Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010-11 NCAABB All American 1st Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've heard some of Dicky V's picks for this and since the regular season is coming to a close I thought I would see what you guys think about which five players should be on the All American first team in College Basketball.

My picks:

PG- Jimmer Fredette(BYU) Been the best player in the country all season.
SG- Nolan Smith(Duke) The second best player in the country.
SF- Derrick Williams(Arizona) Athletic phenom, leading Arizona.
PF- Jared Sullinger(Ohio State) Super frosh, big man for the Buckeyes.
C- JaJuan Johnson(Purdue) Very underrated, incredible player.

Feel free to disagree :Thumbs:
ESPN was talking about Kenneth Faried a few days ago. Kid can ball.
Can't argue with that team.

As for Kenneth Faried, I can see him being a third-team All-American selection.
Can't really argue with that as the 1st-team.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Can't argue with that team.

As for Kenneth Faried, I can see him being a third-team All-American selection.

I can agree with that.
This is just me. But I'd put Nolan Smith at PG and let Jimmer Fredette play the SG.
Are you all really forgetting about Ben Hansborough? I can't stand the kid but I think he's better than Nolan Smith and Fredette. I think Fredette is way overrated. He dominates against not to good competition...ok, big deal. Put a top-notch defender on him and in my opinion, we'll see that he's not the best player in the country by any means.
This will be the weakest All American team in a long time IMO. The NCAA and NBA are suffering right now because of the one and done rule. Just look at the 1st teams from 10-15 years ago. Hopefully the NBA in their new CBA can can fix it or NCAA can come up with a better fromula. I think college baseball has a system that would work.
vundy33 Wrote:Are you all really forgetting about Ben Hansborough? I can't stand the kid but I think he's better than Nolan Smith and Fredette. I think Fredette is way overrated. He dominates against not to good competition...ok, big deal. Put a top-notch defender on him and in my opinion, we'll see that he's not the best player in the country by any means.

I think BYU is a fraud in general. Now that they don't have their starting center due his "relations" with his girlfriend they will be exposed quickly come tournament time. Athough, I wouldn't mind seeing them win out and grab a 2 seed and UK get a 3 and be placed in the same bracket.
List looks great. I believe Hansborough is worthy to be on this team as well.
vundy33 Wrote:Are you all really forgetting about Ben Hansborough? I can't stand the kid but I think he's better than Nolan Smith and Fredette. I think Fredette is way overrated. He dominates against not to good competition...ok, big deal. Put a top-notch defender on him and in my opinion, we'll see that he's not the best player in the country by any means.

That may be true, but Fredette will get POY regardless.
What about Kemba Walker?
MisterPerfect Wrote:This is just me. But I'd put Nolan Smith at PG and let Jimmer Fredette play the SG.

I'm with you.
Does Fredette even have an assist this year lol
Walker and Hansbrough should be on the Second team IMO, they have both had fantastic seasons but I just can't put either one of them over Smith or Fredette. As for Fredette at the PG or SG, it doesn't really matter to me just as long as he's on the team.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm with you.

That's what I said when I seen that list at first.
leecoukfan Wrote:What about Kemba Walker?

Walker killed himself in my opinion at Maui. He was dominating teams at the beginning of the year with his numbers. He's still putting up great numbers. But he's calmed down a lot since earlier this season.

But this is just my opinion.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:That may be true, but Fredette will get POY regardless.

:Thumbs:
Nolan Smith over Kemba Walker>?

Any non dukie would think not.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm with you.

He had a season high 9 against San Diego State.