Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WVU vs Marshall (1/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time for WVU's annual beatdown of The Herd. :lmao::flush:
It should be a beatdown again this year.
Just being realistic here, but Marshall will never be close to the team that WVU puts on the court. Sure they will play them close every now and then, but talent wise they can't compare.
I'd laugh if Marshall won.
Ballers Wrote:I'd laugh if Marshall won.

Me too lol. It must be awesome having marshall as your biggest rival.
I wouldn't laugh, but I would not be surprised. When Marshall and WVU play, Marshall has nothing to lose. Marshall is expected to lose. This year especially. WVU is coming off a Big East Championship and a Final Four appearance.

PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Me too lol. It must be awesome having marshall as your biggest rival.
Most WVU fans do not consider Marshall a rival. They may enjoy sending them back to Huntington with their tails tucked, but sPITT is WVU's biggest rival.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I wouldn't laugh, but I would not be surprised. When Marshall and WVU play, Marshall has nothing to lose. Marshall is expected to lose. This year especially. WVU is coming off a Big East Championship and a Final Four appearance.

Most WVU fans do not consider Marshall a rival. They may enjoy sending them back to Huntington with their tails tucked, but sPITT is WVU's biggest rival.

And that pretty much summed up the Elite 8 game with UK last year.
WVU had nothing to lose, it had been the best season they had seen so winning or losing at that point didn't matter.

If they would have lost, WVU wouldn't be talking about how they beat UK and went on to the final four. They'd be tooting their horn about winning the Big East Championship.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I wouldn't laugh, but I would not be surprised. When Marshall and WVU play, Marshall has nothing to lose. Marshall is expected to lose. This year especially. WVU is coming off a Big East Championship and a Final Four appearance.

Agreed. WVU doesn't consider Marshall a rival at all. They have bigger fish on there plate(Pitt). WVU is superior to Marshall in every major sport.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Time for WVU's annual beatdown of The Herd. :lmao::flush:

Open mouth, insert foot. :lmao:

You can now laugh.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Me too lol. It must be awesome having marshall as your biggest rival.

You can to.

Ain't nothing finer then Marshall beating West Virginer
foxtrot1 Wrote:Agreed. WVU doesn't consider Marshall a rival at all. They have bigger fish on there plate(Pitt). WVU is superior to Marshall in every major sport.

They should be.