Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Five future Wildcats named to McDonald's All-American Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Four of John Calipari's recruits have been named to the 2011 McDonald's All-American Game, played March 30 in Chicago.

Marquis Teague, Anthony Davis, Michael Gilchrist and Kyle Wiltjer will give the Wildcats a total of 34 McDonald’s All-Americans all-time, which is third among colleges.

It marks just the second time one school has signed four after North Carolina did it in 2009 with John Henson, Dexter Strickland and David and Travis Wear.

UK women’s signee Bria Goss also has been named to the McDonald's All-American girls' team. She will be the second consecutive McDonald’s All-American signed by Matthew Mitchell.

Rockcastle County senior Sarah Hammond is the first female from the state of Kentucky and first U of L women’s signee named a McDonald’s All-American.

Bowling Green's Chane Behanan also was selected to play in the boys' game. Behanan has signed to play at Louisville.
I hate having one and done players like these. :biggrin:
Benchwarmer Wrote:I hate having one and done players like these. :biggrin:

:Clap:
We all know Cal is the king of recruiting, but how about Matthew Mitchell? He's done an outstanding job at bringing great players in at Kentucky.
didnt think they was supposed to announce it until 2/10/11, thats what jonesboro sun said today here in arkansas, because theres 2 players here in jonesboro and 3 in the area that might be on the team...
cuppett777 Wrote:didnt think they was supposed to announce it until 2/10/11, thats what jonesboro sun said today here in arkansas, because theres 2 players here in jonesboro and 3 in the area that might be on the team...

Today is 2/10. LOL.
Another good stat for UK.
If we can get a couple of this years guys to stay we may have a chance next year.
I expect Jones and Knight to go but who knows.
Maybe calipari isnt starting lamb to hurt his draft option lol.
If all of these guys come to UK and start along with a knight or jones staying, what does that do for Miller and Liggins?
looks like they could pull a perry stevenson and ramon harris there senior year.
Wow! I love it! As I said in another thread congrats to Sara as well.
Congratulations!
How many kids get to actually play in this game?
Around 24, maybe?
This is really cool!
This is great. If we can keep Terrance Jones and Brandon Knight we will have a deep bench, which we also be very talented. But like D. Vitale said you can't win a championship with just 1 and dones. Ligins will definatly be in the rotation next year, he is a great defender but not so much on offense.

:bball:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Today is 2/10. LOL.

i meant 2/11/11 sorry, i heard this morning they came out early..
outdoorsman43 Wrote:We all know Cal is the king of recruiting, but how about Matthew Mitchell? He's done an outstanding job at bringing great players in at Kentucky.

Maybe he could start doing the X's & O's too!:biggrin: