Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Arkansas 77 - (22) Kentucky 76 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final From Fayetteville/OT
WE MISSED HARRELSON. BUT THEY GRABBED KNIGHT TO STEAL THE BAll.
Dam, another road loss. I know only 1.8 secs but I believe we could drawn up something better than that last play. Why not throw it up around to the goal to Jones or Harrellson?
Officially hate all officials.
lol
I just dont see how they can call that play on liggens, call him for a T. But then allow knights arm to get ripped off at the end of the game.
I'm so sick of Terrance Jones just standing around like someone is going to do something for him. He should've kept his promise to Washington instead of calling Coach Cal crying like a little ***** the next day.

This is pathetic. We didn't become the best program on earth by losing to crappy teams like this and not being able to play on the road.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Officially hate all officials.
WK, it should have never come down to a last second shot, or overtime. We should have beat them by 15.
Tough loss. I was impressed with Knights play. He looked very good. He's reminding me of Wall from last season, where Wall played great at the beginning of the season, went flat in the middle and dominated at the end. Knight is looking that good.

Defense was not bad, but my hats off the the Razorbacks. They never backed down at all. The pushed the Cats and never backed down when the Cats would take the lead.

Even though Jones did not score much, he was always moving.

Key to the game at the end was Liggins. If Liggins holds his ground, he draws a charge. Instead his body was moving towards the basket instead of holding his ground. That would have won the game for the Cats, but I'm not blaming Liggins, it's tough play for a defender.

Same old same old - over ten seconds and you don't call a timeout to set up a play during regulation. But, why expect things to change. Just because other teams will do that, I guess we should not expect ours to.
Woo Hoo, another nail in Cal's coffin.
TheRealVille Wrote:WK, it should have never come down to a last second shot, or overtime. We should have beat them by 15.

But it did, And they missed the call as usual.
Stardust Wrote:Tough loss. I was impressed with Knights play. He looked very good. He's reminding me of Wall from last season, where Wall played great at the beginning of the season, went flat in the middle and dominated at the end. Knight is looking that good.

Defense was not bad, but my hats off the the Razorbacks. They never backed down at all. The pushed the Cats and never backed down when the Cats would take the lead.

Key to the game at the end was Liggins. If Liggins holds his ground, he draws a charge. Instead his body was moving towards the basket instead of holding his ground. That would have won the game for the Cats, but I'm not blaming Liggins, it's tough play for a defender.

Same old same old - over ten seconds and you don't call a timeout to set up a play during regulation. But, why expect things to change. Just because other teams will do that, I guess we should not expect ours to.
:Thumbs:
This game should never have been this close.... So frustrating. I know that the refs were unbelieveable tonight but oh my goodness this team has some major breakdowns at the worst times. I can not believe some of those defensive possessions, getting beat off the dribble, getting beat on the boards, getting beat on hustle plays..... ARGHHHHHHHH This team has so much potential but it looks like they will never have that breakthorough. Rough loss, especially when you had 15 secs to separate a potential 3 point lead and a 1 point deficeit. .... and yes Knight's arm was hooked explaining the insane trajectory that the ball took.
Yes your right guys. It was cals fault we missed 5 game winning shots. And had are dignity ripped away like knights arm.
The whining about officiating is boring! Losers will whine, winners will accept that plays on both sides of the ball are either missed or called too tightly. Bottom-lin, UK should never have had a chance to win at the end of OT, because Harrelson should have been called for over-the-back.

I have never ever lost a game either playing or coaching because of the referee. As said before, if it came down to the refs missing a call, what was your team doing the rest of the 39 minutes!

It's old!
Stardust Wrote:The whining about officiating is boring! Losers will whine, winners will accept that plays on both sides of the ball are either missed or called too tightly. Bottom-lin, UK should never have had a chance to win at the end of OT, because Harrelson should have been called for over-the-back.

I have never ever lost a game either playing or coaching because of the referee. As said before, if it came down to the refs missing a call, what was your team doing the rest of the 39 minutes!

It's old!

:worthy:.....Come on bro, maybe the refs did miss that call on Knight but as stated before it shouldn't have came down to that play.
Stardust Wrote:Tough loss. I was impressed with Knights play. He looked very good. He's reminding me of Wall from last season, where Wall played great at the beginning of the season, went flat in the middle and dominated at the end. Knight is looking that good.

I guess you are right, do not expect it to change. It was obvious the cats were rattled in the last 45 seconds; coach should have used time outs to calm them down and set up plays. the turnover at the end (can't remember who it was) was uncalled for; he picked up his dribble and threw it away instead of just using one of the 3 time outs left. I know you say do not blame Cal, but an earlier time out and he could remind his players about such situations. To be honest, I was surprised he called a time out with 15 seconds left. This is a young team that gets rattled late in close games; all the more reason to use your time outs.
sstack Wrote:I guess you are right, do not expect it to change. It was obvious the cats were rattled in the last 45 seconds; coach should have used time outs to calm them down and set up plays. the turnover at the end (can't remember who it was) was uncalled for; he picked up his dribble and threw it away instead of just using one of the 3 time outs left. I know you say do not blame Cal, but an earlier time out and he could remind his players about such situations. To be honest, I was surprised he called a time out with 15 seconds left. This is a young team that gets rattled late in close games; all the more reason to use your time outs.

It wasn't me who said that :igiveup:
Woo Pig Sooie! Absolutely huge win for the Hogs.
Sadly....
I was wrong about this one.
I said Backs by 2....
and they won by one
Stardust Wrote:It wasn't me who said that :igiveup:

Did not mean you, but all the Cal lovers who are going to really call me out on this. I know how you feel about him.:biggrin:
zaga_fan Wrote:Sadly....
I was wrong about this one.
I said Backs by 2....
and they won by one

Alright, even as distraught as I am, I had to smile at this one.:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:The whining about officiating is boring! Losers will whine, winners will accept that plays on both sides of the ball are either missed or called too tightly. Bottom-lin, UK should never have had a chance to win at the end of OT, because Harrelson should have been called for over-the-back.

It's old!

:Thumbs:
Im just going to listen to Pat Benatar and Work on some Desktop computers.
UK is almost incapable of winning on the road. They're just simply a below average road team. All in all, their not that good. Perfect opportunity to tie Vandy for the 2 seed and the Cats just couldn't pull through. What was that last play? Throw the ball to Knight in the corner and make him shoot a fade away over two defenders. Jimmy Dykes could have drew up a better play than that.
BTW, I felt like I was watching an NBA game, with all the continuation and one plays.
Aslan Wrote:UK is almost incapable of winning on the road. They're just simply a below average road team. All in all, their not that good. Perfect opportunity to tie Vandy for the 2 seed and the Cats just couldn't pull through. What was that last play? Throw the ball to Knight in the corner and make him shoot a fade away over two defenders. Jimmy Dykes could have drew up a better play than that.
BTW, I felt like I was watching an NBA game, with all the continuation and one plays.

Had liggens held on to the ball he had harrelson wide open.

Did u like the foul on liggens when he got teeeeed up?
Aslan Wrote:UK is almost incapable of winning on the road. They're just simply a below average road team. All in all, their not that good. Perfect opportunity to tie Vandy for the 2 seed and the Cats just couldn't pull through. What was that last play? Throw the ball to Knight in the corner and make him shoot a fade away over two defenders.

At least Jimmy Dykes would have drawn up a playConfusedhh:
Stardust Wrote:At least Jimmy Dykes would have drawn up a playConfusedhh:

You know he did call a timeout right? Right after they stole the ball from knight arm.
:lmao:
Pages: 1 2 3