Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cal wants Wildcats to stop making excuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Kentucky is running out of time, and coach
John Calipari says it's time for his players to run out of excuses.
The 22nd-ranked Wildcats (19-8, 7-6 Southeastern Conference)
host surging No. 13 Florida (22-5, 11-2) on Saturday reeling from
another tough loss on the road.

Kentucky fell to Arkansas by a point in overtime on Wednesday, a
loss that dropped the Wildcats to 1-6 away from Rupp Arena in
league play. Calipari says he still likes his team but his players
make too many excuses.

He believes Kentucky's problems stem from a lack of maturity and
not enough effort in key situations. Calipari pointed to Arkansas'
five offensive rebounds in the final moments on Wednesday, second
chances they converted into a resume-building win.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/Cal...42233.html
Alot of coaches will try to deflect all the blame away from the players and will blame themselves for loses. I have never heard Cal take any responsibility for any lose and was just wondering if anybody else has?
sstack Wrote:Alot of coaches will try to deflect all the blame away from the players and will blame themselves for loses. I have never heard Cal take any responsibility for any lose and was just wondering if anybody else has?

No one would believe him in Kentucky if he said such words would they?Smile
sstack Wrote:Alot of coaches will try to deflect all the blame away from the players and will blame themselves for loses. I have never heard Cal take any responsibility for any lose and was just wondering if anybody else has?

Harrelson slipped his screen and was wide open under the basket with a direct pass from Liggins and Liggins gave it to a covered up Knight.

I dont think he really deserves the blame.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Harrelson slipped his screen and was wide open under the basket with a direct pass from Liggins and Liggins gave it to a covered up Knight.

I dont think he really deserves the blame.

That is just one play, what about players not knowing how many TO's are left and to call one late in the game if they have picked up their dribble and have no one to pass it to. At the end of many games this year, the cats have looked lost and it is the coaches job to call TO's and calm them down and call the plays. I am also talking about the whole season and not just one game. And my point is, alot of coaches will take the blame, even though it is the players fault. These coaches are trying to deflect the blame from the players and take pressure off them. Cal seems to always publicly blame the players and I have never heard him ever take any responsibility for mistakes.
sstack Wrote:That is just one play, what about players not knowing how many TO's are left and to call one late in the game if they have picked up their dribble and have no one to pass it to. At the end of many games this year, the cats have looked lost and it is the coaches job to call TO's and calm them down and call the plays. I am also talking about the whole season and not just one game. And my point is, alot of coaches will take the blame, even though it is the players fault. These coaches are trying to deflect the blame from the players and take pressure off them. Cal seems to always publicly blame the players and I have never heard him ever take any responsibility for mistakes.

I'm not for sure if he has.

the way i see it is, cal cant get that rebound we need, that stop we need, that turnover we need, the basket we need. He can only tell them to do something. And you clearly seen with the game where liggins didnt pass the ball to harrelson their not listening to him.
I haven't. I don't think that Calipari is that kind of man.
Its cal being cal he tries to make everyone step up and by calling them out it makes them mad and the play harder the next game but the guys haven't responded yet! I know whenever I play sports and my coach is liek WTF are you doing and you're being a pushover I know that I tried to give more effort. All of this is a product of having kids and not matured ball players or players who demonstrates leadership.
Besides the fans, what players are making excuses?
Aslan Wrote:Besides the fans, what players are making excuses?

They MUST be, because I don't think Cal would make something like that up:popcorn: