Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (23) Louisville 79 - (7) Connecticut 78 (2OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
STORRS, Conn. -- Peyton Siva scored 19 points, including two driving layups in the second overtime, and No. 23 Louisville upset No. 5 Connecticut 79-78 on Saturday.

Terrence Jennings added 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Preston Knowles and Kyle Kuric each added 15 points for Cardinals (17-4, 6-2), who have won four of their last five games and took sole possession of second place in the Big East.

The Cardinals came back from a nine-point second-half deficit and tied the game on Siva's driving layup with 29 seconds left in regulation.

Shabazz Napier had 18 of his 21 points for UConn( 17-3, 5-3) after halftime and Kemba Walker added 20. But Walker missed a jumper at the end of regulation and a long 3-pointer at the end of the second overtime that would have given the Huskies the win.

UConn came into the game 11-0 at home, and had won six in a row.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=310290041
Siva was awesome in this game! Good win for the Cards!
I was amazed whenever I saw the outcome of this one! Should be interesting to see how many Louisville preach about how they beat the Huskies and UK didn't.
Good win for Ricky P's group!
It breaks my heart to see UofL win.
The State of Kentucky gets their revenge on the Huskies
Stardust Wrote:The State of Kentucky gets their revenge on the Huskies
The state? UK didn't play them today.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The state? UK didn't play them today.

The State.
Best game I've watched thus far this year.
Very good ball game hate to see Louisville win, but I tip my hat off to them in this one.
Maybe the best college basketball game I've watched this season. Great to see Louisville win.
Stardust Wrote:The State.
The state in geographical sense only because the "state" doesn't pull for Louisville.
More post in the UL thread then the UK one. Sad guys.
I like to see UL win, when they are not playing UK, so I am happy.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The state in geographical sense only because the "state" doesn't pull for Louisville.

The "State" needs to be happy that we had someone in the "state" payback the Huskies for the loss they put on the Cats record:biggrin:
If it ain't UK then I don't care. I am glad to see UConn lose but not at the expense of a Louisville win.
Big win for the Cards !!
I am so impressed with Louisville at this point, hate to say it but they are a good team.
To beat a UCONN team @ home, walker still leaves with 20.. That tells you something..
NICE win for the Cards.
IM def proud of this game! I said all year if we could hold Kemba to 20 or less we would win. and we held him to 20 lol... GO CARDS! "IF" Siva plays like this we can beat anybody
I hate Loserville alot, and when I say alot, I mean more than anything on earth, but I was glad to see them beat UCONN.