Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia 72 - (11) Louisville 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Great ball game. Crazy finish though I'm glad WVU beat the Cards.
I hate WVU more then UL.
Shew, awful way to lose a game. I don't like the call, but I agree with it, Knowles killed him.
Knowles had 2 mental lapses in the last seconds.
Shooting a 3 with 5 seconds left with the score tied...
and fouling at 3/4 court.
I had no problem with the shot. I would have preferred him to penetrate and try to create a better shot for himself or dish to a teammate. But he's a good shooter, that missed a make-able shot, so I have no problem with it.
Did looserville get out coached or what.
Knowles, what are you thinking!?!?!?
Preston Knowles just got caught up in the moment. Siva's foul trouble really hurt the Cards early in this one seeing as how Elisha had a rough game when he was out there.
I was shocked to hear the outcome to this one although I heard that this probably should have gone into Overtime and didn't due to a sketchy call by the refs.
havent been keeping up with the redbirds much, does justice not play as much as early in the year?
That wasn't a sketchy call at all. I could see how it could be called that if the WVU player was just throwing a 3/4 court shot up with a few seconds left because he felt the contact, but he was throwing a shot up to hopefully hit a miracle and win the game with no time left. I don't really like a foul there, but it was the right call I guess. He kept the shot from going up.

In other news, this makes me very, very happy. Can't wait to beat little sister again.
vundy33 Wrote:That wasn't a sketchy call at all. I could see how it could be called that if the WVU player was just throwing a 3/4 court shot up with a few seconds left because he felt the contact, but he was throwing a shot up to hopefully hit a miracle and win the game with no time left. I don't really like a foul there, but it was the right call I guess. He kept the shot from going up.

In other news, this makes me very, very happy. Can't wait to beat little sister again.

Bad coaching for allowing his players to do this.
Allowing them to do what? Foul? Ricky P didn't tell them to foul, the game was tied, Knowles came down the court and shot a 3 with 5 seconds left, a WVU player with the coolest name ever, Truck, got the rebound and just turned around to throw up a prayer to win the game. I'm sure Knowles didn't mean to foul, just in the moment. I really think he just had a mind fart, I have no idea why he would go for a steal...unless he thought there was more time left than there was..
zaga_fan Wrote:Knowles had 2 mental lapses in the last seconds.
Shooting a 3 with 5 seconds left with the score tied...
and fouling at 3/4 court.

Knowles isn't exactly what you would call a heady player. He is very emotional and is prone to bad decsions. This is the same guy who faced assault charges in the off season for an altercation started over a hair brush. Just saying.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=52655
Aslan Wrote:I had no problem with the shot. I would have preferred him to penetrate and try to create a better shot for himself or dish to a teammate. But he's a good shooter, that missed a make-able shot, so I have no problem with it.

I just don't agree with it in that situation.
If you're down 3.....that is the shot you always want.
If you're down 2.....that is the shot I would want.
If you're down 1 or tied....go to the hoop first and worry about a jump shot if the defense takes that away from you.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Did looserville get out coached or what.

lmfao, what happens to coach cal every game? pelfery down in ARK out coached him by a mile and no worrys louisville will still be a top 3 seed after the big east tourny unlike kentucky. with rick kentucky would be the same as WKU atm. ricky P turned them back around into a good team.
Im probably the biggest UL fan ever, and wanted myc ards to pull this one out. We should have i thought too... However the controversial shot from knowles. Thats probably the best look we were going to get but i thought juric should have shot the shot. As for pitino getting outcoached. How? He didnt tell knowles to foul. We went for the win and at the worst OT. However knowles fouled him. That foul had a lot of acting by truck I think, but it was a good call. Knowles should have never given the ref a reason to call a foul. Still Proud of my cards for a great season, and look forward to watch them make a run in the tournament
Joneslab Wrote:Knowles isn't exactly what you would call a heady player. He is very emotional and is prone to bad decsions. This is the same guy who faced assault charges in the off season for an altercation started over a hair brush. Just saying.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=52655

What did this have to do with anything? lol Knowles has had a great season, is a POY candidate. He just had a bad 5 seconds in the end.
HORRIBLE COACHING DOWN THE STRETCH. At this point in the season the coach should have them ready for this type of game. -.-
theVILLE Wrote:What did this have to do with anything? lol Knowles has had a great season, is a POY candidate. He just had a bad 5 seconds in the end.

?
I think that WVU's seniors just decided they were winning their last game at the Coliseum. You can't blame that one on Pitino. He didn't get out rebounded 48-25 and he wasn't the one that did not hedge out or switch the screen on Mitchell. When WVU and Louisville play, you can bet it will be a hard fought game with IMO two of the best coaches in the nation on the benches.

I'm not sure what Knowles was thinking on that foul, but I'm sure glad he was thinking it....lol He went brain dead for a second or two. I was not liking the thought of OT without Mazzulla and Thoroughman.

Yes, Ville, it was a foul and Truck did sell it well. He most definitely made it look worse than it was.
If WVU gets past the Marquette/Providence winner Wednesday night, we will get to watch Round 3 of this match-up Thursday night at 9:00. Should be interesting!!! I love March Madness!!!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:?

I'm assuming he means Big East POY candidate.
West Virginia will beat Kentucky too if given the chance.
theVILLE Wrote:What did this have to do with anything? lol Knowles has had a great season, is a POY candidate. He just had a bad 5 seconds in the end.

Pretty much everything. It complimented my point very nicely. Knowles is a nice player but he is a head case. That's no secret. He's always been prone to bad shots and bad decisions both on and off the court. #simplefacts:Thumbs:
The only fault that I could see with "Quicky" Ricky is that he should have used Stephen Van Treese earlier in the game instead of waiting til the second half. Louisville was getting hammered on the boards by West Virginia and Rick kept Van Treese on the bench. I guess he did not understand the game plan... I would have preferred Knowles to take the ball closer to the rim and shoot a 10-15 foot jump shot instead of shooting a 22 foot 3 point shot...
zaga_fan Wrote:?

In the big east
ImagineThat! Wrote:I think that WVU's seniors just decided they were winning their last game at the Coliseum. You can't blame that one on Pitino. He didn't get out rebounded 48-25 and he wasn't the one that did not hedge out or switch the screen on Mitchell. When WVU and Louisville play, you can bet it will be a hard fought game with IMO two of the best coaches in the nation on the benches.

I'm not sure what Knowles was thinking on that foul, but I'm sure glad he was thinking it....lol He went brain dead for a second or two. I was not liking the thought of OT without Mazzulla and Thoroughman.

Yes, Ville, it was a foul and Truck did sell it well. He most definitely made it look worse than it was.

Yeah, dont think I was trying to say it wasnt a foul. he just didnt get mugged as it appeared lol... Truck was playing it smart and was going to make sure he got the foul. Dumb on knowles part though to even get close to him
mhshow21 Wrote:lmfao, what happens to coach cal every game? pelfery down in ARK out coached him by a mile and no worrys louisville will still be a top 3 seed after the big east tourny unlike kentucky. with rick kentucky would be the same as WKU atm. ricky P turned them back around into a good team.

the same goes For Ole Ricky P, Coach Cal Out Coached Him. I'd like to know how you say that Louisville is gonna automatically Win The Big East when they have to get through Georgetown, West Virginia, UCONN
Pages: 1 2