Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alabama 68 - (12) Kentucky 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final Sad
sUcK sucks!!!!!!!!!
We never should have been down 20 in the first place. This team will not fair well the rest of the conference schedule.
Oh and this sucks!
Made a great comeback only to be stopped by some bull **** calls and poor execution.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:We never should have been down 20 in the first place. This team will not fair well the rest of the conference schedule.
Oh and this sucks
!

This team will do fine in conference.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Made a great comeback only to be stopped by some bull **** calls and poor execution.

How about poor execution got us down by 20 points and we had to leave the game in the hands of the refs! We played like crap to a team that should have never beat us! Effort was terrible!
^Oh yeah i forgot.
And we also said the the SEC West was horrible too right???
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:^Oh yeah i forgot.
And we also said the the SEC West was horrible too right???

This team shot lights out.
These guys play great for stretches of a game, but how do you get them to play hard a whole game. I get tired of watching them stand around flat footed and playing spectators.
I'm aware of that. But that is going to happen...especially when we go to Tennessee and Florida.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:We never should have been down 20 in the first place. This team will not fair well the rest of the conference schedule.
Oh and this sucks!

This team came out with no desire to play defense in the first half. The interior was absolutely terrible. Jones is the biggest baby I have seen wear a UK uniform. The kid has incredible talent, but he whines and pouts like nobody I have seen. Liggins played as well as he can play.

Vargas is a complete liability on the floor.

I was impressed with a lot of Knights moves tonight. It was great seeing him down the stretch WANT the ball. But this UK squad is great Home team, but will be struggle against any team in the SEC that has any kind of athletic interior.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This team shot lights out.

Yeah, and UK turned off their lights when they shot! This team was embarassing at the Freethrow line, absolutely embarassing. It took Jones kitting 4 in a row, after missing three front-ends of 1 & 1's just to get them over 50%. You shoot five more freethrows than the opposition and miss five front-ends of 1&1's you won't win many ball games
I'm a huge UK fan but I am not nieve. These Cats are over-rated and lack the depth to be a top SEC team, let alone a top team in the country. Everytime they play another team with decent bigs, it is an ugly game. We need some depth with the big fellas and it obvioulsy isn't happening this year.
They need to forfiet the rest of the season if this is how they are going to play.
foxtrot1 Wrote:I'm a huge UK fan but I am not nieve. These Cats are over-rated and lack the depth to be a top SEC team, let alone a top team in the country. Everytime they play another team with decent bigs, it is an ugly game. We need some depth with the big fellas and it obvioulsy isn't happening this year.

You are right, we are not as good as many want the Cats to be. This team will not be OK in conference. They are a lock to win home games, but this team on the road does not possess an attitude! Last year, having a guy like Cousins who would knock down his own mother and Bledsoe who didn't care who he scrapped with, the teams in the SEC will look to push this soft team around. Tonight the interior defense was exposed badly. You can look at the three's Bama hit, but what about all the easy, let me repeat myself, EASY baskets that Bama got in the paint. There were two Sports Center top 10 dunks by Bama tonight. That's what killed the Cats.
KY needs to be taken out of the top 25. They definitely aren't 15.
Real Badman Wrote:They need to forfiet the rest of the season if this is how they are going to play.

And Pikeville College needs to dump the Athletic Program. Along with that horrible football team you play for Smile
Stardust Wrote:You are right, we are not as good as many want the Cats to be. This team will not be OK in conference. They are a lock to win home games, but this team on the road does not possess an attitude! Last year, having a guy like Cousins who would knock down his own mother and Bledsoe who didn't care who he scrapped with, the teams in the SEC will look to push this soft team around. Tonight the interior defense was exposed badly. You can look at the three's Bama hit, but what about all the easy, let me repeat myself, EASY baskets that Bama got in the paint. There were two Sports Center top 10 dunks by Bama tonight. That's what killed the Cats.
I find myself agreeing with you in every post in this thread. You are spot on.
I think we were all spoiled by the immediate success Calipari and his highly rated recruiting class brought last year. However, this is still a good team, not a great team, but a good team. It's very frustrating to me that we have such a lack of big men. Yes I know Kanter would have made a huge difference, but bottomline is you can't simply count on one player if you want to compete for championships. Knowing Calipari he's learned from this and it won't happen in future years.
No excuse! We just flat out got outplayed!! Can't leave the game in the hands of the refs!
No one is even mentioning the horrible execution when we were down by one with 10.8 left. They shoud have went inside to jones. Period
MisterPerfect Wrote:No excuse! We just flat out got outplayed!! Can't leave the game in the hands of the refs!

We got outplayed..Agreed. However the refs had no outcome on this game. We were down by 20. Honestly we didn't deserve to have a shot at the end to win it. Just a poorly played game.
Stardust Wrote:How about poor execution got us down by 20 points and we had to leave the game in the hands of the refs! We played like crap to a team that should have never beat us! Effort was terrible!
Agreed. The crowd gave Alabama a ton of energy and they were more physical than us. They beat UK to every loose ball, fought for tons of offensive rebounds, and out manned us in the paint.
Why don't UK press more? We only press when were down 10+ points. When we started to press, Alabama got uncomfortable with the ball, they started rushing there offense, we forced a few turnovers, and made a comeback.
If we would have pressed this entire game and the UGA game it would have been two UK wins. I guess were we have a short bench Cal don't want to risk getting key players into foul trouble. Only reason I can think of not to press more.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This team shot lights out.

That's what happens when you give up uncontested WIDE OPEN 3's.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Made a great comeback only to be stopped by some bull **** calls and poor execution.

Stop blaming the officials. When you go on the road, your down 10-15 points before the game even starts. The home team is going to get every 50/50 call and a few more they shouldn't get. That's just the way it goes and you have to come to expect it. UK gets those calls at Rupp too but I don't see you complaining about how the officials are cheating.
Aslan Wrote:Agreed. The crowd gave Alabama a ton of energy and they were more physical than us. They beat UK to every loose ball, fought for tons of offensive rebounds, and out manned us in the paint.
Why don't UK press more? We only press when were down 10+ points. When we started to press, Alabama got uncomfortable with the ball, they started rushing there offense, we forced a few turnovers, and made a comeback.
If we would have pressed this entire game and the UGA game it would have been two UK wins. I guess were we have a short bench Cal don't want to risk getting key players into foul trouble. Only reason I can think of not to press more.

That's what happens when you give up uncontested WIDE OPEN 3's.

Poor Ole SEC West, maybe the SEC is a little better than most think.
Alabama is 10-0 this year at home but just 11-7 overall. This is a bad loss. Losing to a team that will only make it to the dance by winning the SEC tournament. Alabama exposed UK's weaknesses: lack of interior depth and leadership. When UK got down by 20 Jones was the only one that wanted the ball.
MVP2 Wrote:Poor Ole SEC West, maybe the SEC is a little better than most think.

The SEC West don't have a team that will make it to the dance. The best team in the SEC just got beat by a Alabama team that's 11-7 with loses to St Peters and Seton Hall. So yeah, I guess the SEC is better than most people think. :Thumbs:
We got punched in the face over and over again 3/4's of the game and we finally responded with just enough time to get the game back down to within' 1 or 2. We just couldn't pull it out against a very scrappy team that was just more physical than we were. I seen 'Bama players shoving our guys on every other possession and we didn't know how to respond to that type of physicality. Also, they were knocking down contested 3-point shots, something they weren't very good at coming into the game. But we all know that we are going to get everyones best effort, especially on the road.

I did see some things I liked out of us in the last 8 or so minutes though. We give the ball to our 3 freshman and they come up with some tough baskets. Jones really started to respond to the physical play and Knight wanted the ball. Speaking of Knight, he's got to get to the foul line. They said tonight he had only taken a few free throws so far in SEC play and quite frankly, it's completely unacceptable, as we need him and Lamb on the free throw line often. Darius Miller also played very well and sparked the comeback IMO.

Vargas doesn't need to touch the floor. If Harrellson is out, move Jones & Miller to the forward positions like we did late in this game and if Harrellson is in, sit either Miller or Jones. Vargas shouldn't get an PT unless it's for mop up duty. Also, if he doesn't show any type of major improvement between now and the end of the season, pull his scholarship. He's not worthy of a UK basketball scholarship!
Aslan Wrote:The SEC West don't have a team that will make it to the dance. The best team in the SEC just got beat by a Alabama team that's 11-7 with loses to St Peters and Seton Hall. So yeah, I guess the SEC is better than most people think. :Thumbs:

We shall see, Miss St will make a run for it.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:No one is even mentioning the horrible execution when we were down by one with 10.8 left. They should have went inside to jones. Period

^^^^^
This!! Jones would have scored the bucket or caused Bama to foul.
Pages: 1 2 3