Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rapture to occur May 21, 2011(Millions will die) according to Harold Camping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't believe the mainstream news(CNN) is picking up on this old mans predictions. Some people claim Harold is a false prophet. He claims he has studied the Bible for decades and God left clues to the exact date of Christ's return in the Bible. He has cult a following now. People putting billboards across the nation, even on buses and benches. There is going to be an end of the world parade. I don't believe a word he says though.:flush:

[YOUTUBE="Rapture May 21"]cigJM9g2fqI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="CNN"]e4130-e20jE[/YOUTUBE]
This is absurd. I hate when people attempt to make end of the world prophesy's. The Bible clearly states that only the good Lord himself knows.
Blahh lol
Aslan Wrote:This is absurd. I hate when people attempt to make end of the world prophesy's. The Bible clearly states that only the good Lord himself knows.

I agree:Thumbs:
It's going to end sometime
Wait It can't be :redboxer:
I haven't got my super secrete hideout built yet. I thought I had until Dec. 21, 2012
I bet anything he is a con-artist using this to scare gullible people into either buying a book that he has authored or generating followers to his radio/tv shows.
torQQue Wrote:I bet anything he is a con-artist using this to scare gullible people into either buying a book that he has authored or generating followers to his radio/tv shows.
Either that or he is looking for his 15 minutes of fame.
torQQue Wrote:I bet anything he is a con-artist using this to scare gullible people into either buying a book that he has authored or generating followers to his radio/tv shows.
well if that's the case he should have built more time into book sales:eyeroll:He's only giving people less than two weeks. Some checks wouldn't even clear by then:biggrin:
nky Wrote:well if that's the case he should have built more time into book sales:eyeroll:He's only giving people less than two weeks. Some checks wouldn't even clear by then:biggrin:

:biggrin: That old man is senile. He has been claiming the world was going to end since the 80's. His last prediction was 1994 and it backfired on him. He has been marketing this upcoming rapture for 16 or 17 years now. :yikes:
He should have caught a ride on Hale Bop Smile
torQQue Wrote:He should have caught a ride on Hale Bop Smile
maybe he could scape together the fare of five dollar bill and three quarters to get on the spaceship. You know those things take exact change and all
Aslan Wrote:This is absurd. I hate when people attempt to make end of the world prophesy's. The Bible clearly states that only the good Lord himself knows.

Amen!!
By the way rapture will come on May 21, 2011, then the end of the world is on October 21, 2011 according to Harold Camping
End of the world during football season? come man, at least predict it to come during a slower sports period
The mainstream media is always on the lookout for stories that make christians appear foolish. Unfortunately there are a lot of gullable folks in this world who will follow any kook that comes along. From Charles Manson to Harold Camping there will be a never ending procession of these self proclaimed enlightened ones and millions of adherents to mindlessly follow.

The contempt and bias that the media have for the christian faith is evidenced by the light they cast these goofs in and that in turn has the effect of lumping everybody who goes to church as sublimely naive and simple minded. Hence, CNN's interest in airing this completely un-newsworthy story. The truth that is God's word, when presented properly is majestic, powerful, and sharper than a two edged sword. The ark Noah built and the ship of fools depicted by the mainstream media are light years apart.
Just as the iconic bum sporting the body placard which reads on one side the end is near, and repent on the other, gives them something to laugh about and make them feel better about themselves. But, the irony is that the bum is right, and it is the elevated ones in the media that hide from the truth. Predictions about Christ's return date by nature make those that predict look rediculous.
He's an Idiot - NO ONE BUT GOD KNOWS THE TIME AND THE HOUR! - But it will come Soon!
Idk if the end of the world is coming soon...
Could be hundreds of years from now, could be thousands..
Like stated above, only God knows.
I believe it will happen some unknown day. the important thing is to be ready. Are you???? Something to think about.
Two more days............................
I wonder what time?
lol.
At sunset tomorrow, supposedly.

I also noticed he is from California.. Must be doing some drugs up that way of some sort.
Who's sundown? I guess we'll hear if Europe gets it first.
What if you jumped on a plane and flew across the International Date line? Would you be safe?
I would perfer sun rise, so I can be in Heaven with the Lord instead of mowing grass all day Saturday.
hawg laig Wrote:I would perfer sun rise, so I can be in Heaven with the Lord instead of mowing grass all day Saturday.
:Thumbs:
I went ahead and took care of that tonight just in case:eyeroll:
I sure hope the "rapture" holds off long enough tomorrow so I can get my degree.
nky Wrote:Two more days............................
I wonder what time?

According to the news, he is prediciting it to happen at 6:00p.m.
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
welp it's 6:00 pm and we're all still here. I bet that guy feels like a Jackass
^ he meant PST
So you still have a couple of hours
Pages: 1 2 3