Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tressel in trouble at Ohio St?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tressel in trouble at Ohio St?
News is just breaking that Tressel may be in some very hot water due to knowledge of the recent trouble at the school and not reporting it. Report says he new of players selling memorabila 8 months before the news came out and did nothing about it. Let's see if he gets a slap on the wrist like the school and players did before the bowl game.
Long overdue.
sstack Wrote:Tressel in trouble at Ohio St?
News is just breaking that Tressel may be in some very hot water due to knowledge of the recent trouble at the school and not reporting it. Report says he new of players selling memorabila 8 months before the news came out and did nothing about it. Let's see if he gets a slap on the wrist like the school and players did before the bowl game.

As long as Tressel continues to beat Michigan, he is going no where.
Nothing will happen to Tressel.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:As long as Tressel continues to beat Michigan, he is going no where.

:Thumbs:

I hope you're right Eerie.
Watch out the NCAA might take his sweater vest away.
Always seems to be controversy with Tressel.
Nothing will happen to him. Of course. The NCAA is a farce of an organization.
Wow, the vest is in trouble? Seriously?
Just seen on ESPN he will serve a 2 game suspension.
I forgot he will also pay a $250K fine
Another wonderful serving by the No Consistency Athletic Association.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Another wonderful serving by the No Consistency Athletic Association.

I really feel like taking the sweater vest would have been a better punishment.
Good I hate the buckeyes
That was Ohio State's self imposed sanctions. The NCAA should come down much harder. If the players were suspended five games for this, then Tressel should be suspended the same if not more.
agreed!!
Aslan Wrote:That was Ohio State's self imposed sanctions. The NCAA should come down much harder. If the players were suspended five games for this, then Tressel should be suspended the same if not more.

You would think the school would suspend him as much as the players, if not more. I expect the NCAA will increase the suspention and might even come down hard on him since the school was so easy on him.
Sorry, not gonna happen. We're talking about OSU not UK.
Depending on how the NCAA approaches this situation, we can really see if a double standard exists with how they "go by the book." A premier football power is now in the spotlight with the only option to be harsh penalties, let's see if the NCAA does what most think they should, or if they spin it off and allow OSU a small slap on the wrist. This also HAS to be consistent with the Pearl/UT situation seeing as though it is pretty much the same issue, breaking of compliance. Personally I think that the NCAA looks at these situations individually and not really by the cut-and-dried facts. Much like people speculated that the NCAA did not want to punish Cam Newton/Auburn when it was a big possibility that they would be in the title game, I do not think that Ohio State (one of the biggest football programs) will get penalized to the appropriate extent. The NCAA knows what they are doing and I totally expect them to not let me down.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Depending on how the NCAA approaches this situation, we can really see if a double standard exists with how they "go by the book." A premier football power is now in the spotlight with the only option to be harsh penalties, let's see if the NCAA does what most think they should, or if they spin it off and allow OSU a small slap on the wrist. This also HAS to be consistent with the Pearl/UT situation seeing as though it is pretty much the same issue, breaking of compliance. Personally I think that the NCAA looks at these situations individually and not really by the cut-and-dried facts. Much like people speculated that the NCAA did not want to punish Cam Newton/Auburn when it was a big possibility that they would be in the title game, I do not think that Ohio State (one of the biggest football programs) will get penalized to the appropriate extent. The NCAA knows what they are doing and I totally expect them to not let me down.

It will happen.
Benchwarmer Wrote:It will happen.

What I meant by "I totally expect them to not let me down" is for the NCAA to do the same thing they did in the Cam Newton case. Sorry about that.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What I meant by "I totally expect them to not let me down" is for the NCAA to do the same thing they did in the Cam Newton case. Sorry about that.

Very little will be done.
IMO, he'll get suspended 5 games, like his players, nothing more. He should be suspended the entire year, scholarship reductions, a year or two postseason ban and all of OSU's wins last year should be vacated.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Very little will be done.

Agreed. Not to a cash cow program for football.

Aslan Wrote:IMO, he'll get suspended 5 games, like his players, nothing more. He should be suspended the entire year, scholarship reductions, a year or two postseason ban and all of OSU's wins last year should be vacated.

I completely agree... I hate to see it happen but all of those wins SHOULD come off the board if the NCAA wants to stay consistent.
Im telling you that what ever they do in the Tennessee case, they HAVE to do in this one. But than again, the NCAA never does what they should.
Tressel should be fired. Exact same thing happened in Youngstown state. He is a snake, and it's his kind that is wrong in college athletics. I for one don't have much of an issue with the fact that the players sold their OWN personal property. It's like "Indian Giving". "Here son, this is yours to keep, but you are not allowed to get rid of it"?????

But, rules are rules, they broke them. And this idiot slug knew all about it. One mistake, it can be forgiven. But this guy has proven he is slime!
Stardust Wrote:Tressel should be fired. Exact same thing happened in Youngstown state. He is a snake, and it's his kind that is wrong in college athletics. I for one don't have much of an issue with the fact that the players sold their OWN personal property. It's like "Indian Giving". "Here son, this is yours to keep, but you are not allowed to get rid of it"?????

But, rules are rules, they broke them. And this idiot slug knew all about it. One mistake, it can be forgiven. But this guy has proven he is slime!

How do you really fell. LOL
^ Smile