Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (9) BYU 71 - (4) San Diego State 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank God SDSU is no longer undefeated!
Fredette had 43! :yikes: . The guy can ball! He won't be a star in the NBA but he'll definitely find a team where he'll fit as a great role player.
Fredette basicaly beat San Diego State by himself which was no surprise to me! The Aztecs finally get knocked off their pedestal and get brought back down to earth!
As I have stated before Jimmer is one bad white boy.
Way to go BYU.
This guys range stops at the entrance of the arena!
And he WILL play in the NBA
Why does everyone hate on SDSU? lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Why does everyone hate on SDSU? lol

I'm sure that you have good reason, right?

Just like CAT fans despise UGA, UNC, UCONN and Alabama. Big Grin
LWC Wrote:I'm sure that you have good reason, right?

Just like CAT fans despise UGA, UNC, UCONN and Alabama. Big Grin

I just don't see why everyone is so glad that SDSU lost.
That's all anyone has talked about today at work.
They are so glad SDSU got beat, and I ask why and they can't give a reason.

Other than "I just don't like them"
But I guess that's as good a reason as any lol
Fredette is AMAZING!
zaga_fan Wrote:I just don't see why everyone is so glad that SDSU lost.

I'm glad they got beat
MisterPerfect Wrote:Fredette is AMAZING!

That he is.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm glad they got beat

Ah boys....
zaga_fan Wrote:Why does everyone hate on SDSU? lol

There not from a major conference and nobody from Kentucky wants any other team to gainer more attention UK, especially a team that don't have a great tradition.. UK fans are very jealous Big Grin
The same reason Ohio State, Alabama, hate when Boise And TCU are granted greats without playing anyone all year.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The same reason Ohio State, Alabama, hate when Boise And TCU are granted greats without playing anyone all year.

They had played 20 games and were still undefeated.
Where should they have been ranked?
zaga_fan Wrote:I just don't see why everyone is so glad that SDSU lost.

I guess I didn't make myself clear, I was trying to say that I thought you would be happy they lost, because they beat Gonzaga and they are in the MWC, (I think)
LWC Wrote:I guess I didn't make myself clear, I was trying to say that I thought you would be happy they lost, because they beat Gonzaga and they are in the MWC, (I think)

Ah...
the Zags are having a down year and I don't think SDSU proved a whole lot by beating them.
I don't really follow the MWC or anything.

It's just that everyone seems offended that SDSU was in the top 5.
They were in the tourney and performed well last year, they have a coach that has a title and several great seasons at Michigan, and they have a lot of great players as well.
They have Mr. Basketball in California on their roster, some strong underclassmen, and some great leadership on the team.
Someone brought up football, but this is completely different.
In football it's all about recruiting, because you know your players have to stay a few years and develop. In basketball you can get 5 decent players, and in 4 years they could be just as good as 5 one-and-done players and you don't have to recruit hard to get them. You also don't play half as many games.
To reel off 20 straight wins is a big accomplishment. I'm sure in those 20 games they've had players foul out, other teams show up and don't seem to know how to miss, get no love from the refs, had a team come back on them, but they always left with the win.
For anyone to be 20-0, ranked in the top 5, and people say they are overrated is just wild to me.

I don't even know why I'm defending these guys lol
I'm not an SDSU fan.
I just think everything is leveling out a little in college basketball. We're going to be seeing a lot more of these "Kansas-Northern Iowa" games in the tourney because we'll have teams with around 30 wins show up with a senior loaded team and just out hustle the big guns.
Aslan Wrote:There not from a major conference and nobody from Kentucky wants any other team to gainer more attention UK, especially a team that don't have a great tradition.. UK fans are very jealous Big Grin
That's not it at all.

What I couldn't stand is all the basketball analysts saying how great SDSU was and how they deserve a number 1 seed in the tourney. They have played absolutely no one. First good team they played and look what happened.
So yea I am glad they lost, now all the gay love for them will stop a little.
I was kidding. Rolleyes
zaga_fan Wrote:They had played 20 games and were still undefeated.
Where should they have been ranked?

Top 15 possibly, but their schedule is not top 5 worthy.
Sorry.
^ Two ranked teams, the lost to one and the beat the other by three. That being Gonzaga who should never have been ranked anyhow.
What about BYU? Their a small school ranked in the top 10.