Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida 70 - (11) Kentucky 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

IF Kentucky Don't Get Things Turned Around They Won't Make The NCAA Tournament
Why didn't UK call a TO on the last possesion to set up a play?
Jarons Wrote:Why didn't UK call a TO on the last possesion to set up a play?
Cal either sells them, or thinks they rollover.
^I completely agree. I hate watching them play basketball.
The last 10 minutes of the game is nothing but Knight and Jones forcing up bad shots. They have to get everyone involved in the offense or they won't win another **** game.
Jarons Wrote:Why didn't UK call a TO on the last possesion to set up a play?

It was a perfect play. It had worked all night. The 2 man game with jones and knight. He got an open 3 and missed it.
TheRealVille Wrote:Cal either sells them, or thinks they rollover.

:thatsfunn
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:^I completely agree. I hate watching them play basketball.
The last 10 minutes of the game is nothing but Knight and Jones forcing up bad shots. They have to get everyone involved in the offense or they won't win another **** game.

Knight and jones forcing up bad shots????????

THERE THE ONLY 2 THAT DECIDED THEY WANTED TO PLAY.

Lamb had a hangover or something. We would have lost by 30 if lamb and knight tried to get others involved.
:lmao:

sUcK is not paying Paypal Cal all that money to be 4-4 in the $EZ Least.
How many times does Jones get the ball inside and either get blocked or throw one off the side of the backboard???????
Knight and Jones are the only ones touching the ball. At least work the ball through everyone's hands so it isn't just two people the whole ****ing game
People are being too hard on this team. It is very young, no inside game, and no bench, but are still playing pretty good ball. Most of their loses are by 2-4 pts. Let's not forget this is a huge rebuilding year, and if we can keep some of these players around with the guys we have coming next year, look out!
I would like to Jones stop taking so many three's and more hustle on rebounding though.
Cal rolled over some more timeouts. It's the same every time when it this tight. Halfcourt,timeout, reset. What doesn't he get about that? They freshman kids are forcing some bad shot, but at least they are stepping up. Without Jones and Knight, UK would be at the bottom of the totem pole right now. I've really tried to think Cal is a good coach, but he is making me wonder.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:^I completely agree. I hate watching them play basketball.

Hate to break it to you, but Knight and Jones were the only reason we got back into the game. Everyone else contributed merely zero.
People seem to forget that we have very little inside presence and that will kill us in the SEC.
The reason no one else can contribute is because Cal just runs the offense through those two...its too predictable, and with Knight turning the ball over 4-6 times a game, too easy to stop.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::lmao:

We are....

Enough said.
Glad I got a refund on my SEC tourney trip. That would have been 1700.00 bucks shot up a wild hog's butt.
How many times a game does Chandler Parsons come in from the arch untouched when a shot is fired? When I saw it live, I thought there was no question he should have been blocked out. But when you see the replay, you see there is nothing you can do about it.

I'd like to watch a few more Florida games all the way through just to see how many times the kid does this. Smart player.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::lmao:

^ I swear this guy watches more Kentucky games than a Kentucky fan just to log on here and let everyone know about "Paypal Cal" and how bad UK sucks and how "Cal has payed 'em all!"

Paypal Cal? I mean, what the **** is that?

Just stick to your booze-riddled coach Huggins and his 3-star recruits from Logan WV that can't even handle "little brother" Marshall.

What? You beat us to go to the Final Four last year? Wow. Once every fifty years (literally, you really have been to two Final Fours in fifty years).

Thanks for Jerry West. That's about it.

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.
TheRealVille Wrote:Cal rolled over some more timeouts. It's the same every time when it this tight. Halfcourt,timeout, reset. What doesn't he get about that? They freshman kids are forcing some bad shot, but at least they are stepping up. Without Jones and Knight, UK would be at the bottom of the totem pole right now. I've really tried to think Cal is a good coach, but he is making me wonder.

How is it cals fault? Seriously? I don't understand how people lay every game on him. Critics lay more games on Cal then i lay on the Refs.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How is it cals fault? Seriously? I don't understand how people lay every game on him. Critics lay more games on Cal then i lay on the Refs.
He is just an average coach Wildcat. He loses every close game by not using those timeouts at the end and resetting. This makes the 3rd game he has lost in the SEC by not calling the timeout after they ball was got to halfcourt, so they could reset and make a play. All 3 games they have made it across, and then looked lost on what to do. That completely falls on Cals shoulders, by not calling the timeout and telling them the play to do. He is the fault for those 3 SEC losses. The 4th one I can't remember what happened, so I can't speculate on that one. Cal is a great recruiter and an average coach, that is just facts.
TheRealVille Wrote:He is just an average coach Wildcat. He loses every close game by not using those timeouts at the end and resetting. This makes the 3rd game he has lost in the SEC by not calling the timeout after they ball was got to halfcourt, so they could reset and make a play. All 3 games they have made it across, and then looked lost on what to do. That completely falls on Cals shoulders, by not calling the timeout and telling them the play to do. He is the fault for those 3 SEC losses. The 4th one I can't remember what happened, so I can't speculate on that one. Cal is a great recruiter and an average coach, that is just facts.

Wow, really. Im lost for words. We had an excellent look tonight for a game winner. Coundn't have asked for a better shot. The hot man shot it and missed.

First everyone blamed harrellson, now there blaming cal. i wonder if they start routing for someone else....
TheRealVille Wrote:He is just an average coach Wildcat. He loses every close game by not using those timeouts at the end and resetting. This makes the 3rd game he has lost in the SEC by not calling the timeout after they ball was got to halfcourt, so they could reset and make a play. All 3 games they have made it across, and then looked lost on what to do. That completely falls on Cals shoulders, by not calling the timeout and telling them the play to do. He is the fault for those 3 SEC losses. The 4th one I can't remember what happened, so I can't speculate on that one. Cal is a great recruiter and an average coach, that is just facts.

^:thatsfunn

Laughable, you act like calling a TO would be an automatic WIN...:ChairHit:

It is pretty easy to call a coach out and blame him for the loss and say he can't coach, however, you are not in practice and I can guarantee the guy coaches circles around other guys. You say he can't coach because he chooses not to call TO's on the last possession, that is very short sighted and ignorant. There is 10000 more variables into being a good coach other than calling a last second TO. Give off the bus or quit complaing and for all the poeple who are sick of watching this team, CYA.

WAY TOO MANY NEGATIVE NELLIES!

There is a difference in voicing an opinion and acting like you know more than someone who makes a career in it.
3wishes Wrote:^:thatsfunn

It is pretty easy to call a coach out and blame him for the loss and say he can't coach, however, you are not in practice and I can guarantee the guy coaches circles around other guys. You say he can't coach because he chooses not to call TO's on the last possession, that is very short sighted and ignorant. There is 10000 more variables into being a good coach other than calling a last second TO. Give off the bus or quit complaing and for all the poeple who are sick of watching this team, CYA.

There is a difference in voicing an opinion and acting like you know more than someone who makes a career in it.
No not an automatic win, but it would assure there was a play to try, and that everybody was on the same page. That's where the loss falls on his shoulders. You don't know much about ball if you can't see that he needed to timeout and call a play. Watch a 100 close games like that and see how many coaches setup a last 3-4 second play.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wow, really. Im lost for words. We had an excellent look tonight for a game winner. Coundn't have asked for a better shot. The hot man shot it and missed.

First everyone blamed harrellson, now there blaming cal. i wonder if they start routing for someone else....
You don't think taking it to the rim would have been a better shot?

Edit: I said it in the other thread, that #25 for FL looked good tonight. He impressed me.
On a positive note (if there is one): I thought Eloy Vargas had his best game tonight. He provided solid minutes and played great post defense what time he was on the court.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:^ I swear this guy watches more Kentucky games than a Kentucky fan just to log on here and let everyone know about "Paypal Cal" and how bad UK sucks and how "Cal has payed 'em all!"

Paypal Cal? I mean, what the **** is that?

Just stick to your booze-riddled coach Huggins and his 3-star recruits from Logan WV that can't even handle "little brother" Marshall.

What? You beat us to go to the Final Four last year? Wow. Once every fifty years (literally, you really have been to two Final Fours in fifty years).

Thanks for Jerry West. That's about it.

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

Bob Huggins is 8-1 all time over Paypal Cal.:1:

:dontthink As far as drunk coaches is concerned, look no further than Billy Clyde and Eddie Sutton. Pot meet kettle!!!!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Bob Huggins is 8-1 all time over Paypal Cal.:1:

:dontthink As far as drunk coaches is concerned, look no further than Billy Clyde and Eddie Sutton. Pot meet kettle!!!!

From the ignorant and irrelevant post you put on here you make yourself appear youve had one to many a lot of times.

As for UK, you cant really blame Cal for going to those two the majority of the time. Other than lamb, who should be starting over miller or liggins, the rest of uk's players are just pure awful. Cal gives polson a shot tonight and he looked like a 6th grader, guy just wont ever get to play for uk and thats final, along with hood who is a little better than polson, but still sucks horribly. Vargas is something else. I never thought id see someone worse than harrellson at uk, but this guy makes harrellson look like a 5 time nba mvp.
So youre pretty much left with 3 freshman who got thrown into an sec atmosphere this year that they were not ready for. It shows when uk plays on the road. I to believe if we dont turn things around its possible we could miss the tourney. If we lose both games to tenn and vandy and lose to fla at home, it could definitely happen.
But with all that said, you have a freshman team thats lost 4 games by two points which is not that bad. The bad part is knight and jones will move on to the nba next year and we will be doing the same thing next year. Hopefully we can get a couple of these guys to stay with next years incoming class. now that may be a team.
TheRealVille Wrote:You don't think taking it to the rim would have been a better shot?

Edit: I said it in the other thread, that #25 for FL looked good tonight. He impressed me.

I just got through the thread. Your comments are dead-on, and too often people put their BLUE BLINDERS on and cannot see the obvious things that are in front of them because they don't want to.

For Cal to, as you said, roll over TO's, is not excusable! This team is Young. This team is inexperienced! This team is not as talented! So the use of those timeouts are CRITICAL! And that is 100% the coach, no if's, ands or buts about it. I've preached since Cal was at UMass that he is not an X's and O's coach, and he has not proved me wrong since.

I'm not saying that Cal is the only reason why this team lost, but he gets much of the blame. It's not excusable for UK to have as many OFF nights as they have on the road. Road teams are prepared and mentally tough, neither of which that I have seen. To only have two guys step up means that the rest of the team was not motivated enough to get themselves prepared to help this team.

For positives: Knight is beginning to find a groove (again). I am seeing Wall-like moves more frequently. This young man is beginning to show why he was one of the top three guards in HS last year. Lamb is an NBA player right now. I've seen a lot of starting 2's in the NBA right now that are not as good as he is. This kid is tough. He does not always play great, but he plays inspired.

This team should beat Florida at home. Though I hate knocking the other team because it just makes our team look worse, in this case I have to say that I a was not impressed with Florida. The Cats are considerably more talented than the Gators. I do not see the Gators as an elite team outside of the SEC.
3wishes Wrote:^:thatsfunn

Those who make a career in it are supposed to say things like they "Know" what their talking about! In most cases it's only for an agenda! Anyone's comments on here are fair game, it's an opinion forum. Your opinion is appreciated just as much as anyone elses. Leave the Personal comments about other members out of the threads.
Pages: 1 2