Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marshall 58 (9)West Virginia 52 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marshall has had some close games this year. Had (14) George Washington beat at home but blew it at the end. They've done that all year but not this time.

Two years in a row for Marshall. This team might just be one year away from being pretty good. Could have a real good record if not for a few blown one's at the end of the games.
Huge upset
Very big upset.. I thought West Virginia would win... looks like Marshall may be a little better than what people think
I can't believe West Virginia who has been called the hottest team in basketball lost this game @ home...
oh how the mighty have fallen......... alfus didnt you say in the Bracketology thread that WVU was the best team in the nation right now?
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:oh how the mighty have fallen......... alfus didnt you say in the Bracketology thread that WVU was the best team in the nation right now?

Yeah, I said it because at the time it was true...They had won 10 in a row over good competition coming into this game, and even the analysts were saying they were the best team in the country right now, so it wasn't just me..It was also the guys getting paid a lot more than we'll ever know to say it...
"alfus21" Wrote:I can't believe West Virginia who has been called the hottest team in basketball lost this game @ home...

Good win for Marshall but it wasnt at West Varginias Home Court there home court is in Morgontown West Virgina, and tonight they played in Charleston. But im glad to see Marshall win for 2 years straight.
"former_cards_player02" Wrote:Good win for Marshall but it wasnt at West Varginias Home Court there home court is in Morgontown West Virgina, and tonight they played in Charleston. But im glad to see Marshall win for 2 years straight.

Oh, alright thanks..I thought I heard someone say WVU lost @ home tonight..Either way this really hurts UK's RPI and SOS..We really need WVU to kick ass in the BEast
"alfus21" Wrote:Oh, alright thanks..I thought I heard someone say WVU lost @ home tonight..Either way this really hurts UK's RPI and SOS..We really need WVU to kick ass in the BEast

Exactly what I was thinking. This will hurt our RPI.

This is a shocking upset. Almost as shocking as Wisconsin getting upset last week.
Alright Herd! I like seeing marshall win this one even though ultimately, i'd love to see WVU have a run at the championship.
You know all the great teams fall, teams have there bad nights, and teams have there good nights. Looks like Marhsall had the good night and Wv had the bad night.
Well MArshall has been play great ball since they have started Con USA, yea they only have 1 win but the other 4 losses were close even one in over time.

WVU couldnt hit the boards at all and shot horrible from the arch.
Congrats Marshall
Marshall really needed this to build some MOMENTUM. They've played good but just couldn't put a full game together this year against good teams. WVU had won 12 in a row I think.
congrats