Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Questioning a Coach decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why would a coach ask for her team to not be judged during districts? As hard as those teams work and then not allow them to compete. I don't understand the logic. Was this a decision made by consenus of the team or was this decision made by an unreasonable coach. This would be the same as asking a basketball team to forfeit a game at districts. ????
I'd like to know why a coach would lie to another coach about the rules!
Bubbles Wrote:Why would a coach ask for her team to not be judged during districts? As hard as those teams work and then not allow them to compete. I don't understand the logic. Was this a decision made by consenus of the team or was this decision made by an unreasonable coach. This would be the same as asking a basketball team to forfeit a game at districts. ????

I know what you are talking about, and the fact that this is brought up on this site is ridiculous because it's not a big deal. Not even a little deal! This post was only made as a jab to another squad. Maybe it's because of extremely recent injuries, causing everything to have to be changed. Maybe the girls wanted to have fun cheering for their team, rather than the pressure of being perfect for a judge. Who knows, and who cares? I remember cheering the first night of districts and it definitely wasn't as fun as the other nights because of the pressure. I graduated from SC and I coach at another school, and speaking as a coach, we make the decisions that we have to that are best for our squad, and we shouldn't have to answer to anyone other than our school officials and team, and especially not to someone from a different school!
^ You tell'em coach!
Ditto coach! I am seriously thinking about the same thing happening with my daughters squad this year due to some very recent issues. I hope the rumors aren't true but I also remember a disastrous routine we had last year when we lost two right before walking on the mat. It was scary and unnecessary for us to even go out with no idea what we were doing.