Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (23) Kentucky @ Tennessee 3/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If UK Wins And Georgia Loses A Game Then UK Will Get The # 2 Seed In The SEC Tournament!

CBS - 12:00 pm

thoughts?
It will be close and Williams will all but rape one of our players at the end. When he does this something will be called on us and we will lose by 1 or 2. Saw it happen already this year.
UK hasn't proved their capable of winning on the road. I'll take the Vols by 3. Prove me wrong Cats.
I think we matchup really well with Tennessee, but we don't play very well on the road, however I'm still taking the Cats by 6.
I hope this UK team understands how crucial this game is to them. If they win this game, they get a day of rest that they will desperately need. Gotta go take care of business. Bruce Pearl will not make it easy, but games in March never are.
I hope the Cats pull this one out. I will take Kentucky by 4
I am not really really confident about this game. But I think that this team is more than capable in suprising me and pulling out what I consider an upset. Come on cats!!
Cats suck on the road....Vols have been anything but good at home. Should be close either way.
Depth in the paint will hurt the Cats in this game. If UK can hit from the Arc and play off the ball screen, they have a chance to pull out a big road victory. But I go back to what I started with, they just don't have enough Bodies.

UT by 4
I agree with Stardust, not enough of big bodies that will hurt them against Tenn, hurt them in the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament. Until they show me they can win on the road, I'm betting my kids college education fund on UT
vols win. no question uk cant win on the road and will have a hard time in knoxville
Navajo4life Wrote:I agree with Stardust, not enough of big bodies that will hurt them against Tenn, hurt them in the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament. Until they show me they can win on the road, I'm betting my kids college education fund on UT

I agree with you both....IF Tennessee's Bigs show up. They have been inconsistent to say the least.
Kentucky simply turns into a different team on the road, Vols by 4.
I think we match up just fine with Tennessee. I don't recall their bigs giving us too much problems at Rupp. I'm just picking us to lose, because how awful this team has been on the road.
Stardust Wrote:Depth in the paint will hurt the Cats in this game. If UK can hit from the Arc and play off the ball screen, they have a chance to pull out a big road victory. But I go back to what I started with, they just don't have enough Bodies.

UT by 4

I picked UK because I couldn't say otherwise, but your right. We are just flat out bad on the road.
No depth will kill us. And not to mention, we are awful on the road. Vols by 6..
Kentucky 69
Tennessee 60
It'd be nice to get a big road win going into the post season, but I don't see it happening. Vols 72-69
Tenn-68
UK-66

Plz prove me wrong..Go Cats!
Navajo4life Wrote:I agree with Stardust, not enough of big bodies that will hurt them against Tenn, hurt them in the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament. Until they show me they can win on the road, I'm betting my kids college education fund on UT

Well, I wouldn't want you to do that, but if you did you will probably wind up being able to send them to an Ivy-league school.

goscots56 Wrote:I agree with you both....IF Tennessee's Bigs show up. They have been inconsistent to say the least.

I completly agree. Harris did NOTHING in the first game. I expect him to provide much more from the paint in Knoxville.

geauxtigers75 Wrote:I picked UK because I couldn't say otherwise, but your right. We are just flat out bad on the road.

Needless to say, Hyde shows up when the Cats leave Rupp
Kentucky 72-68.
Vols by 5
Strikeout King Wrote:If UK Wins And Georgia Loses A Game Then UK Will Get The # 2 Seed In The SEC Tournament!

I'm pretty sure that if UK wins, we can get the #2 seed by Vanderbilt losing this weekend as well. We would have the individual tiebreaker over either Vandy or Georgia if we finish tied with one of the two. The problem is a 3-way tie, if that happens, we drop to the #3 seed.

By the time we play on Sunday, UK will know if the 2-seed is still in play or not.

Go Cats!
As for the game itself, do I pick with my head or my heart?

Head = UT by 2
Heart = UK by 6
Vandy has to play Florida, and Georiga plays Alabama. The race for the 2 seed is going to be very interesting this weekend.
This game means jack to me.. Vols will probably win but it wouldn't surprise me if UK won either..

Either way UK rolls through the SEC tourney, no matter what seed they are.
The SEC tourney is pretty much a home game for kentucky so this doesnt really matter to me.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The SEC tourney is pretty much a home game for kentucky so this doesnt really matter to me.

If you're a UK fan, it should matter a lot. The difference between the #2 and #3 seeds is HUGE in the SEC tourney, seeing as how the #3 seed has to play on Thursday and the #2 seed gets a bye to Friday. It's a difference of 4 games in 4 days or 3 games in 3 days, and that's a big deal to a team with such little depth as UK.

Of course, even if it wasn't for all that, it is still Tennessee. Beating them is ALWAYS important. :biggrin:
Strikeout King Wrote:If UK Wins And Georgia Loses A Game Then UK Will Get The # 2 Seed In The SEC Tournament!

CBS - 12:00 pm

thoughts?

Alabama will have the #2 seed.
Real Badman Wrote:Alabama will have the #2 seed.

Fortunately there are two #2 seeds.
Pages: 1 2 3