
Been a good game so far
can someone post the updates?
Its still 0-0 in the Top of the 4th UK is the visiting team in the scoreboard and they are at bat with 1 out
Cal player in the bottom of the 4th hits a solo homerun to take a 1-0 lead
Still 1-0 Cal bottom of the 5th....1 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd.
according to NCAA.com looks like Kentucky got out of that inning without any further damage
End of 6 its still 1-0