Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009/10 Cats - 2010/11 Cats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PPG-79 RPG-40 APG-14 SPG-6 BPG-7 TPG-11 FG%-.460 FT%-.690 3P%-.408

5: Harrelson - 6.5 PPG / 9.4 RBD

4: Jones - 18.5 PPG / 9.0 RBD

3: Miller - 9.7 PPG / 5.0 RBD

2: Liggins - 9.1 PPG / 3.1 AST

1: Knight - 17.3 PPG / 3.8 AST

PPG-79 RPG-42 APG-15 SPG-7 BPG-7 TPG-15 FG%-.479 FT%-.669 3P%-.333

5: Cousins - 15.8 PPG / 9.8 RBD

4: Patterson - 14.3 PPG / 7.4 RBD

3: Miller - 6.5 PPG / 2.5 RBD

2: Bledsoe - 11.3 PPG / 2.9 AST

1: Wall - 16.6 PPG / 4.3 AST
WOW! That's scary how close these two teams are!
The biggest difference is told in the paint on offense. There is a 19 point difference in FG%. When you look at the 4&5 position from last year to this, you can see that the Cats this year are hurting from not scoring down low. Though Jones numbers are better than last years guys, Jones does not want to play in the paint. Those points in the pain sets up your defense. That to me is the biggest story between these two squads.
Look at the difference in 3 shooting!
We knew coming in that BK was a much better shooter than Wall. But Liggins and Miller have greatly improved their shooting. But the biggest difference is Lamb, who is shooting close to 50% from the three-line.
yea but last year they didnt lose but 2 games
I don't know if Liggins has improved his shooting or not. He's still an mediocre/average shooter as he always has been. Miller has greatly improved his 3-point shooting up 46% (2nd in the SEC to Doron Lamb).
I think this years style will benefit them more in the NCAA tournament, Compared to last year.
If they played each other last years team would come out on top. This year we seem to struggle agaisnt anybody who has a good inside game. Cousin would have a field day down low after he threw a fit or two. Patterson vs Jones(on his good nights) would be a nice match up Jones would give him everything he wanted and then more, but Patterson would probably prove to be too much.
To me last years Cats was ALOT better! I mean they were ranked #1 in the nation by this time? right? The had alot more heart and pride to them than this years team! They had the will to win games and found ways to do it. This years team is better shooting team but they dont have the inside force of last years demarcus cousins, and they lack leadership of wall and PPat...
theVILLE Wrote:To me last years Cats was ALOT better! I mean they were ranked #1 in the nation by this time? right? The had alot more heart and pride to them than this years team! They had the will to win games and found ways to do it. This years team is better shooting team but they dont have the inside force of last years demarcus cousins, and they lack leadership of wall and PPat...

:Thumbs: