Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Are we as good as the 2009-2010 season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
John Calipari said "this team is much better then last year" But we have already lost more then last years season! I do not agree with it at all.
Talent wise - NO way!!!
Smarter wise - Yes

But as an overall team? Not to me we aren't!
John Calipari was lying.
^LOL, without a doubt!
probably to try to give some hope to the fans. We will probably go to the ncaa tourney. But not going very far at all. Unless we step it up big time. Or Enes Kanter is magicaly able to play! ha
Shoot better this season.
Yea. Brandon Knight is a way better shooter then John Wall. But not as fast. Also Doron Lamb
"I would rather have 5 1st round NBA Draft Picks than go to a Final Four." - John Calipari
We had a inside game last year. I believe if this team had Kanter or at least some kind of post presence we would fair a lot better. We also could use a deeper bench if teams start to take notice of putting us in foul trouble were screwed. We really have no one to step up when we get into trouble. Just pray that no one gets hurt.
Short answer, no.
This Kentucky team shoots the ball way better and executes alot better.

But they seriously lack the depth & size that last year's team had.
EJisBeast Wrote:John Calipari said "this team is much better then last year" But we have already lost more then last years season! I do not agree with it at all.

Are you sure Calipari said this? I've heard him make many comments over the year that this team does not have the depth or natural leaders that last years team did. If Cal really did make this comment, it was only because he was trying to give his current team confidence. But I honestly don't think I have heard him say this years team is better.
I'm pretty sure Cal said "Don't try to compare last years team to this one"....
Not remotely anything of what he said Dust..

We are not as good as last years team.. Anyone that thinks otherwise is smoking crack..
We can shoot a lot better this year, but last years team speaks for itself.
Stardust Wrote:Are you sure Calipari said this? I've heard him make many comments over the year that this team does not have the depth or natural leaders that last years team did. If Cal really did make this comment, it was only because he was trying to give his current team confidence. But I honestly don't think I have heard him say this years team is better.
yes i heard this on the news. In a interview.
EJisBeast Wrote:yes i heard this on the news. In a interview.

I just wonder if you misheard him. As Ballers said above, Cal has said from the very beginning that fans should NOT compare this team to last year. I can't imagine him ever saying this team is remotely as good as last years squad.
As of right now, this years UK team has accomplished the same thing as last year and every other team Calipari has coached. Nothing. We'll talk after the NCAA Tournament.
The way I understand it, he said this team executes better in the half-court set than last year's team. But concerning talent, nobody in their right mind would say this team is as good as last years.
This team isn't half the team that we had last year.
I'm really getting sick of this kind of stuff...
It seems like Cal gets crtitized by the UK fans more and more...
What I want to know is, if Cal wasn't the coach...
Who do we get to coach that could do a better job or even just as good job as he is/had done for UK thus far?
Ballers Wrote:I'm really getting sick of this kind of stuff...
Who do we get to coach that could do a better job or even just as good job as he is/had done for UK thus far?

I can't answer that, but I can give you a list of guys who would have guys like Hood, Polson, and the less known guys playing on the level of UK.
no
Real Badman Wrote:no

Nuh, uh, uh
one word posts will not be tolerated Confusedhh:
It is when you ask a yes or no question.
[quote=Ballers]I'm really getting sick of this kind of stuff...
Who do we get to coach that could do a better job or even just as good job as he is/had done for UK thus far?[/QUOTE]

Tom Izzo, Thad Motta, and Jay Wright
EJisBeast Wrote:John Calipari said "this team is much better then last year" But we have already lost more then last years season! I do not agree with it at all.

Coach Cal did not say we "were better". He said we "execute better" than last year's team.
Ballers Wrote:I'm really getting sick of this kind of stuff...

I ask this question to people all the time. I feel the exact same way.

Coach Cal may not be the greatest X's and O's coach in the country, but he still is a darn good one. I don't know how many times I've heard this week; "Coach Cal can't make adjustments." The Ole Miss loss is not totally on Cal. It's on the players. It's on the environment. It's on lack of experience. It's on a number of things.

On another note, I don't know how you can call Liggins and Harrellson "veterans". Harrellson has never even seen playing time until this year and Liggins hasn't played over 15 minutes per game until this season and now he is playing 30+. Miller is the closest thing we have to a veteran and I do agree he has the "experience" that we all talk about. Still, it's kind of foolish to say that this team has veterans.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I ask this question to people all the time. I feel the exact same way.

Coach Cal may not be the greatest X's and O's coach in the country, but he still is a darn good one. I don't know how many times I've heard this week; "Coach Cal can't make adjustments." The Ole Miss loss is not totally on Cal. It's on the players. It's on the environment. It's on lack of experience. It's on a number of things.

On another note, I don't know how you can call Liggins and Harrellson "veterans". Harrellson has never even seen playing time until this year and Liggins hasn't played over 15 minutes per game until this season and now he is playing 30+. Miller is the closest thing we have to a veteran and I do agree he has the "experience" that we all talk about. Still, it's kind of foolish to say that this team has veterans.

That was a great post I couldn't agree more. :Clap:
Not even close to last year. The Kanter ruling hurt UK in more than one way. Depth and lack of post presence. Heck it would have been huge if Orton had stayed another year, but that's just how it goes. I just hope all of these freshman don't try to jump to the league like last years.
Belfry0304 Wrote:As of right now, this years UK team has accomplished the same thing as last year and every other team Calipari has coached. Nothing. We'll talk after the NCAA Tournament.
What? I wouldn't say 37-3/ elite 8 last year is nothing.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Not even close to last year. The Kanter ruling hurt UK in more than one way. Depth and lack of post presence. Heck it would have been huge if Orton had stayed another year, but that's just how it goes. I just hope all of these freshman don't try to jump to the league like last years.

JD, I agree with you. The Cats put all of their eggs in the Kanter basket expecting him to carry the Cats and Harrelson be the back-up. That sounds good based on how we have seen Josh play at times this season, but Josh is only playing this well because he is the starter and is playing with the level of confidence knowing he will not be replaced. If Kanter was here, Josh would never have played the way he is now.
Pages: 1 2