Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The SEC Championship game needs to be played on Saturday from now on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently, UK's domination of Florida in the SEC title game wasn't in time to move them up to a 3-seed and Florida down to a 3 or 4-seed. The game ended at 3:20 or so and the Selection Show is at 6:00 pm. Calipari even said after the game, "Where we were seeded and were Florida was seeded probably won't change." I guess he was right. Does this mean since the Big Ten's title game ended at about 5:30 that no matter if Ohio State lost, they still would be the number one overall seed? No, it should mean Kansas would be.

Since this is how it allegedly went down, the SEC Tournament needs to start a day earlier so that the SEC Championship game can be played on Saturday (the day before Selection Sunday). This would allow the SEC Champ not to be rewarded by being underseeded and playing in the toughest bracket. Maybe this will give the committee enough time to do their jobs (which they did pathetically this year).

Ridiculous, inexcusable, horrid job by the selection committee. I'm not even going to go into about how ludicrous it was to put UAB and VCU in the field over Virginia Tech and Colorado.
I agree with everything you said.
Amen!!
Agree
Absolutely, and according to the way it was seeded, we were considered the worst of the 4 seeds. Pitiful.