Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (22) Kentucky 76 - (13) Florida 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Leaders:

Miller (UK) 24 pts

Harrellson (UK) 12 rebs.

Knight (UK) 6 Asst.

Coach Cal 500th Career Win
Very good win for the Cats today Miller showed up tp play again and congrats to coach Cal on 500 wins
Congrats UK and Coach Cal!

I'm glad Miller has been playing well over the last few games, I hope he plays like this the rest of the year!
Calipari has won 32 consecutive home games. He needs only 97 more consecutive to tie coach Rupp's 129 straight home wins from 1943 to 1955, lets hope he comes close.
Cats really impressed me today. Great win, over a good team. Miller has the ability to play like this every game. He played aggressive and was looking for his shot every time the ball touched his hand. Hopefully he keeps it up, UK needs him if they're going to make a run in March.
Every time Miller ends up playing the 4, he needs to do this. He HAS to be hot for UK to beat Vanderbilt. As someone else posted. THIS is what UK fans have been waiting for. Not necessarily the 20+ points, but for him to stop disappearing for long stretches of games.
Miller was very impressive as were the Cats for most of this one. Great win.
Miller looked like an all-american today. Glad he's finally becoming the player everyone thought he could be.

Great overall performance by the entire team!
way to go Cats, how many in double figures in points?
cuppett777 Wrote:way to go Cats, how many in double figures in points?

Miller - 24 points
Knight - 16 points
Lamb - 14 points
Miller is finally starting to play like we all expected him to.
I missed the ball game because of work, but I have one question about it. How come when we win we say well so and so played a good ball game, and when we lose it's well Cal just can't coach? Wouldn't you think Cal helped coach them to a win over Florida or the loss to Bama it's not all Cal's fault we put ourselves too deep in a hole to comeback. I am a huge Cal supporter and this is just something I'm taking notice to.
Nice win for the CATS!
Way to go Cats and Darius! He's starting to play like we know he can! I'm hoping he slows down a little though so he doesn't think about jumping to the NBA after this year. :biggrin:

HawksRule Wrote:I missed the ball game because of work, but I have one question about it. How come when we win we say well so and so played a good ball game, and when we lose it's well Cal just can't coach? Wouldn't you think Cal helped coach them to a win over Florida or the loss to Bama it's not all Cal's fault we put ourselves too deep in a hole to comeback. I am a huge Cal supporter and this is just something I'm taking notice to.

I agree completely.
I predicted this one!! Hopefully the Cats can get it together and start winning some road games!
HawksRule Wrote:I missed the ball game because of work, but I have one question about it. How come when we win we say well so and so played a good ball game, and when we lose it's well Cal just can't coach? Wouldn't you think Cal helped coach them to a win over Florida or the loss to Bama it's not all Cal's fault we put ourselves too deep in a hole to comeback. I am a huge Cal supporter and this is just something I'm taking notice to.
Because coaching deficiencies are usually more apparent in road games and in close losses than they are in wins. UK coaches are supposed to lead their team to wins over Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Vandy, Georgia, and Alabama - even when the road games.

What your asking is like asking why there are not more "dog bites man" stories in the media.

UK's lack of depth is not the players' doing, it is a coaching issue (hopefully a temporary one). Lack of depth is the reason a punk like Liggins can get away with arguing with Coach Cal during a game and not following his instructions on the court.

A better coach would bench Liggins until his attitude improved and let him feel some peer pressure from his teammates - even if it cost the team a few wins in the short run. If Coach Cal had a deeper bench, then he could bench Liggins without the team missing a beat. Coaches need to instill certain core principles in players for the long-term good of the program. Player respect for their coach is one of those principles. The SEC is not the NBA and player disrespect for the coaches cannot be tolerated.
Coach cal will get caught you want and see!!!!!
The Private Wrote:Coach cal will get caught you want and see!!!!!

Caught doing what? Winning?

When was this said? Can you show me a post in the losses that UK had that said Cal is the reason the Cats lost? This is an arbitrary statement due to all the sniping going back and forth, but the statement is completely unfounded and has never been made! This is beginning to sound like a Democratic and Republican debate when one side says something and the other side only hears what they want.:please:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Because coaching deficiencies are usually more apparent in road games and in close losses than they are in wins. UK coaches are supposed to lead their team to wins over Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Vandy, Georgia, and Alabama - even when the road games.

What your asking is like asking why there are not more "dog bites man" stories in the media.

UK's lack of depth is not the players' doing, it is a coaching issue (hopefully a temporary one). Lack of depth is the reason a punk like Liggins can get away with arguing with Coach Cal during a game and not following his instructions on the court.

A better coach would bench Liggins until his attitude improved and let him feel some peer pressure from his teammates - even if it cost the team a few wins in the short run. If Coach Cal had a deeper bench, then he could bench Liggins without the team missing a beat. Coaches need to instill certain core principles in players for the long-term good of the program. Player respect for their coach is one of those principles. The SEC is not the NBA and player disrespect for the coaches cannot be tolerated.

It's a symptom of the issue, but not the total issue. I agree with all that you say, but I will also say that we have a good team, but we do not have a great team. One if the big issues that no-one has said much about is that this team is not a top level team. We are way too thin, and that I contend is the Program, from the AD through the coaching staff to not have brout players in last March.

Bottom-line, when teams win, the Players were great. When a team loses, it's either the Refs or the Coach. That is not just an example of UK, it's with ever team in the country's fans.
Vargas actually was useful in this game.
Stardust Wrote:When was this said? Can you show me a post in the losses that UK had that said Cal is the reason the Cats lost? This is an arbitrary statement due to all the sniping going back and forth, but the statement is completely unfounded and has never been made! This is beginning to sound like a Democratic and Republican debate when one side says something and the other side only hears what they want.:please:

One day me and you will agree on something, but I don't think it will ever be during a basketball season.
1. This one is from you after the Ole Miss loss
Before the excuse posts start, answer this: How could we make ZERO adjustments to the Ball Screen on defense and where is this vaunter Dribble/Drive Offense.

Very poor adjustments, very poor!

2. From TheRealVille after the same game
I'm with Dusty on this one. They played like doo-doo, and Cal didn't coach like a coach should. That screen killed them. I'm a true UK supporter, but not when they play dumb*** ball. Those timeouts Cal took to the bus are not like ATT rollover minutes.

I'm good on my research I will find whatever is wanted:1:
There is your proof plus you and many others state Cal is not an X and O guy would you not say that being a good X and O guy make a good coach? Saying he isn't a good X and O guy is the same thing as saying he isn't a good coach.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Because coaching deficiencies are usually more apparent in road games and in close losses than they are in wins. UK coaches are supposed to lead their team to wins over Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Vandy, Georgia, and Alabama - even when the road games.

You do not think the players have anything to do with losing on the road? Cal isn't the one out there making the passes or shooting the ball.
On to your next point UK's lack of depth is not the coaches nor player's fault. That would be the NCAA's fault Cal recruited what he thought he would get which is Kanter. If Kanter was eligible then we would be much more deeper then we are now. Chew on that for a minute and think about it. Kanter being eligible allows Harrellson to come off the bench as the 7th man, and we would be able to rotate guys in and out a little bit more. I have nothing to say about Liggins the guy is a awesome defender and makes big plays on defense. I haven't seen any problems between the two at all so I don't know what your talking about.
HawksRule Wrote:You do not think the players have anything to do with losing on the road? Cal isn't the one out there making the passes or shooting the ball.
On to your next point UK's lack of depth is not the coaches nor player's fault. That would be the NCAA's fault Cal recruited what he thought he would get which is Kanter. If Kanter was eligible then we would be much more deeper then we are now. Chew on that for a minute and think about it. Kanter being eligible allows Harrellson to come off the bench as the 7th man, and we would be able to rotate guys in and out a little bit more. I have nothing to say about Liggins the guy is a awesome defender and makes big plays on defense. I haven't seen any problems between the two at all so I don't know what your talking about.

How is Kanter being ineligible the NCAA's fault? He recieved too much money playing pro ball in Turkey. I believe that it is Calipari's fault that UK does not have the depth that they should have. He put all of his chickens into one basket hoping to get Kanter. He should have been busting Vargas' tail in October and November to get him at least serviceable this season instead of relying on Kanter being eligble.
HawksRule Wrote:One day me and you will agree on something, but I don't think it will ever be during a basketball season.
1. This one is from you after the Ole Miss loss
Before the excuse posts start, answer this: How could we make ZERO adjustments to the Ball Screen on defense and where is this vaunter Dribble/Drive Offense.

Very poor adjustments, very poor!

2. From TheRealVille after the same game
I'm with Dusty on this one. They played like doo-doo, and Cal didn't coach like a coach should. That screen killed them. I'm a true UK supporter, but not when they play dumb*** ball. Those timeouts Cal took to the bus are not like ATT rollover minutes.

I'm good on my research I will find whatever is wanted:1:
There is your proof plus you and many others state Cal is not an X and O guy would you not say that being a good X and O guy make a good coach? Saying he isn't a good X and O guy is the same thing as saying he isn't a good coach.

I happen to make several other comments that you erred in adding to this post:popcorn:
2 words that need be said...

Darius Miller!!!!!
Jarons Wrote:How is Kanter being ineligible the NCAA's fault? He recieved too much money playing pro ball in Turkey. I believe that it is Calipari's fault that UK does not have the depth that they should have. He put all of his chickens into one basket hoping to get Kanter. He should have been busting Vargas' tail in October and November to get him at least serviceable this season instead of relying on Kanter being eligble.

Do you think any school that recruited Kanter knew he wouldn't be able to play? Probably not or no one would have went after him.
HawksRule Wrote:Do you think any school that recruited Kanter knew he wouldn't be able to play? Probably not or no one would have went after him.

So do you think the Kanter's were dishonest with all the schools in the very beginning? I'm not accusing, but asking a question. When he was asked if he was paid early on, his reply was "NO". Yet when the investigation came out, the answer was yes, but not more than what they thought they were allowed. I brought this up a long time ago about the Kanter's, but no one wanted to engage in the discussion. If they were dishonest, then they cared not about the schools they were courting.

http://www.straitpinkie.com/kentucky-2/e...ps-summit/

Another day, another report from Nike Hoops Summit practices by Draft Express. Today, they returned their focus to the World Select team and again said that Enes Kanter played very well:

Enes Kanter performed well once again, but wasn’t getting touches as frequently as he did during the first practice we saw. He knocked down the open looks he got in pick and pop situations and made the most of his opportunities.

Draft Express also conducted a short interview with Kanter in which he talked about his reasons for coming over and his chances of becoming immediately eligible:

DraftExpress: What caused you to leave Turkey to attend school in the United States?
Enes Kanter: My old team, Fenerbahce, wanted me to sign a six year contract. My dream has always been to play in the NBA, so I decided to leave.

DraftExpress: A lot has been made about the eligiblity of European players in the past year after the Deniz Kilicli situation. Will you be eligible immediately next season?
Enes Kanter: Yes, definitely.

[COLOR="Red"]DraftExpress: The biggest obstacle to making that jump often revolves around money paid to players before making the jump. Were you paid during your time with Fenerbahce?
Enes Kanter: No, I don’t know anything about that
.[/COLOR]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:[Image: dead_horse.gif]

Good point.
Pages: 1 2