Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steve Brown has interviewed for the defensive coordinator position at UCLA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reports: Kentucky football's Steve Brown interviews at UCLA

11:18 PM, Feb. 10, 2011 | 14Comments
TwitterFacebookShare
Del.icio.us Digg Reddit Facebook Twitter Newsvine Buzz up!FarkIt EmailPrintAAA
Written by
The Courier-Journal
Filed Under
Sports
Kentuckiana Colleges
University of Kentucky co-defensive coordinator Steve Brown has interviewed for the defensive coordinator position at UCLA, according to multiple media outlets.

The Los Angeles Times and The Orange County Register reported on Thursday that Brown spoke with the Bruins. According to The Orange County Register report, Brown could be hired in the next few days.
Brown has been on the UK staff since 2003 and has been defensive coordinator since 2007. He was hired by former coach Rich Brooks, who was Brown's college coach at Oregon.
In December, first-year coach Joker Phillips overhauled his coaching staff, hiring Rick Minter to serve as co-defensive coordinator with Brown.
i think alot of people will be happy if he gets it,lol
Good and I wish him luck trying to stop Oregon's offense.
who's better Brown or Minter? (I Know nothing about Minter)
Minter has better credintals and is a more up in your face type of coach. He is a coach that strongly focuses on taking away a teams passing game as seen I.E South Carolina under Holtz. I think anything is better than Brown however, the defense did not improve much in the month Minter was around so I am not sure what to expect SK.
But how long was Minter there compared to Brown?
Cya, been wanting to get rid of you for years!
Please don't let the door hit you on the way out... Is Rick Nueiheisl that desperate to hire a DC.. **** if so, I will apply for it...
Navajo4life Wrote:Please don't let the door hit you on the way out... Is Rick Nueiheisl that desperate to hire a DC.. **** if so, I will apply for it...

You would definitely be more qualified.
Glad he's going. Wish he was gone. Hope we get better on both sides of the ball. Sanders is spotty at best
Brown DID NOT get this job. It was given to someone else today.

Now Joker has some thinking to do...
^^^Well that sucks. Hopefully he will find another job somewhere else, and soon.
3wishes Wrote:Brown DID NOT get this job. It was given to someone else today.

Now Joker has some thinking to do...

Brown should try taking over a decent middle school team somewhere
Hopefully Joker uses his head and doesn't listen to daddy brooks
I agree that he could have done a much better job at UK but come on people if you are coaching division 1 football you can coach. Period. Sometimes things don't work out for these guys in particular places but it does not mean he is not a good coach or that anybody on this board could do any better.
^^

Good post B4P, Couldn't agree any more.