Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Legendary coach Larry Brown lends a hand with Cats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^ Hall of Famer Larry Brown, whom Kentucky Coach John Calipari called a friend and mentor, has attended UK practices this week. He'll be at Saturday's game against Georgia.
But not sitting on the bench, Calipari said.
The UK coach found it difficult to believe Brown would agree to do the "Y" in the K-E-N-T-U-C-K-Y cheer.
"I don't know if he'll do that," Calipari said. "He's such a Carolina guy. He's wearing Kentucky gear, though."
Brown, who parted ways with the Charlotte Bobcats earlier this NBA season, is serving as another set of eyes "to maybe throw me some ideas we haven't thought of," Calipari said. "I just like he's here. I like hanging around him. I'm more relaxed."
UK center Josh Harrellson said Brown has been participating in practices.
"He'll even stop drills like Coach Cal does and put his imput in," Harrellson said. 'It's great having a legendary coach here buiding us and helping us out."
Calipari said he invited players to seek advice from Brown about how to improve.
"Not a bad deal," Calipari said. "He's a Hall of Famer."
Brown is the only coach to win the NCAA Tournament (Kansas, 1988) and an NBA championship (Detroit Pistons, 2004). Calipari's first coaching job was as a graduate assistant for Brown at Kansas in the 1980s.
While in Lexington, Brown is staying at Calipari's home.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/28/16153...z1COL0efub
Ole Dusty can dream...............Mmmmm, Larry Brown at the helm, ahhhhh. Wow, now that would be awesome!