Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Pelphrey Fired At Arkansas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the Florida/Kentucky Game, The Announcers Were Saying that they were getting word that Arkansas Has Fired John Pelfrey As Head Basketball Coach
^
I agree, I like Pelfrey but this comes to no surprise. John simply wasnt getting it done in the fayetteville. I was hoping to see him get one more year and hopefully have a better season but doesnt look like he'll get that 1 more to coach the Hogs. I hope he will get another job soon and have sucesss.
^ I was hoping for one more year also. Especially after this last class he just signed.
i said in the other thread, it was a done deal,he will bounce back somewhere..
I really hate to hear this!! I like Pelfrey.
It's Pelphrey, not Pelfrey..
Good people land on their feet. Tubby lost all favor while at UK and he landed is in a much better place for it. John will be fine. He will land another job and build his confidence back. He will wind up someplace that appreciates him.
Stardust Wrote:Good people land on their feet. Tubby lost all favor while at UK and he landed is in a much better place for it. John will be fine. He will land another job and build his confidence back. He will wind up someplace that appreciates him.

:Thumbs:
I like Pelphrey too, but as a Hogs fan, this is a move that needed to be made. Hopefully, theyll make a strong push after Mike Anderson and bring him home.
i played basketball tonight with a guy who knows the 6'10 Michelson dad and said he may be gone now since john is and said 2 others that he played aau ball with might be gone as well, but we will see...
cuppett777 Wrote:i played basketball tonight with a guy who knows the 6'10 Michelson dad and said he may be gone now since john is and said 2 others that he played aau ball with might be gone as well, but we will see...
Ross has been committed for 4 years. I believe he will stay. Mickelson seems to be the next in line in terms of the ones I think would stay. Next would be BJ Young, he grew up an Arkansas fan and has family in the state. Then Ky Madden, he tweeted if Coach Pel was gone he was gone, but has somewhat backtracked, he is confused right now. Abron, is the shakiest to me now. Had a really good relationship with Coach Pel and is from Texas with no Arkansas ties.

Depending on who the coach is I expect them to keep 4 in a best case, and 3 in worst case. If it is 2 or 5 I will be surprised and it will be really good or really bad for the Hogs.
Hopefully Pelphrey will find his way back to success, wherever that may be.
bring in Billy G lol.
Tubby will be coming back to the SEC. It's his for the taking.
Stardust Wrote:Tubby will be coming back to the SEC. It's his for the taking.
I would welcome Tubby in Fayetteville if they cant get Anderson.
Everyone from Arkansas is saying tubby is 90% sure he is taking it right now. They also talked to Tim Floyd, a few more I can't think of right now and believe it or not someone even said Billg G as a last resort. LMAO!!!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I would welcome Tubby in Fayetteville if they cant get Anderson.

It will almost make the Hog games as interesting as they were during the Nolan Richardson days
I hate to hear this for the former Wildcat.
Hate to hear this, but John will bounce back somewhere. Good luck in your future coaching job.
It's all about wins and losses in major Division I basketball. He didn't win enough and thats the bottom line. I think everyone knew this was coming for quite a long time. The SEC needs Arkansas to be elite. Lets hope whoever they hire (Anderson, Tubby, Ford or ?) can lead the program back to the top very soon. I miss the games from the mid 90s between UK and UA.
beasy_bo Wrote:Everyone from Arkansas is saying tubby is 90% sure he is taking it right now. They also talked to Tim Floyd, a few more I can't think of right now and believe it or not someone even said Billg G as a last resort. LMAO!!!!

someone from Arkansas commented on one of storys about this and said that they heard on the news that Tubby Isn't Coming To Razorback County and that he's still working on a contract extension with Minnesota.