Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alabama 65 - Georgia 59 (OT) (SEC Men's Quarter-Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alabama was down 14 and came back to win in OT.

Alabama Advances To Tomorrow's Semi-Finals And Will Face Either Kentucky or Ole Miss at 1:00 pm - ABC
Bama will be tough, but you have to figure their legs are done
Poor management down the stretch for the Dagws, They dont call a timeout and get a shot clock violation and than call a timeout with 0.8 a secs left, I really didnt get that. Btw UGA hit the shot at the end to win but GA was granted the timeout instead with 0.08. This could hurt the Bulldogs chances of going to the big dance. As of now they are projected to be one of the last 4 out with a 22-11 record.
IMO, this loss bursts Georgia's bubble.
Alabama is a tough out.
Georgia totally unraveled after going up 14 points.
congrats to the Tide
Strong game for Georgia, well for about 75% at least. To have a significant lead go by the waistside with about 7 minutes left and then have poor timeout and clock management for the coach, that is one hard way to lose. I know that Fox is a remarkable coach and is does not have all of the experience to make the split decision but when you have 2 timeouts, are ahead by 2, are trapped in your own corner next to your bench, and you have about minute to hold off a surging Alabama team, WHY WOULD YOU NOT CALL A TIMEOUT..... Then after Alabama ties, wait for the play to develop and almost be completed and then call the timeout...... Man I really feel for Geogia right now.

I hate this for Mark Fox. I swear I want to get behind Georgia and cheer for Fox to turn that program completely around but they have been a little bit of a disappointment this year. They have had the talent to be a 5 or 6 seed and they are now looking at the bubble and can not do anything to help their cause. I think that they should be in the tourney with some of the good wins that they have had this year but my goodness they have been a little disappointing.