Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is The NBA Rigged?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does the NBA "David Stern" Change the outcome of Games?
I've always asked myself this question. But I honestly believe it is legit.
I am a Sacramento Kings fan. I need to say no more.....
Sometimes I feel like it is
This is all seriousness. I mean if anyone watched the Kings series with the lakers, The Finals last year. And the way they keep there superstars on the foul line. What else can u say??
Absolutely not. Stern works for the owners, not the other way around.
Watched every game in last years finals and I can honestly say it was called right down the middle. I would've said that if the Lakers won or lost.
Wildcatk23, you're dead set on this ridiculous theory.
I have always believed that the higher profile teams (Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, etc.), or teams with the superstars always got the calls. This is why I quit watching the NBA years ago.
Not the NBA, just the refs....
Sacramento had the best team in basketball at LEAST two years and played their guts out in the famous 7-game series. Kobe and Shaq could do whatever they wanted, I know of at LEAST 2 games that Divac and Webber had 5 fouls, and Shaq had like 2 or 3.

I will not say that the referees/NBA wanted the Kings to lose, but they sure wanted the Lake-show to win.

Maybe it is just my bitterness knowing that the Kings were the 2nd best (or best) team in the NBA for 3 or 4 years, and never getting a ring. It was killer to watch it unfold knowing that when I was younger I was loving some Mitch Richmond while everyone else drooled Jordan. Then FINALLY the Kings get one game away from the NBA finals.......Sad
LWC Wrote:Sacramento had the best team in basketball at LEAST two years and played their guts out in the famous 7-game series. Kobe and Shaq could do whatever they wanted, I know of at LEAST 2 games that Divac and Webber had 5 fouls, and Shaq had like 2 or 3.

I will not say that the referees/NBA wanted the Kings to lose, but they sure wanted the Lake-show to win.

Maybe it is just my bitterness knowing that the Kings were the 2nd best (or best) team in the NBA for 3 or 4 years, and never getting a ring. It was killer to watch it unfold knowing that when I was younger I was loving some Mitch Richmond while everyone else drooled Jordan. Then FINALLY the Kings get one game away from the NBA finals.......Sad

Speak It! This was the worst series i ever got to witness. Flat out Cheating! 100% No other way to look at it.

Kinda like Derek Fisher getting a jump shot off in .4 seconds.
Aslan Wrote:Absolutely not. Stern works for the owners, not the other way around.
Watched every game in last years finals and I can honestly say it was called right down the middle. I would've said that if the Lakers won or lost.
Wildcatk23, you're dead set on this ridiculous theory.

How is it ridiculous theory? Everything is about money. There is a reason why the "Great teams" get every call. They Produce money for the NBA.
It's your bitterness LWC....
Stardust Wrote:It's your bitterness LWC....

What was ur thoughts on that series?
LWC Wrote:Sacramento had the best team in basketball at LEAST two years and played their guts out in the famous 7-game series. Kobe and Shaq could do whatever they wanted, I know of at LEAST 2 games that Divac and Webber had 5 fouls, and Shaq had like 2 or 3.

Same thing happened to the Jazz during the Jordan Era. I was really wanting Stockton/Malone to get that first ring.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How is it ridiculous theory? Everything is about money. There is a reason why the "Great teams" get every call. They Produce money for the NBA.

No, this entire post is bs dude. You just hate most the great teams and that's why you've come up with this absurd theory.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VhlGYvIMPgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:“Why don’t they (the refs) just let us know beforehand? We didn’t have a chance to win.”–Vlade Divac

Quote:“We didn’t have a chance tonight…I’m not gonna say what I really feel. I’ll get fined. I’ll keep my opinions to myself.”–Chris Webber

Quote:” If you care about basketball, Friday night’s Game 6 was a rip-off. The Kings and Lakers didn’t decide that this series would be extended until Sunday, the referees did.”-Michael Wilbon, in the Washington Post

Quote:“If there was ever a time for conspiracy theories to be given new life, it’s now. It’s difficult to ignore the Kings’ claim that NBC does not want them in the Finals. Because of [Game 6], many things will be said if the Kings fall. NBC will be a culprit, as will the NBA. Both will be accused of going Hollywood, which is hard to argue with right now.”– Steven A. Smith, in the Philadelphia Daily News

Quote:“Who do these players think they are? Do they actually think fans buy tickets to go and watch [them] play basketball at its best? Don’t they realize people flock to arenas to watch guys named **** Bavetta, Bennett Salvatore, and Eddie F. Rush try to keep the big guys in line by enforcing their version of the basketball rulebook?”–Kevin Modesti, in the Los Angeles Daily News

Notice the quotes. One is even from an LA sports writer!
[Image: kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg?w=300&h=222]

This was called a foul on Bibby! Really?
The most dramatic pieces of evidence:

Quote:In 2008, former NBA referee Tim Donoghy was sentenced to 15 months in prison for betting on games he officiated and accepting cash payments from gamblers.

Donoghy told the FBI that the NBA sometimes used referees to “manipulate results,” and that Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals was one of the games in which the league did so.

He alleged in his book Blowing The Whistle, that **** Bavetta, one of the referees assigned to the game, was generally assigned to manipulate games in which the league wanted a particular result.

http://www.leagueoffans.org/sternletter.html
LWC Wrote:[Image: kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg?w=300&h=222]

This was called a foul on Bibby! Really?
Why so bitter? The world knows that series was called fairly:biggrin:
Wildcatk23, got me started Jarons. It is hard to get me stopped, lol.
LWC Wrote:Wildcatk23, got me started Jarons. It is hard to get me stopped, lol.
I was playing with you. Series like the Kings and Lakers is the reason why that I cannot stand watching the NBA. Like I stated earlier in the thread, big market teams or teams with superstars get all the calls. I don't think the refs win or lose the game, I believe that they heavily influence the game or playoff series all for TV ratings.
I probably wouldn't be so frustrated about it, if the Chris Webber team would have gotten to the Finals at least once.

When they are Championship contenders in 3-4 years, I will be a little more at-peace with it.
LWC Wrote:I probably wouldn't be so frustrated about it, if the Chris Webber team would have gotten to the Finals at least once.

When they are Championship contenders in 3-4 years, I will be a little more at-peace with it.
By that time, they may be in Louisville.
Jarons Wrote:By that time, they may be in Louisville.

Don't fill my head with dreams Sad

If it happened, I would seriously sell my kidneys to get season tickets, lol.
LWC Wrote:Don't fill my head with dreams Sad

If it happened, I would seriously sell my kidneys to get season tickets, lol.
I saw something on the news about the Kings to Louisville. Unfortunatley too much was going on in the house and it was at the end of the story. When I have more time, I will try to find the link for you.
I'm bout to start a thread on it.
The NBA is not rigged.....
Aslan Wrote:The NBA is not rigged.....
Nope just the Refs
Pages: 1 2