Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mississippi 71 - (11) Kentucky 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before the excuse posts start, answer this: How could we make ZERO adjustments to the Ball Screen on defense and where is this vaunter Dribble/Drive Offense.

Very poor adjustments, very poor!

Finally - Where's Enes. That's the 2nd game I have not seen him with the Cats
I don't think Enes is allowed to go on the road with them.
UK sucks on the road...wait til they play UF, Vandy, etc.
Your blaming CAL? Thats worse than me blaming the refs. We was out hustled. And when we was hustling Darius decided to have a brain fart.
I'm not gonna make any excuse! Because the Cats just lost. Simple as that! We made a great run at the in but we need to be playing like that throughout the game. But I was VERY impressed by Knight, Lamb, and Jones. They played unlike freshman during the later stages of the game. But not having a bench killed us!!! Cal brung in Vargas for a little bit and got 0 production out of him and went back with his 6 man rotation. The Cats just lost this game. As simple as that!
I believe UK's goal is to try to give teams with no chance of making the dance a quality win.
I'm very disappointed in the Cats. Playing bad teams close gives them confidence, and there garbage can bite you in the end, like it did tonight.
playing on the road like this they wont go far in the NCAA tourney.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your blaming CAL? Thats worse than me blaming the refs. We was out hustled. And when we was hustling Darius decided to have a brain fart.

We had no answer for the Ball screen - NONE! We were 2o times the basketball team that we played tonight. Ole Miss created shot after shot from the ball screen, and we could do nothing to offset that. If not for Lamb single-handedly getting the Cats back in the game, this could have been a blowout!
I'm with Dusty on this one. They played like doo-doo, and Cal didn't coach like a coach should. That screen killed them. I'm a true UK supporter, but not when they play dumb*** ball. Those timeouts Cal took to the bus are not like ATT rollover minutes.
Aslan Wrote:I believe UK's goal is to try to give teams with no chance of making the dance a quality win.
I'm very disappointed in the Cats. Playing bad teams close gives them confidence, and there garbage can bite you in the end, like it did tonight.

We made no adjustments. The major adjustments made in the 2nd half was taking Harrelson out. When that didn't happen, we put the ball in Knights hands and had four other guys get out of his way. If that is what you do against an Ole Miss, what will happen when this team plays Tennessee and Florida?

It would be so easy to say we are not deep? And that's true, we are not deep. But what are we doing to get deep? This team has no choice but to get more athletes on the floor. How was this not an opportunity to put Poole in the game to match the little guard for Ole Miss?
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm with Dusty on this one. They played like doo-doo, and Cal didn't coach like a coach should. That screen killed them. I'm a true UK supporter, but not when they play dumb*** ball. Those timeouts Cal took to the bus are not like ATT rollover minutes.

I remember when we lost last year Cal took some Timeouts to the bus with him and he said he'd never do that again especially with a young team!
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm with Dusty on this one. They played like doo-doo, and Cal didn't coach like a coach should. That screen killed them. I'm a true UK supporter, but not when they play dumb*** ball. Those timeouts Cal took to the bus are not like ATT rollover minutes.

AWESOME catch and something that I did not even realize until you mentioned it. This game was so much like the South Carolina game from last year! Here we were with runs and no adjustments, yet we took no quality timeouts. WHY????
MisterPerfect Wrote:I remember when we lost last year Cal took some Timeouts to the bus with him and he said he'd never do that again especially with a young team!

Ditto:Thumbs:

But at least we can recruit:popcorn:
I don't understand that last play. Either make a baseball pass to the goal and have someone there, or go halfcourt, timeout, and readjust. On that play, they looked like they didn't have any plan at all.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't understand that last play. Either make a baseball pass to the goal and have someone there, or go halfcourt, timeout, and readjust.

Help me remember, who did we just lose to a few games ago on the EXACT same play attempt? I guess that is the teams only 2.1 second full-court end of the game play!
Stardust Wrote:Ditto:Thumbs:

But at least we can recruit:popcorn:

Recruiting can only take yiu so far.
^ Amen, something that I have been lauding for the past two seasons!
Stardust Wrote:Help me remember, who did we just lose to a few games ago on the EXACT same play attempt? I guess that is the teams only 2.1 second full-court end of the game play!
Yes we did Dusty, but I can't remember who it was against either.
Stardust Wrote:We made no adjustments. The major adjustments made in the 2nd half was taking Harrelson out. When that didn't happen, we put the ball in Knights hands and had four other guys get out of his way. If that is what you do against an Ole Miss, what will happen when this team plays Tennessee and Florida?

It would be so easy to say we are not deep? And that's true, we are not deep. But what are we doing to get deep? This team has no choice but to get more athletes on the floor. How was this not an opportunity to put Poole in the game to match the little guard for Ole Miss?

I'm not disagreeing with you. We were better than Ole Miss at almost every position but UK still managed to lose. That falls on Cal. We HAVE to get more depth come March or this team won't make it past the 2nd round, sweet 16 at best. Sadly, the NCAA Tournament isn't played at Rupp.
Stardust Wrote:Help me remember, who did we just lose to a few games ago on the EXACT same play attempt? I guess that is the teams only 2.1 second full-court end of the game play!

I believe it was Alabama?
I have nothing to say. Good game to Ole Miss and Chris Warren
This is the second road game UK has lost to the SEC West(1-3 overall in SEC road games). Not a good sign considering we still have to play Florida and Vandy twice.
How can a team look SO good at home, and play this badly on the road?
LWC Wrote:How can a team look SO good at home, and play this badly on the road?

No experience.
This was a very hard game to watch. I wanted so badly turn it off. And why on UK's last possession ( when they were up one), when they looked clueless;why didn't Cal take a timeout and set up a play?
sstack Wrote:This was a very hard game to watch. I wanted so badly turn it off. And why on UK's last possession ( when they were up one), when they looked clueless;why didn't Cal take a timeout and set up a play?

Same thing I was wondering. A waisted possession!
MisterPerfect Wrote:Same thing I was wondering. A waisted possession!

Cal is a terrible in game coach he can develop talent and recruit but that is it.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Cal is a terrible in game coach he can develop talent and recruit but that is it.

Same thing I think. He's not the coach you wanna have in the National Championship with 10 seconds left in the game and your teams down by 1.
When we got the lead and had the ball - and then let the shot clock expire without getting a shot, I just knew Miss would throw something in or get a cheap foul and win...

How do you let the shot clock run out without a shot??? How does Cal not call a timeout before it runs out. This is not a complaint, just a fact --- Cal is an ordinary bench coach. And yes the players get most of the blame, they were sleepwalking through 80% of this game.

^*&*$%&E$&^$:devilflam:eyeroll::redboxer::flush: :HitWall:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your blaming CAL? Thats worse than me blaming the refs. We was out hustled. And when we was hustling Darius decided to have a brain fart.

No it's not...
Blaming refs on some of them calls is plausible.
Pages: 1 2