Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danny Trevathan & Winston Guy To Return To Kentucky Next Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As it turned out, the University of Kentucky will be losing only one of its All-Americans.

Junior linebacker Danny Trevathan has decided to return to UK in 2011, the school announced Friday.

Trevathan had one of the best seasons ever by a Wildcats defender in 2010, garnering first-team All-America honors from Collegefootballnews.com, making him the first linebacker in school history to earn such a distinction. He led the Southeastern Conference in tackles (144) and was a consensus first-team All-SEC selection.

Trevathan, a Florida native, had been projected as a fourth- or fifth-round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Junior receiver Randall Cobb announced his intention to enter the draft on Thursday.

"I feel like I have a lot of unfinished business," Trevathan said in a statement released by the school. "Overall, I just want to win and get the program where it needs to be. My evaluation (from the NFL) came back good, but the easy way is not always the best way. I waited this long for the NFL, it can wait (another year). I want to enhance my game. I'm 228 (pounds), I want to work toward 235 or 240. I'm definitely going to finish school and that opens more windows in my life."

Junior safety Winston Guy will also come back for his senior year after exploring his NFL options.

Guy, who played at Lexington Catholic High School, finished second on the team behind Trevathan in tackles with 106 and also had a team-high three interceptions.

Like Trevathan, Guy played up the "unfinished business" theme.

"This is my time to step up and be a leader for this team. I'm going to try to be more vocal and lead the team by how I work. I love that I'm going to get to play with Danny another year. I want to do everything I can to be the best player and student I can be. I talked to my parents (Winston Sr. and Renessa). My mom said the NFL will always be there. She wants me to graduate."

UK Coach Joker Phillips said he is excited Trevathan and Guy are sticking around.

"Overall, an extra year will help them develop as players while they continue toward their degrees," he said. "And, another year in the weight room with Coach (Rock) Oliver will do nothing but help them."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/14/15989...z1B4CTXlpV
I am saying this now UK will be much improved next year. wait and see fellas.
I called Danny coming back.
Good News for UK fans, after Cobb leaving.
Trevathan is the only upside to next season.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I am saying this now UK will be much improved next year. wait and see fellas.

Yea i said that about this year:flush:
This is huge for UK fans! Especially after Cobb left.