Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: St. John's 93 (3) Duke 78
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Jarons Wrote:Final

this makes a relaxing Sunday even better.
St John dominated this game, they were just to athletic for the Dukies.
Good win by Steve Lavin's team!
YAY!!!! This is awesome!
BEAST proves they are the best conference in the country again!
They'll always be the Redmen to me, lol...great win for SJU. I'd like to see them back among the elite soon. Ive always liked the New York basketball teams for some reason..
where was this game played at?
Strikeout King Wrote:where was this game played at?

Madison Square Garden
Duke misses Erving badly.
Aslan Wrote:Duke misses Erving badly.

No doubt about it!!
lol love it.
Duke got whipped in this one.
This game was uglier than the final score indicates. St. John's just ran Duke out of the building.
Jarons Wrote:Madison Square Garden

would have been alot better if it had been at duke
Love the outcome of this one. Duke hasn't played great as of late and I think they'll lose a few more games before the regular season is over.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This game was uglier than the final score indicates. St. John's just ran Duke out of the building.

Indeed it was! St John's was just rolling. And Duke couldn't throw one in the ocean from 3 point land. And when Duke is not hitting 3's.. well this is what happens.
This makes me happy.

However, I still Duke will be fine.

A couple weeks and they'll forget all about it.
^ Regular season in college basketball means nothing to the elite teams. I'd venture to say that the conference tournament means nothing to them as well. My guess is that you could look over the past 20 years and the National Championship will have been won many times by a team that either did not win their conference or lost in the conference tournament. Meaning, to win all of your regular season games is just not that important anymore. It's nothing like we have in the farce of college football!
Stardust Wrote:^ Regular season in college basketball means nothing to the elite teams. I'd venture to say that the conference tournament means nothing to them as well. My guess is that you could look over the past 20 years and the National Championship will have been won many times by a team that either did not win their conference or lost in the conference tournament. Meaning, to win all of your regular season games is just not that important anymore. It's nothing like we have in the farce of college football!

I agree.
Look at Illinois a few years ago.. They went undefeated all the way to the NCAA championship game.. Only to get hosed by UNC.
Stardust Wrote:^ Regular season in college basketball means nothing to the elite teams. I'd venture to say that the conference tournament means nothing to them as well. My guess is that you could look over the past 20 years and the National Championship will have been won many times by a team that either did not win their conference or lost in the conference tournament. Meaning, to win all of your regular season games is just not that important anymore. It's nothing like we have in the farce of college football!
People forget that arguably the greatest college basketball team in history never won its conference tourney (the '96 UK team)...but in my opinion, the greatest team Ive still ever seen in my life, even to this day, didnt even win the national title. The 1990-91 UNLV basketball team, to me, was the greatest team Ive ever seen. Duke beat them in the Final Four 79-77, and I still say, that if the two meet, thats the one game out of 10 Duke wins. That same UNLV team beat basically the same Duke team 103-73 in the championship game the year before.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:People forget that arguably the greatest college basketball team in history never won its conference tourney (the '96 UK team)...but in my opinion, the greatest team Ive still ever seen in my life, even to this day, didnt even win the national title. The 1990-91 UNLV basketball team, to me, was the greatest team Ive ever seen. Duke beat them in the Final Four 79-77, and I still say, that if the two meet, thats the one game out of 10 Duke wins. That same UNLV team beat basically the same Duke team 103-73 in the championship game the year before.

You just never can tell what's going to happen until you step on the court Wink
Nothing warms my heart more, than to see Duke get beat !!!!!!! This was GREAT!!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:People forget that arguably the greatest college basketball team in history never won its conference tourney (the '96 UK team)...but in my opinion, the greatest team Ive still ever seen in my life, even to this day, didnt even win the national title. The 1990-91 UNLV basketball team, to me, was the greatest team Ive ever seen. Duke beat them in the Final Four 79-77, and I still say, that if the two meet, thats the one game out of 10 Duke wins. That same UNLV team beat basically the same Duke team 103-73 in the championship game the year before.

Amen about the Running Rebels. I just got the '90 championship game from Netfilx and will be watching this week. Give me some Grand Ma' Ma'!
I just noticed they not only lost to an unranked team.. but they moved nowhere in the top 5... which is garbage.
Stardust Wrote:Amen about the Running Rebels. I just got the '90 championship game from Netfilx and will be watching this week. Give me some Grand Ma' Ma'!
I have that game on vcr tape, lol..the most dominant championship game Ive ever seen.
Ballers Wrote:I just noticed they not only lost to an unranked team.. but they moved nowhere in the top 5... which is garbage.

I'm sure if UK went from 2 to 5 after a loss to an unranked you would say that is garbage as well.

They only have 2 losses on the season.
It's hard to drop Duke under SDSU or BYU because they aren't from a major conference....
and the only other teams around that spot on the chart are UConn, Notre Dame, UK, and Purdue....all of which have 3 and 4 losses
Duke is right where they should be.
St Johns owned DUKKKKKKEEEE