Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (20) Kentucky 64 - Tennessee 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Knoxville.

Great 2nd half offensively for the Cats. Knight literally took over!

NO MORE ROAD GAMES!!!
BIG!!!! statement win by the boys....just hate to see the refs still be so inconsistent even against tenn too
beasy_bo Wrote:BIG!!!! statement win by the boys....just hate to see the refs still be so inconsistent even against tenn too

It's pathetic both ways. These students TN and UK work there ***** off only for a game to be determined by some old guy with bad vision.
Up 4 for with 3 seconds left I was still nervous.
It's about time!
Pearl come into the game with a better game plan and stoped UKs offensive in the first half, but Cal made the right adjustments at halftime to get the big win!
Miller hasn't been disappearing of late, and is playing like he should have been all year.
I know TJ gets a lot of hate for being selfish, but give him some props, he was on the floor after loose balls all night, and made the foul shots to seal the win.
So glad UK got the 2 seed, that bye is going to be huge for a team with no depth.
Aslan Wrote:It's about time!
Pearl come into the game with a better game plan and stoped UKs offensive in the first half, but Cal made the right adjustments at halftime to get the big win!
Miller hasn't been disappearing of late, and is playing like he should have been all year.
I know TJ gets a lot of hate for being selfish, but give him some props, he was on the floor after loose balls all night, and made the foul shots to seal the win.
So glad UK got the 2 seed, that bye is going to be huge for a team with no depth.
:Thumbs:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It's pathetic both ways. These students TN and UK work there ***** off only for a game to be determined by some old guy with bad vision.

Seriously?
UK will play the winner of Ole Miss/South Carolina in the SEC tournament.
how was this game? i didn't get to see it cause i was busy working on my computer
Bye is huge and opposite bracket of Tenn, Fl, Vandy. Jones does hustle but forces many plays. He may be the best worst player we have had.
It was good to see Kentucky win a road game. Kentucky proved they can win close ball games without key players. I was worried once we got in foul trouble, but we turned out alright.
Great game to watch. First Half I wanted to rip my eyes out but the second half looked great. I will say this to be someone who has bashed Cal for his X's and O'S coaching he did a great job with his adjustments in this one. I thought they were in big trouble when Liggins fouled out then it got worse with Lamb. The Harrelson turnover had me scared BUT the Cats prevaled. Great win and gives them great momentum and confidence after being down by 7 at the Half and taking over early in the second and not looking back. This team still has an opportunity to do great things. Happy to see them sweep the Vols.
First of all the refs had No, and i repeat No, influence on the final outcome...They were inconsistent on the reaching and hand checks both ways. The key to the game was the fact that UK took, and hit, better shots, Jones finally showed up the last half moreso than the first, and the UK defense was incredible. Basically in 30 minutes of action, they gave up 42 points. From 16-6 down, to 64-58 final. The refs were not the greatest, but I think either coach would take that kind of called game over a lot that I have seen.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Great game to watch. First Half I wanted to rip my eyes out but the second half looked great. I will say this to be someone who has bashed Cal for his X's and O'S coaching he did a great job with his adjustments in this one. I thought they were in big trouble when Liggins fouled out then it got worse with Lamb. The Harrelson turnover had me scared BUT the Cats prevaled. Great win and gives them great momentum and confidence after being down by 7 at the Half and taking over early in the second and not looking back. This team still has an opportunity to do great things. Happy to see them sweep the Vols.

Dang you must have been mad. LOL
Aslan Wrote:It's about time!

If I recall, you and ole Dusty said Coach Cal wasn't capable of doing that. You may not have Aslan, but we all remember well who did. :Clap:
Big win for the Cats, they have beaten three good teams in a row going into the SEC tournament. I'm hoping Brandon Knight sticks around after this season(which I think he will).
That was very likely the last game we will ever have to see Bruce Pearl. No coach has ever irritated me more. Great win. They needed that so bad. Lets hope they carry it over to the tournament.:Clap:
Aslan Wrote:Seriously?

Yea, to many games are decided by officials blowing a call handing a team a game when they didnt earn it. It goes both ways, Kentucky had one handed to them against mississippi state a few years ago.
I wasnt saying the outcome was because of the refs but the guys on both sides of the floor didn't know how aggressive the could play defense because of the refs not being on the same page the whole game. I just wish I could watch a UK basketball game with consistent calls....back to the game. you have to give goins a props foir that defense he played first half then Knight for coming out second half for showing him who has more heart and more talent. Poor miller just didn't want to be aggressive this game, especially first half.
HUGE statement win going into the big dance!
UK seemed like a different team in the 2nd Half! This was a great way to end the season with a Big win @ Tennessee!! I saw the SEC Tournament Bracket and UK definitely has the easiest route to the Championship game!
If Cal wins the SEC championship again a bunch of frosh and no bench that speaks volumes to me, considering where the team was 2 years ago at this point.
Thanks for the analysis guys, I did not see the game.
HUGE win!
I can't believe no one has mentioned the job JH did down the stretch.
He played some good interior defense in the final minutes and just about every rebound was corralled by him at the end of the game....
and if he didn't get the board he tipped it up to the person that did get it.
I am so glad CBS didn't have the mikes so close to the UT Pep Band that I had to hear Rocky Top 25 times. Of course, at the end, we didn't hear it at all. Great win for the Wildcats.
congrats to the Cats,now its neutral court time and i think they will do well
How about vargas coming in and gettin a dunk, and actually playing decent defense. Add in Harrellson dominating the boards and it was the kind of game that proves to me that we will be fine in the big dance.
Harrelson was on my poop list when he threw that ball away. But Def made up for it.
Stardust Wrote:Thanks for the analysis guys, I did not see the game.

:Thumbs:
I don't think that Cal made so many adjustments during halftime, I think that he questioned their MANHOOD and guys you know what I'm talking about... Tennessee flat out beat us up physically in the 1st half, then at half time, he asked them if they had the BALLS to stand up to a bully and fight back... The answered that question in the 2nd half and the stat that I'm more impressed with, UK had 11 rebounds with over 5 minutes to play in the game and Tennessee had 0. I mean 0... UK rebounded the ball with guts and a will to want the ball, they got on the floor after lose balls and just refused to lose this game...Nice Win, CATS....
Pages: 1 2