Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can we win in the tourney?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since its not really a road game and we are 3-1 on neutral court... COUNTING THE NOTRE DAME GAME.... can we pull of some wins in the tourney?? We are sure to have more fans than anyone else there?
Of course UK can win in the tourney. If they get the right draw and a couple of lucky bounces, they could go deep into the tourney.
I think they can. I believe they can be an Elite 8 team or better if Miller or Liggins steps up and becomes an everyday leader, in practice, games, lunch, dorms, etc... They are talented, experienced and I believe people would listen.
IMO Elite 8 and Sweet 16 aren't that far away.
I agree. I think we'll for sure make it to the Sweet 16. This team just looks like the kind of sneaky team that could get a few upsets and end up in the Elite 8 or Final 4 before ya know it..
The win against ND was basically a home game, they even painted Freedom Hall Kentucky blue, lol. Nonetheless, technically it still was played on a neutral site.
It all depends on match ups, can't really make a prediction until we see the brackets. Another thing that has to be taken into consideration is our lack of depth. The games are played every other day, so not long for our top 6 to rest, and fatigue will play a factor.
In other news, anyone watching the UofL game and hear the announcers talk about Elisha Justice for a good 3-4 min? Thought that was pretty cool.
Yea they can win. i believe they can make it deep into the Tourney. Hopefully We Bring The Title Back To Lexington :biggrin:
If they play like they can, I see a for sure sweet 16.
If Butler can do it, then I'm sure Kentucky can.

This team has yet to put a complete game together and if they can peak here before the tourney's begin then it'll be hard to knock these Cats off.
I asked my magic 8 ball and it said yes, but five minutes later I asked it again and it said no...
I hope that I am wrong but I just don't see this team making it past the second round. They are not likely to get a very good seed, so every team that they face will be capable of beating them. On a good night, the Cats' are capable of beating anybody but I don't think that they are capable of putting together a string of great games. They are too young and the bench is too short this season.
I see UK getting a 6 or a 7 seed, winning the first round, and getting knocked out in the second round.
Kentucky can definitely win the tournament. Like others have said, it's all about the draw and how match up with the teams we face.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I asked my magic 8 ball and it said yes, but five minutes later I asked it again and it said no...
That's pretty much the way the season has been for UK. :Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I see UK getting a 6 or a 7 seed, winning the first round, and getting knocked out in the second round.

Joe Lunardi currently has UK at a 5 seed. Imo well be a 4 seed when selection Sunday rolls around, a 3 at best. If we win out & if win the SEC tournament, UK has a possible shot at a 2. A lot of ifs, lol.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Butler can do it, then I'm sure Kentucky can.

This team has yet to put a complete game together and if they can peak here before the tourney's begin then it'll be hard to knock these Cats off.

:Thumbs:
Kentucky could really help themselves with a Tournament championship. And a Duke Schedule in the tournament.
The first couple of games will be very winnable.
but from the Sweet 16 on is where the fatigue will set in.
Harrellson will need to be consistently play well and Miller can't dissappear.
But they are as capable of winning as anyone.
So much luck goes into it. I think that we should be a team that NO ONE will want to play in the tourney but then again they have not pulled out the close games. So the tourney can be one big overachievement or a continuation of these low points in the season.
Jarons Wrote:Of course UK can win in the tourney. If they get the right draw and a couple of lucky bounces, they could go deep into the tourney.

agree 100 percent