Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michigan Hires Brady Hoke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just another Rich Rod filler. He'll be gone in less then 3 years.
It killed Michigan fans when Les Miles announced that he would stay at LSU. And then they had to settle with Brady Hoke.
This could be a good hire but if I was the Athletic Director, I would have went after a big name.

Michigan is losing in-state recruits to Michigan State and is quickly fading as a major program. The Ohio State rivalry is almost non-existent at this point.

If this is NOT the right hire, they can be hurting for a long time.
I think it's a good thing for Michigan that Miles declined. His teams don't seem to live up to there expectations.
IDK too much about this guy though.
Brady Hoke! What a Joke!
Aslan Wrote:I think it's a good thing for Michigan that Miles declined. His teams don't seem to live up to there expectations.
IDK too much about this guy though.

You Think? I think they been pretty beastly in the best conference in the nation. Hard to make it to a title game playing the best teams in the league every week.

Auburn
Alabama
LSU

Would all go undefeated in different Conferences.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You Think? I think they been pretty beastly in the best conference in the nation. Hard to make it to a title game playing the best teams in the league every week.

Auburn
Alabama
LSU

Would all go undefeated in different Conferences.

It don't matter that they play in the SEC, they have high expectations at LSU. Sure he won the title with Nick Sabans players. Lost two games with that team too, wouldn't have got in the title game if it weren't for West Virginia chocking against an awful Pitt team. If Saban were coaching that team I feel pretty confident in saying that wouldn't have lost a game. LSU is superior in talent to every team they play besides Alabama and Florida and it's a push with those two but LSU finds ways to lose a game or two they shouldn't most years and they also let bad teams play with them. I just don't think he's that great of a coach, but that's JMO.
Aslan Wrote:It don't matter that they play in the SEC, they have high expectations at LSU. Sure he won the title with Nick Sabans players. Lost two games with that team too, wouldn't have got in the title game if it weren't for West Virginia chocking against an awful Pitt team. If Saban were coaching that team I feel pretty confident in saying that wouldn't have lost a game. LSU is superior in talent to every team they play besides Alabama and Florida and it's a push with those two but LSU finds ways to lose a game or two they shouldn't most years and they also let bad teams play with them. I just don't think he's that great of a coach, but that's JMO.

Hay, now!!! :dontthink You didn't have to put that in there. I just about had that blocked from my memory. Kinda ironic that this was in the Rich Rod thread.
Sorry Big Grin
Did anyone see his speech today? Wow, sent chills down my spine!
I like it may be a good hire. He is a Michigan guy, has turned around to other programs.(San Diego St, Ball St). Brady Hoke is a pretty good defensive coach and that is the main thing that killed Michigan this past season. The Wolverines had no problem in scoring points, they just couldn't stop anyone and get off the field.
MVP2 Wrote:I like it may be a good hire. He is a Michigan guy, has turned around to other programs.(San Diego St, Ball St). Brady Hoke is a pretty good defensive coach and that is the main thing that killed Michigan this past season. The Wolverines had no problem in scoring points, they just couldn't stop anyone and get off the field.

Educate me MVP2, this guy is just like the AL Cy Young winner, I have no clue who this guy is other than he comes from SDST, has had 4 losing seasons in his first 5. What makes this guy a good HEAD coach? Until the hiring, I swear, I never heard of him before.
Stardust Wrote:Educate me MVP2, this guy is just like the AL Cy Young winner, I have no clue who this guy is other than he comes from SDST, has had 4 losing seasons in his first 5. What makes this guy a good HEAD coach? Until the hiring, I swear, I never heard of him before.

you and me both.

is Michigan's QB Returning?
Stardust Wrote:Educate me MVP2, this guy is just like the AL Cy Young winner, I have no clue who this guy is other than he comes from SDST, has had 4 losing seasons in his first 5. What makes this guy a good HEAD coach? Until the hiring, I swear, I never heard of him before.

He got them to a bowl game last year and there first bowl win in forever. He also rebuilt another program.

Well record wise, Hoke has a career losing record but he is a players coach. I like that about any coach. He coached from Michigan from 95-02 and he said this was still dream job, with that being said he is going try with everything in him to not fail at this job. He took Ball state from a losing record to a school record 12 wins in his last season there and won 9 games I believe, this past season and If I'm not mistaken it was there 1st bowl win in school history. Brady Hoke may fail as the coach at Michigan but I think it was a good hire and only time will tell us if it was good or bad.