Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Google Chrome or Internet Explorer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I Love Using Internet Explorer but there's times i have to use Google Chrome

which one do you like the most and use?
Google Chrome by a long shot.
I like Firefox the best, but if I had to choose between Internet Explorer and Google Chrome I would choose Google Chrome.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Google Chrome by a long shot.
:Thumbs: It's not even a close call. We are only allowed to install Internet Explorer 7 on our computers at work but I almost never use it at home. I like Firefox but Chrome is much faster.

I applied for a free Google Chrome notebook last week. I am not likely to get one, but the Chief Warrant Officer who is our development team's Project Officer has a friend who was given one recently.

I already have a laptop and a netbook running XP, a laptop running Ubuntu, and a desktop Windows 7 64-bit. A Chrome notebook would just leave short a MacBook to complete my collection. I run Chrome on all of them, including Ubuntu and my bookmarks are synched on all of them.

Google could put a big dent in Microsoft's sales if Chrome notebooks take off and I expect that's what will happen.
google Chrome notebook?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:google Chrome notebook?
This is what I applied for: Google Cr-48 Notebook With Chrome Operating System. I have not received a response from Google yet and I think maybe I applied for the pilot program too late. Here is a link to the application: Test drive a Chrome notebook.

Google plans to give away the Chrome OS, which will initially be limited to a small number of applications like the Chrome web browser and Google Apps. That should lead to some dirt-cheap netbooks for web browsing.
is it free to download/apply or does it cost?
Strikeout King Wrote:is it free to download/apply or does it cost?
Google Chrome the browser is free to download. The Chrome browser is available for Mac OS X 10.5 or later, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Linux (it is called "Chromium" on Linux).

(I think that the Chrome operating system is still in beta testing.)
FireFox is what I like.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is what I applied for: Google Cr-48 Notebook With Chrome Operating System. I have not received a response from Google yet and I think maybe I applied for the pilot program too late. Here is a link to the application: Test drive a Chrome notebook.

Google plans to give away the Chrome OS, which will initially be limited to a small number of applications like the Chrome web browser and Google Apps. That should lead to some dirt-cheap netbooks for web browsing.

Sounds amazing. Google will soon rule the computer world.
I just downloaded Google Chrome. VERY FAST! I have a 5-year old Laptop and it runs much smoother with Chrome.
LWC Wrote:I just downloaded Google Chrome. VERY FAST! I have a 5-year old Laptop and it runs much smoother with Chrome.

It is. Explorer worries about style, toolbars and things people looking for speed could care less about.

Chrome is just simple and fast. And now has many extensions to go with it.
what's the Google Chrome Notebook?
Neither. Mozilla Firefox..

Hoot, how much faster would you say Chrome is than Firefox? I'm kind of afraid to download another browser, so I have to know it's faster before I'd download it.
vundy33 Wrote:Neither. Mozilla Firefox..

Hoot, how much faster would you say Chrome is than Firefox? I'm kind of afraid to download another browser, so I have to know it's faster before I'd download it.
It's definitely faster but you might need a stopwatch to measure the difference. I like Firefox too and both are much faster than IE. Here is a comparison of the major browsers: Browsers Comparison, Google Chrome Leads.
Thanks brother.
Chrome is the only way to go.
Like vundy, I'm a Firefox user. It's very consistent and I have never had a problem with it
I love Google Chrome.
I started using Google Chrome 2 days ago. And I've loved it so far!
I use Firefox. Never tried Chrome but Explorer sucks balls.

Update: I have started using Chrome and it is ok. Doesn't suck like Explorer.
I like Firefox better than all but there are so many security holes with Firefox I cant use it at work.
Google chrome is my favorite.....
Google chromeeee
google chrome is better for me instead of IE

chrome is faster and so easiest to browse and surf
Chrome always...........
IE 10 isn't that bad, but you can only use it if you got Windows 8 and everyone is scared to try it. Google Chrome... I really don't get all the hype, I've tried it I like how simplistic its interface it is but I bleed Firefox, I think I will always be a fan of it.
Windows 8 is not bad at all, once you add a Start menu to it. Microsoft is finally admitting defeat with IE 10, which adheres to the WC3 standards as other major browsers have been doing for years.

I love Chrome, but I have had some memory issues with it using Windows 8 64-bit, so I have been using Safari and Firefox more recently. Still, it is nice to be able to use Chrome on Linux, Android, or Windows and have the bookmarks synched without resorting to any add-ins.
Our University recommends that we use IE but IMO it is horrible and doesn't work well with Blackboard.

I mainly use Firefox and it seems to perform a lot better than IE.
I use firefox. Have used google chrome
Pages: 1 2