Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (18) St. John's 65 - Rutgers 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Terrible officiating at the end. Blown call. Pathetic officials. Yes, I am publicly criticizing the officials of this game.

St John's survives.
I don't complain much about refs, but **** there's was time on the clock when he stepped out of bounds. There was some bad calls there at the end the refs just quit
I never like to blame a game on the officials. Maybe St John's would have still won had a couple of calls been made, but you have to give Rutgers a chance down two, don't you?
itzAmazing Wrote:I never like to blame a game on the officials. Maybe St John's would have still won had a couple of calls been made, but you have to give Rutgers a chance down two, don't you?

Yes they deserve a chance just as much as St. Johns.
You guys know I rarely criticize officiating, but what they allowed at the end of this game was atrocious.
They will most certainly be punished.
[YOUTUBE="Bloom"]YlOWkNBxlTo[/YOUTUBE]
Having tried officiating in several sports, I quickly realized the criticism that most people have for those officiating don't realize truly how hard it is.

However, what happened at the end of this game, in my opinion, was completely irresponsible and unacceptable.
I couldn't believe my eyes on this one. There was 1.7 seconds left when Bromley was out of bounds/traveled/threw the ball into the stands.
Can someone please go back and correct a situation like this...... My goodness. I can not believe it. Even if it is an issue in which they can not go back and rule a walk or technical foul (for throwing the ball into the stands with time left). They could still see that his foot is out of bounds, there is 1.7 left on the clock and Rutgers should have the ball..... If called right it would be two foul shots and the ball back with 1.7 left. But oh my goodness that was horrible.
The refs had to know they screwed up they left in a brisk jog.
Did anyone see the end of this game?>

This is why i hate officials.

With 2 seconds left a St john s player walked and then stepped out of bounds and nothing was called.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6198753

The Fouled to steal the ball and then ran out of bounds.

Lol. Geez.
Already a thread on this for you to whine about the officials :p
I missed it!
Lol, finally. People agree With Me!
Close this./
Wildcatk23, this must make you feel special to have SOOOO many people, (including me) agree with you about officials.
Aslan Wrote:You guys know I rarely criticize officiating, but what they allowed at the end of this game was atrocious.
They will most certainly be punished.

LWC Wrote:Wildcatk23, this must make you feel special to have SOOOO many people, (including me) agree with you about officials.

It does. It happens alot more than people want to admit.
Rutgers got hosed!
The coach handeled it better than many would have. You have to give him some respect because he really could have acted alot worse.
What I didn't understand is as a player.. why start walking off the court anyways? It's the players fault really... Time hadn;t expired and he just throws the ball in the stands and starts screaming.. The player is lucky he doesn't get fined too.

But definitely should have been called out of bounds and possibly even a foul on the other end.
OK they missed a call. That's sports/life. Sometimes you get the call sometimes you don't
I like the way Rutgers coach reacted to it.
But.....
in no way is this acceptable for anyone who refs at the college level.
I would imagine their days are numbered lol
Those three refs had officiated 20 final fours between them. That's what makes it even more surprising.