Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ESPN/USA Today Top 25 (1/17/11)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Ohio State (28) 18-0 772
2 Kansas (2) 17-0 738
3 Syracuse (1) 18-0 715
4 Pittsburgh 17-1 653
5 Duke 16-1 641
6 San Diego State 19-0 633
7 Villanova 16-1 594
8 Connecticut 14-2 531
9 Brigham Young 17-1 529
10 Texas A&M 16-1 491
11 Texas 14-3 454
12 Kentucky 14-3 439
13 Purdue 15-3 371
14 Missouri 15-3 337
15 Louisville 14-3 276
16 Notre Dame 14-4 266
17 Wisconsin 13-4 207
18 Michigan State 12-5 187
19 Minnesota 14-4 183
20 Washington 13-4 182
21 Saint Mary's 16-2 153
22 Illinois 13-5 120
23 Georgetown 13-5 119
24 Kansas State 13-5 66
25 Arizona 15-3 60

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
Cats move up 3 spots and Tubby's Gophers are in the Top 20. I like it!
Syacuse is the best team in the nation.
^You and one of my best friends agree..

I do think Ohio State is where they belong for now..
Duke is going to be a big hoss' cat to handle come tourney time, I don't like it.
10 Texas A&M 16-1 491
there really not that good, it took OT at there place to beat an Arkanasas team that got beat by Lsu and then they got blown out by KY,i know the who plays who dont mean much, but i dont think there that good.
^Your probably right..
But in college basketball.. Anything can happen.
I don't like this list. Syracuse should be #1..
I cannot believe that WVU is not ranked after beating Georgetown and Purdue.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I don't like this list. Syracuse should be #1..

Welcome back MP.

Ditto, I agree, IMO the Cuse is the #1 team right now.
Stardust Wrote:Welcome back MP.

Ditto, I agree, IMO the Cuse is the #1 team right now.

Thank You SD! Glad to be back!

:Thumbs:
Hopefully the Zags can knock off St.Mary's in a couple of weeks and creep back into the top 25 Wink
In my opinion Syracuse is only the 4th or 5th best team in the Nation.
how do you all feel about San Diego St.
I think there over rated
^
Belfry0304 Wrote:In my opinion Syracuse is only the 4th or 5th best team in the Nation.

Why? Just curious as to what the three teams above them have done resume-wise better?
Stardust Wrote:Why? Just curious as to what the three teams above them have done resume-wise better?

Resume-wise, they're all pretty close. If you're going by rankings, then maybe the Cuse does go to #1, I'm speaking in terms of talent and I think Ohio State, Duke, and Kansas are more talented teams.

I HATE Duke as bad as anyone, but they are a very talented team and experienced with Smith, Singler, and the Plumlee's. Kansas has the Morris' and Josh Selby. Ohio State has David Lighty, Jon Diebler, and Jared Sullinger. The only 'Cuse player I can identify is Scoop Jardine.

To be honest, I could care less about rankings until about the last week of the season. I like that my Bucks are #1 though.
^ OK, I get that. I like the Orange's make-up. To me, Joseph may be the most under-rated player in the nation. Jackson is a beast that play's a lot bigger than his height when it comes to rebounding. And Jardine may be a better PG than Kemba Walker in the SEC just because he can play Defense so well.
The only good wins Cuse has are against overrated Michigan St and Notre Dame. Well see how good they are soon, they have #4 Pitt and #7 Nova coming up.
Stardust Wrote:^ OK, I get that. I like the Orange's make-up. To me, Joseph may be the most under-rated player in the nation. Jackson is a beast that play's a lot bigger than his height when it comes to rebounding. And Jardine may be a better PG than Kemba Walker in the SEC just because he can play Defense so well.

I'll have to catch them on TV and get a better look.

Just out of curiosity, is Scoop his God given first name? If so, he's my new favorite player. Ever.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I'll have to catch them on TV and get a better look.

Just out of curiosity, is Scoop his God given first name? If so, he's my new favorite player. Ever.

God given I can't answer, but his mommy did name him that:biggrin:
Syracuse went down tonight.
IMO kansas and duke is the 2 best teams right now... Kansas gets the edge though from me
NYY10 Wrote:how do you all feel about San Diego St.
I think there over rated

I've watched them play a few times and they honestly look like a really good team to me.
I was also looking at the conference power rankings the other day and the MWC is the third strongest conference in the nation(I don't know how I feel about that).

They beat Gonzaga early this year and I took a lot of flack because no one knew who they were lol