Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jimmer Fredette
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know how many of you knows of this guy, but the guard from BYU is the nations leading scorer at 26 a game. He just dropped 42 on Colorada State I want to know what you all think is it his level of competetion or is he just a ball player? How do you think he will do in the league?
I think he's good...
but if he played against better competition he wouldn't be averaging 20 a game
Come on his name is Jimmer how do you beat that? Well you don't, but I think he would be able to average his 26 against about anybody he is a very great shooter. He makes threes from different area codes.
Great college player. He can flat out shoot the rock. Unfortunately, I think he will only be a slightly less than average player in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong.
He is a player!!! He's the real deal!
zaga_fan Wrote:I think he's good...
but if he played against better competition he wouldn't be averaging 20 a game

Everyone said the same thing about Stephen Curry.
Anybody who can shoot like that will be very welcome in the league.
I think when Steph Curry was doing this at davidson. Or something similar anyway. You all thought he wasnt the real deal UNTIL march madness when he lit up gtown, wisconsin and Kansas. Im not saying he is better than steph curry but he is the real deal
He won't do much in the NBA, doesn't have the height to be a shooting guard and doesn't have the speed to be a point guard. Reminds me a lot of Chris Lofton.
He had a good NCAA tournament last year didn't he?
LClion4life Wrote:He won't do much in the NBA, doesn't have the height to be a shooting guard and doesn't have the speed to be a point guard. Reminds me a lot of Chris Lofton.

I disagree, shooters make it in the NBA and Jimmer can shoot. A lot of people said the same thing about JJ Reddick, and he seems to have found a paycheck. Chris Lofton was a lock in the NBA, but the Cancer that he played with his Senior year took that dream away from him, not size.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Everyone said the same thing about Stephen Curry.

I didn't.
and Stephen Curry wasn't white lol
Jimmer Fredette is a 2 star recruit with a good shot.
He isn't the real deal IMO
Stardust Wrote:I disagree, shooters make it in the NBA and Jimmer can shoot. A lot of people said the same thing about JJ Reddick, and he seems to have found a paycheck. Chris Lofton was a lock in the NBA, but the Cancer that he played with his Senior year took that dream away from him, not size.

JJ is 6'5" (as listed, lol). Jimmer is listed as 6'2" and is realistically probably 6'0". You don't hear of many shooters in the the NBA that are under 6'4", and don't play point guard.
^ LOL, I'll guarentee you that he is on an NBA team next year and finds himself with valuable minutes. Anyone who can shoot like this plays for dough!
Stardust Wrote:^ LOL, I'll guarentee you that he is on an NBA team next year and finds himself with valuable minutes. Anyone who can shoot like this plays for dough!

IDK Dusty....
I just don't see it happening.
We'll see what happens.
I will give you this...
this guy won't have a hard time transitioning to the NBA 3 pt line lol
Not many players have put up numbers like he has, he'll find a place in the NBA for sure. BYU plays San Diego State soon, well see what kind of numbers he puts up against a top 5 team.
^^

He has 20 of his teams 30 points at halftime against San Deigo St. He is deff a NBA player.
MVP2 Wrote:^^

He has 20 of his teams 30 points at halftime against San Deigo St. He is deff a NBA player.

That's a bad bad white boy right there.
zaga_fan Wrote:IDK Dusty....
I just don't see it happening.
We'll see what happens.
I will give you this...
this guy won't have a hard time transitioning to the NBA 3 pt line
lol

When he walks into the gym, his transitioning period is over!
Stardust Wrote:When he walks into the gym, his transitioning period is over!

:thumbsup:
Fredette finished with 43 last night as BYU stuns the #4 team in the nation.
This is the kind of guy who needs to tattoo "F*** W/ ME!" across his forehead.
Stardust Wrote:^ LOL, I'll guarentee you that he is on an NBA team next year and finds himself with valuable minutes. Anyone who can shoot like this plays for dough!

That's what people said about Adam Morrison.
He's been the leading scorer in NCAA and you guys are just noticing him? lol......
LClion4life Wrote:That's what people said about Adam Morrison.

Umm, no, Adam Morrison could not SHOOT like Jimmy Fredette!
Stardust Wrote:Umm, no, Adam Morrison could not SHOOT like Jimmy Fredette!

No, he couldn't. BUT, he was a pretty good shooter and everybody thought he'd be great in the NBA. I don't even know what team he plays for now. Jimmer will play in the NBA, and he'll knock down a couple shots a game, but he won't be too relevant.
^He'll be like Mike Miller, a pretty good player.
Adam Morrison was a better player than Jimmer Fredette...
not a better shooter though.

Morrison has diabetes and he tore his ACL.
Most athletes don't come back from that completely and the way diabetes hinders your recovery he was pretty much behind the 8-ball in ever becoming the player people said he was going to be.
Add all of that on top of being an skinny white-guy...
no chance lol
LClion4life Wrote:That's what people said about Adam Morrison.

True dat.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Great college player. He can flat out shoot the rock. Unfortunately, I think he will only be a slightly less than average player in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong.

I think he has a chance to be a pretty solid NBA player. Can't wait to watch him in March.
Pages: 1 2