Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Countdown to Signing Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Need to know for UK FB Recruiting:

Top Un-Committed Targets (Rival Ranking and Stars), I'll start with the hevay hitters and mention others as we go along:

4* LB Lamar Dawson, Boyle County- #45 overall, #3 ILB. Considering UK, UT, Oregon, UCF, and USC.

4* WR Devin Lucien- #190 overall, #28 WR. Considering UK, Colorado, UCLA, Miami, Cal, Arizona State.

4* OL Chris Bryant- #203 overall, #20 OT. Considering Michigan, Pitt, Illinois, Arizona. UK may sneak in for his last visit, they are making up ground late.

3* OL James Elliott- Kentucky leads. De-committed from Michigan. Other offers include UL, Maryland, Iowa State, Kansas, USF, and Vandy

3* LB Antonio Poole- Kentucky is co-favorite. #23 OLB, #17 in Ohio. UK, Purdue are co-leaders. Also considering Miami and Illinois.

3* LB Demarius Rancifer- UK leads. #38 OLB, #100 in Florida. Also considering Ole Miss and UCF. Has offers from WVU, Texas Tech, and Pitt among others. James Elliott's team-mate.

3* LB Troy Gray- UK leads if they will accept him. #51 OLB, #56 in Georgia. Offers from Arkansas, Miss State, Illinois, and Virginia
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Your Need to know for UK FB Recruiting:

Top Un-Committed Targets (Rival Ranking and Stars), I'll start with the hevay hitters and mention others as we go along:

4* LB Lamar Dawson, Boyle County- #45 overall, #3 ILB. Considering UK, UT, Oregon, UCF, and USC.

4* WR Devin Lucien- #190 overall, #28 WR. Considering UK, Colorado, UCLA, Miami, Cal, Arizona State.

4* OL Chris Bryant- #203 overall, #20 OT. Considering Michigan, Pitt, Illinois, Arizona. UK may sneak in for his last visit, they are making up ground late.

3* OL James Elliott- Kentucky leads. De-committed from Michigan. Other offers include UL, Maryland, Iowa State, Kansas, USF, and Vandy

3* LB Antonio Poole- Kentucky is co-favorite. #23 OLB, #17 in Ohio. UK, Purdue are co-leaders. Also considering Miami and Illinois.

3* LB Demarius Rancifer- UK leads. #38 OLB, #100 in Florida. Also considering Ole Miss and UCF. Has offers from WVU, Texas Tech, and Pitt among others. James Elliott's team-mate.

3* LB Troy Gray- UK leads if they will accept him. #51 OLB, #56 in Georgia. Offers from Arkansas, Miss State, Illinois, and Virginia

It's going to be very interesting to see where Lamar Dawson ends up at.
^^^

I feel very confident it will be UK. Tennessee fans are putting too much stock in having his last visit and the fact he has been down there for a couple un-officials.

The times UT has taken a KY player with a UK offer there has been more to the story. Channing Fugate= UK didn't pursue him on offense and showed little attention. Luke Stocker- UK focused on other recruits and din't push for him until late (Randall Cobb type of situation).

Historically when UK has really wanted a kid from rural Kentucky, meaning outside of Louisville, Lexington, and NKY, they close the deal. The only teams I thought could steal Dawson were the teams with a legit pitch of winning a National Championship in Florida and Oregon. UF dropped the ball with the way they handled the Urban Meyer deal, and Oregon is just so far from home.

If I had to assign my confidence in UK's recruits above:

Dawson-90%
Lucien- 40% Think UCLA is the team to beat
Bryant- 5% Too much ground to make up in too little time
Poole (4* elsewhere)- 60%... Miami's late push worries me
Elliott- 100% (if they want him or have room)
Rancifer- 90% (see Elliott)
Gray- 100% (if he qualifies and UK wants him)
I'm not sure why so many UT folks are so confident in signing Dawson, but for some reason they are. While I think it will come down to UK or UT, due to proximity, it would have to be tough for him to decide to go out of state.

Have you seen any of UT's commits from Georgia, in action? AJ Johnson, Justin Coleman, Vincent Dallas, Christian Harris, Alan Posey, and Brian Randolph are all current commits, from GA. I remember last year you had some good information on a lot of players from down there.
When is signing day?

Dawson wont sign until that day, correct?
EKU,

What do you know about Jon Davis possibly switching his commitment from UK to Louisville? Could be a huge loss for Joker.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:EKU,

What do you know about Jon Davis possibly switching his commitment from UK to Louisville? Could be a huge loss for Joker.

Davis has been looking, visiting, and making comments for months. I think Davis is scared of the number of TE's UK has and wants to have a chance to play as early as possible. At this point I fully expect Davis to flip.

I get the impression he is waiting until the very end to avoid backlash, but I think Davis will be a Card.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Have you seen any of UT's commits from Georgia, in action? AJ Johnson, Justin Coleman,.

Saw Johnson and he is a S-T-U-D. The biggest knock on him is his speed and he plays a bit too "upright". But he has a great nose for the football, blitzes like a tank, and is fantastic in run support. As a Junior Gainsville went undefeated until a last second loss in the Finals. That team had Blake Sims (Alabama) and Tai'ler Jones (Notre Dame) among others... and for my money Johnson and Jones were far better than Sims who got most of the attention.

Haven't seen Coleman live...but when UK was recruiting him (UK and UT were Final 2) I really wanted him. He plays against good competition in South Georgia and has very good upside. Needs a redshirt year to get bigger and stronger. SEC speed, SEC ball skills, and very good hips.
I will say that L.Dawson will for sure sign with UK. He probably wants to stay closer to home for which I don't blame him. And yet, if he wants to play college football on an all together different level he should go somewhere else.
Rancifer is a Cat.
Gray in turn is going to UCF.

Uk has positioned themselves to land a very good WR.

Either it will be Lucien or they will flip one of the following:

3* Collins Moore- Current Ole Miss commit who chose them over UK. He is now soft verbal and is between UK, Ole Miss, or LSU. He is the #9 prospect in Alabama and the #56 WR in the country. Also was offered by Illinois, UL, and Vandy. I have seen him play and he is legit.

3* Daryl Collins- Current Alabama commit. It is almost a foregone conclusion he will be switching his commitment. He is the #17 player in Alabama and the #84 WR. Held offers from Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Miss State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and USC.

In terms of OL, Bryant is not going to happen. Will be interesting to see if the Cats can flip Nick Martin back..he was a UK commit and flipped to Notre Dame so he could play with his brother. If not, will the Cats offers James Elliot, he has a ton of offers and is the teammate of new commit Demarius Rancifer. He says UK is his leader and will commit if they offer.
All indications are pointing toward Antonio Poole either committing to Michigan or Miami-FL.

Poole has been heavily recruited by Joker & Minter recently, but looks like he's going to be heading elsewhere.
Lucien is out of the picture now.

WR
3* Daryl Collins- Alabama soft commit is visiting UK this weekend.
3* Collins Moore- Ole Miss commit who chose them over UK. Very interested in flipping to UK. I have seen this kid play and he is very good.

LB
4* Lamar Dawson- Big Fish.
3* Poole- Not going to happen, decides tonight
3* Rancifer- On Board...
3* Gray- Couldn't make grades, headed to UCF

OL
4* Bryant- Ain't happening.
3* Elliot- Still no offer, at this point don't think UK wants him
3* Martin- Still ND commit, but I still expect UK to make a last ditch attempt.

RB
DONE

QB
DONE

DL
3* Washington still a Kentucky commit and officially visiting this week. Has been wavering on UK/Miss State.
3* Clint Tucker- Faulkner's teammate and one-time UK commit. UK continues to pursue but don't see him switching from Illinois

ATH
3* Jon Davis- As of now a very soft UK verbal.. visiting UL. I still expect him to flip.
3* Bubba Tandy- Lists UK as an option but I don't think he has a commit table offer at this point.
3* Justus Pickett- Very interested in UK but don't see him getting an offer.
3* Kevin Byard- This might be interesting. He is the teammate of Demarco Robinson and has long been told that if Uk has room that they may take him. At this point it looks like UK may have a scholarship left over. Let's see if he gets it.

Others to Watch:
3* QB Demarcus Smith- UL commit hat Joker has a great relationship with. There was some smoke a little while back that he wasn't happy with the Teddy Bridgewater commitment and may open his recruitment back up.

3* DT- Jamon Brown- Don't thnink UK has a shot at flipping him, but he was a teammate of Jerrell Moore who UL pulled the scholarship from.

GRAYSHIRTS
Farrington Huguenin-Committed to UK last year and was signed and placed. Everything appears to be good to go with him and he should be signing with UK a year ahead of schedule. 6'5 245 and runs a 4.6.... noone pursued him due to academics and he fell through the cracks.Some experts thought he may never make the grades but he apparently made a huge turnaround at prep school.
Did anyone ever say when signing day is?
LWC Wrote:Did anyone ever say when signing day is?

Next Wednesday I am pretty sure.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Next Wednesday I am pretty sure.

Thanks
They're saying that Jon Davis will make a decision either tonight or tomorrow.

Hopefully we can hang on to him.

I wouldn't mind stealing DaMarcus Smith away from Louisville either.
What position does Huguenin play? Sounds like a TE or DE and a beast at that! Sorry EKUAlum, I tried to get my cousin to go for UK but I don't think they were as interested in him as he was in them. He committed to WVU.
LClion4life Wrote:What position does Huguenin play? Sounds like a TE or DE and a beast at that! Sorry EKUAlum, I tried to get my cousin to go for UK but I don't think they were as interested in him as he was in them. He committed to WVU.

I saw that..congrats to him nonetheless!

Huguenin is a projected pass rushing DE. He played prep school this year and his coach called him a freak.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Saw Johnson and he is a S-T-U-D. The biggest knock on him is his speed and he plays a bit too "upright". But he has a great nose for the football, blitzes like a tank, and is fantastic in run support. As a Junior Gainsville went undefeated until a last second loss in the Finals. That team had Blake Sims (Alabama) and Tai'ler Jones (Notre Dame) among others... and for my money Johnson and Jones were far better than Sims who got most of the attention.

Haven't seen Coleman live...but when UK was recruiting him (UK and UT were Final 2) I really wanted him. He plays against good competition in South Georgia and has very good upside. Needs a redshirt year to get bigger and stronger. SEC speed, SEC ball skills, and very good hips.

Thanks for the info. From what I've seen on Johnson, he should be a good one and could compete for immediate playing time. He looks like he could bulk up and become a defensive end, but with UT's need for linebackers, I don't see them going that route.

I'm hoping UT can close strong, like last year. They're still in on several highly rated guys and just got a commitment from 4 star running back Marlin Lane.
I think once he gets to UT and sees the difference in the facilities then its gonna be a pretty tough decision to make.
goscots56 Wrote:I think once he gets to UT and sees the difference in the facilities then its gonna be a pretty tough decision to make.

Hope you're right. This can't hurt UT's chances, with any recruit.

http://www.utsports.com/facilities/tenn-10-ftc.html
Chris Fisher of BigBlue247 is saying that UK is making a late push for 4* Ohio LB, Nick Grigsby.