Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Go Cart Racing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We now have a Go Cart racing Thread. Sweet!!! I have raced gocarts for 6 years now.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:We now have a Go Cart racing Thread. Sweet!!! I have raced gocarts for 6 years now.

Dad said they use to have one that ran on alcohol? IS that true? I thought maybe age was just getting to him?
OMG, what has this site become................

LOL, j/k
I Love Go Kart Racing, It's Awesome
Do they still have a class for chainsaw engines?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Dad said they use to have one that ran on alcohol? IS that true? I thought maybe age was just getting to him?

I don't know hardly anything about them, but I think you are right. Not like whiskey but not exactly gas either. RockSolid69 or someone else could tell you for sure.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Dad said they use to have one that ran on alcohol? IS that true? I thought maybe age was just getting to him?

The Installer Wrote:Do they still have a class for chainsaw engines?

Mostly today they are Briggs Flathead or Animal motors. I have an Open Animal its a 5 HP Block but its pushing 50 HP. and yes it runs off of acohol.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Mostly today they are Briggs Flathead or Animal motors. I have an Open Animal its a 5 HP Block but its pushing 50 HP. and yes it runs off of acohol.

how about you let me take that bad boy for a ride around the track sometime...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:how about you let me take that bad boy for a ride around the track sometime...

on some of the larger tracks you can reach speeds close to 100 mph. Most of the tacks in ky are small bull ring type tracks. Tn has some large tracks.
Ever do any racing at the track on Rt 201 in Johnson County?
OffTheHook Wrote:Ever do any racing at the track on Rt 201 in Johnson County?

I have been to some car races there. its called 201 speedway. i have herd they was not racing there this year.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I have been to some car races there. its called 201 speedway. i have herd they was not racing there this year.

You are right about 201 Speedway. BUT, They have built a new Go Cart Race Track about a mile and a half on the right after you turn off of US23. 201 Speedyway is about 6 miles off 23.
Woot. I think I would love this forum. Hey guys. If ever you got into Florida. Look for this site: http://www.k1speed.com/fort-lauderdale-location.html. Its a new track and the best thing is its near the airport. Lets make a race guys even if you are in kentucky.
Okay ... I want to get into cart racing. What kind of expenses are we talking? What is the race to race upkeep? Any info would be appreciated.
Its a kart rental place. You can race in their track. Its indoor. If someone wants to race you there its up to you how much money you want to bet.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Okay ... I want to get into cart racing. What kind of expenses are we talking? What is the race to race upkeep? Any info would be appreciated.

jamesrichardson23 Wrote:Its a kart rental place. You can race in their track. Its indoor. If someone wants to race you there its up to you how much money you want to bet.

the rental karts tracks are more for fun. and dont go as fast as real racing karts.

There is some racing karts you can buy around 600 ready to go. Blue clone motor classes are a cheap way to race. I race in a open class and one really good kart, motor, and tires 3,000 to 4,000 if not more.
I'm happy to find out this thread and to read more info about go kart racing. This is a very interesting type of sport, and like other people here I would like to get into it too. But I have no idea what would be the bets choice to buy such a device or firstly go to a club for achieving some basic knowledge?
I'm a very busy men and I’m afraid I will not have enough time for club. Will I be able to do it myself?
Never had the urge to join the community but after seeing go karts, I'm all in!!!!
the mother , daughter
complain --- Mom , I do not want to get married and Beni , that person is an atheist , do not believe in God,Puma Lazy Insect II Shoes, do not believe in heaven and hell .
Mother to comfort her --- Do not worry ,I've already said to you is a good clothes it, boy, as long as a marriage ,Puma Mummy II Shoes, he would know immediately that there hell .
The mother spoke , while meaningfully smiled and added, - married, fail to appreciate the taste of paradise .
go-cart racing is just cool! but i watched it on TV only. never try it before... any idea where can i go to enjoy this thrilling games?
New Go Kart Track opened up in Manchester, Kentucky.

Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D & K Kartway Racing

http://www.facebook.com/dandkracinggokarts

Any Questions call Track Owners Darrell and Kathleen Jones at 606-813-0066 or 606-598-2776.

D & K Kartway
614 Hubbard Rd.
Manchester, Ky. 40962

D & K Kartway presents Saturday 08/11/2012
GATES OPEN: 4pm
Hot Laps: 6pm
Qualifying: 7pm
Lazyjracing Wrote:New Go Kart Track opened up in Manchester, Kentucky.

Check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D & K Kartway Racing

http://www.facebook.com/dandkracinggokarts

Any Questions call Track Owners Darrell and Kathleen Jones at 606-813-0066 or 606-598-2776.

D & K Kartway
614 Hubbard Rd.
Manchester, Ky. 40962

D & K Kartway presents Saturday 08/11/2012
GATES OPEN: 4pm
Hot Laps: 6pm
Qualifying: 7pm

I have been there two times this year. ive spent most of the summer in the modified and didnt get run the kart as much. plan on going back Sept 29 for the big race.
D&K Go Kart track in Manchester, Ky will open again next March. Stay tuned for updated dates for racing.
was thinking about getting into go cart racing..wha size engines and whats legal when running at that track?
Anyone wanting to get into go kart racing, check out 4cycle.com great information.
Anyone ever been to southern pride or iron city down in South Carolina?