Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Signing Day Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most of UK's commits have faxed their LOI's in so far.

Rumors are swirling that Alabama commit will sign with Kentucky this afternoon.

Jon Davis to announce at 1:30 PM

Bubba Tandy will announce at 3:30 PM
New Orleans duel-threat quarterback, Theltus Cobbins has signed with UK.
16 have signed for UK thus far.
any word on davis?
goscots56 Wrote:any word on davis?

Illinois. 2- 4 star recruits lost today. Great to be a UK football fan.
Current Bama WR Commit Daryl Collins will be a Wildcat later today.
Collins had offers from Alabama, Auburn, USC, and many more big-time football programs.
Complete list of players committed to Kentucky:

**** Glenn Faulkner (S) IL
**** Darrian Miller (OL) KY
*** Daylen Hall (CB) KY
*** Max Smith (QB) CA
*** Jabari Johnson (LB) GA
*** Christian Coleman (DL) TN
*** Theltus Cobbins (QB) LA
*** Nile Daniel (WR) GA
*** Ashley Lowery (S) GA
*** Zach West (OL) KY
*** Rashad Cunningham (WR) AL
*** Shaq Love (DT) TN
*** David Washington (DT) GA
*** Eric Dixon (CB) AL
*** Demarco Robinson (WR) GA
*** Josh Clemons (RB) GA
*** Marcus Caffey (RB) GA
*** Farrington Huguenin (DE) SC
*** Darrell Warren (LB) TN
*** Alvin Dupree (TE) GA
*** Demarius Rancifer (LB)
*** James Elliott (OL) FL
*** Josh Forrest (ATH) KY
*** Bubba Tandy (ATH) KY
*** Daryl Collins (WR) AL

Updated as of 3:19 PM
Tandy and Collins appear to be the end of UK's class...
Looks like Jerrell Moore (Fern Creek) & Michael Fluellen (Seneca) are headed to UCF.
I wish Kentucky by a act of God get into the hunt for Clowney(sp). He is a animal at DE I know he isn't even interested in UK but I wish we could pull in guys like that.
I'm very disappointed Joker didn't get Dawson and Davis. Overall this is a disappointing class, imo.
Aslan Wrote:I'm very disappointed Joker didn't get Dawson and Davis. Overall this is a disappointing class, imo.

Don't get "disappointing class" and "disappointing finish" confused.

This still may very well be the best UK class in recent years.

1. UK landed the #2 and #3 RB's in the State of Georgia. Caffey had 4 other SEC offers and Clemmons was Georgia's #2 RB target if they did not get Crowell.
2. Daryl Collins had offers from Alabama, Auburn, FSU, LSU, Miami, Tennessee, and USC. He is the most heavily sought after WR prospect UK has landed in a long time.
3. Zach West chose UK over Tennessee, Arkansas, and Penn State.
4. Darrian Miller had offers Alabama and Tennessee before committing early. Had he not committed he could have had offers from numerous elite schools.
5. Glenn Faulkner is an Army All-American at a need position.
6. James Elliott was a Michigan commit and had 6 BCS level offers.
7. Demarius Rancifer had 8 BCS level offers.
8. David Washington was one of Miss State's top targets and they threw the kitchen sink at him to try to land him.
9. Demarco Robinson does not have a great offer sheet, but he set the GA single season receiving record against 5A competition in Atlanta. He was matched up with a D-1 prospect nearly every single week.
10. Rashad Cunningham had offers from Miss State and Arkansas.

Did Dawson and Davis hurt and was it a bad sign that Uk could not lock down the state's top two players? Definitely.

Did UK's misses on Poole, Lucien, etc ruin their chance sof a Top 25 class? Yes

But pound for pound this is the most balanced class UK has signed in a very long time.
I LOVE Collins offer sheet. Personally I put more stock in that then star ratings
I thought USC was limited to 15 Commitments this upcoming year? They have 30 commitment?
Benchwarmer Wrote:I thought USC was limited to 15 Commitments this upcoming year? They have 30 commitment?

Academic scholarships maybe?
This is a good class imo.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Looks like Jerrell Moore (Fern Creek) & Michael Fluellen (Seneca) are headed to UCF.

I really don't know why two Louisville kids would want to go to UCF and play in ConferenceUSA!?!

Have fun playing in the Liberty Bowl every other year.
goscots56 Wrote:I really don't know why two Louisville kids would want to go to UCF and play in ConferenceUSA!?!

Have fun playing in the Liberty Bowl every other year.

UCF supposedly was pitching that they will be in the Big East within 2 years.

Additionally, Orlando > Louisville
^^ True Story.
I am very excited about this class and I think it is the best overall class that we have signed since I have been a UK fan which was May 1st, 1986.
I'm pleased with the class, I'm glad we landed Collins and Tandy. I really wish Dawson would have came but I cant wait to see what these young men can do at the best level of footbal in college.
I'm very excited about this recruiting class.

Still though, I cannot believe Dawson spurned UK like he did.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I'm very excited about this recruiting class.

Still though, I cannot believe Dawson spurned UK like he did.

I smell "motivations" other than playing at probation riddled usc. But anyway this class is a huge step for joker give it a few years guys and UK football will be on its way.
Quaterback jacob russell from Anderson County is also walking on at UK. He will have to sit out one year
Big blue
Benchwarmer Wrote:I thought USC was limited to 15 Commitments this upcoming year? They have 30 commitment?

They had a lot of their commits either enroll early or grayshirt to beat the restrictions.