Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BCS National Title Auburn 22 - Oregon 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Auburn makes it five in a row for the SEC.
I bet Oregon wished they would have kicked that fieldgoal on the 1 now Smile

‎5 in a Row for the SEC! Bring It Boise! Join a Real Conference.

And we put up 34 points on the best team in the country. Kentucky would easily do great in the Big Easy!
I thought Auburn was clearly the better team and also thought they had their chances to really get up by a few TDs, but it looked as if the play calling got a little soft once they were up 8 in the final quarter.

Great game though... SEC!
Great game! A last second field goal to win the National Championship! That's the way it's suppose to be.

Auburn was clearly the best team no doubt! And Cam Newton showed why he was your Heisman Trophy winner.
Five straight, got love that Southern Hospitality!

Here ya go Ballers, [Image: small_kyle_singler.jpg]. Your favorite player Smile
Now the question is, will any of this be stripped from Auburn & Newton a few years down the road?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Now the question is, will any of this be stripped from Auburn & Newton a few years down the road?

Same question that i was asking myself!
To answer your questions.... Yes. In two or three years the NCAA will be doing just that.
Amun-Ra Wrote:To answer your questions.... Yes. In two or three years the NCAA will be doing just that.

I don't think they should be aloud to do this. Strip them of something that they had won a couple years ago. And in all honesty, if it were me. I really wouldn't care if they stripped me of it a couple years after we had already won. Cause you've already won and proved that you are the best team in College. And in a couple years. It's gonna be old news. So in my opinion there should be a time limit to when you can strip them of something.
This is awesome. I won some cash money.
The Heisman may be stripped from Newton if they ever find something, but they will not take away their national title. They might make them forfeit all of these games, but they'll still be known as the national champs of 2011.
auburn played to about half of their capabilities and what we have seen from them this year and they still managed to be the "best offense" in the country and hold them to 19 points. To be honest I think there are a couple more SEC teams that could beat Oregon. Alabama would throttle them IMO. There offensive line is extremely weak. There is no way they could have went threw the SEC this year with that O line and went undefeated. I would say 8-4 at best, maybe 9-3.
You seem very biased.
This game is re-running right now if anyone missed it. Or would like to watch it again. It's on ESPN.
I watched a little bit of it, then I found this awesome show about Hitler and WWII. lol. It was a tough decision, but that game will probably be on for like two weeks...
Didn't even watch the game.. Came into work this morning asked my buddy who won, he said Auburn.. Sounded like a heck of a game tho.
Here ya go Aslan, just for a week tho.. this picture is worse than a Kobe picture LOL..
Fun game to watch!.......... SEC!!!!!! Congrats Auburn!
First off, this game had an incredible pace during the first 1 1/2 quarters. Oregon reminded me of a Loyola Marymont basketball team, and it had an affect on the Auburn front-line. However, their QB was just not good enough to sustain drives. Plus, trick offenses have a significant difficulty converting TD's inside the 10 yardline, and that was evident last night.

Auburn showed why SEC football is the best in the nation. There strength was depth and size, and eventually it took over the game. This game was close throughout score-wise, but during the 3rd and fourth quarter, Auburn just completely dominated the Ducks.

Was this a "Classic", **** no! But for a championship game, it was nice to see a game come down to the wire. Too often, championships have turned into blowouts and this one kept you tuned in until the very end.

As for the comments about whether Auburn being stripped down the line, I would contend that they will. I think there is going to be too much information lurking out there that will eventually implicate not just the Newton's, but the University itself. For those who earlier who said the NCAA "Can't" strip Auburn after the declared Cam eligible, need only to look back to Derick Rose and Memphis. The exact same situation happened with the NCAA declaring Rose eligible and told Memphis that "based on the current information", Rose met all eligibility requirements. The NCAA made the comment to Auburn. Thus, the NCAA can and will strip Auburn if more disclosure is uncovered.
Ballers Wrote:Didn't even watch the game.. Came into work this morning asked my buddy who won, he said Auburn.. Sounded like a heck of a game tho.
Here ya go Aslan, just for a week tho.. this picture is worse than a Kobe picture LOL..
It really is lol.
Stardust Wrote:First off, this game had an incredible pace during the first 1 1/2 quarters. Oregon reminded me of a Loyola Marymont basketball team, and it had an affect on the Auburn front-line. However, their QB was just not good enough to sustain drives. Plus, trick offenses have a significant difficulty converting TD's inside the 10 yardline, and that was evident last night.

Auburn showed why SEC football is the best in the nation. There strength was depth and size, and eventually it took over the game. This game was close throughout score-wise, but during the 3rd and fourth quarter, Auburn just completely dominated the Ducks.

Was this a "Classic", **** no! But for a championship game, it was nice to see a game come down to the wire. Too often, championships have turned into blowouts and this one kept you tuned in until the very end.

As for the comments about whether Auburn being stripped down the line, I would contend that they will. I think there is going to be too much information lurking out there that will eventually implicate not just the Newton's, but the University itself. For those who earlier who said the NCAA "Can't" strip Auburn after the declared Cam eligible, need only to look back to Derick Rose and Memphis. The exact same situation happened with the NCAA declaring Rose eligible and told Memphis that "based on the current information", Rose met all eligibility requirements. The NCAA made the comment to Auburn. Thus, the NCAA can and will strip Auburn if more disclosure is uncovered.

Wasn't USC stripped of there titles after the information on Bush was leaked?
War Eagle!
Nice to see a Championship come down to the wire.
What about that last big run Dyer had where everyone though he was down.
If I was a ref and saw that live I would have probably blown it dead in the heat of the moment.

Something I think the BCS idiots need to look into (even though I know they won't)...
It was extremely evident in the first quarter that these teams hadn't played meaningful football in well over a month.
CAN WE PLEASE TRIM THAT DOWN SOME?!?!?!
Aslan Wrote:It really is lol.

Wasn't USC stripped of there titles after the information on Bush was leaked?

Yes, but I don't know of Bush ever having eligibility questions while he was still in college. There are many instances of the NCAA stripping after the fact, I was just trying to point out situations where the NCAA has told a school the player is eligible, then finding evidence afterwards that overturns their eligibility ruling.
Stardust Wrote:Yes, but I don't know of Bush ever having eligibility questions while he was still in college. There are many instances of the NCAA stripping after the fact, I was just trying to point out situations where the NCAA has told a school the player is eligible, then finding evidence afterwards that overturns their eligibility ruling.

Oh I was just asking. Was anyone awarded the titles that USC was stripped of?
^ If they were I am unaware.
^ The NCAA website does not list them as a BCS champions

Year Champion Selecting Organization
2009 Alabama BCS
2008 Florida BCS
2007 Louisiana State BCS
2006 Florida BCS
2005 Texas BCS
2004 Southern California BCS
2003 Louisiana State BCS
2003 Southern California AP, FWAA
2002 Ohio State BCS
2001 Miami (Fla.) BCS
2000 Oklahoma BCS
LOL I laugh at the fact that this was pretty much the exact same outcome they had at commonwealth. Oregon would have won maybe three SEC games this year with that pathetic line they had.
Loved seeing that ref make up for that bad call on the early interception by laying the Auburn player out. Oregon could've used him on defense a few times last night.
After watching the re-rub last night. I do not know why I have not mentioned Nick Fairly. This kid was absolutely a monster on the D-line.
:igiveup:Tongueuke:
TidesHoss32 Wrote::igiveup:Tongueuke:

I'm guessing you didn't like the game?
vundy33 Wrote:You seem very biased.

Nah, I am a fan of the SEC and am not blind to their success like a lot of people throughout this country are. If it would have been a playoff system, i wouldnt have chosen either team. I would still to this day pick Alabama to beat anyone in the country.
A lot of times the best team in this country doesnt win the national championship, some dont even make the game, but i believe that if they play there best game alabama could beat any team in the country, and i am by no means an alabama fan.
I absoloutly hate non AQ teams and think they would get slaughtered playing an SEC schedule every year, but who knows how good TCU really was. All year long they play nobody and then beat a Wisconsin team, who IMO shouldnt have even been in a BCS game but made it because of a weak big 10 conference this year.
It cracks me up listening to radio shows on XM and hearing pac 10 and other fans cry and cry about how the SEC are cheaters. Thats never going to go away. Any time somebody wins, somebody is going to say they cheat. It happens every year. Just like the Cam Newton situation. Even if the money rumor is true and he knew about it, it gave him no athletic advantage over anyone else. He didnt throw a game obviously, and same goes for the Ohio State players, their hideous tattoos running all the way up their arms did nothing to help them beat Arkansas last week and lets be honest, how good would that game have been if those guys wouldnt have played? Arkansas would have prolly won by 50. Im just a fan of the competitiveness of college football, its the best thing there is.
IMO though, over the last five years, there hasnt been a playoff system put in because the NCAA knows that more than likely most of those years would have been a repeat of the SEC championship game or two SEC teams playing it out. Thats what i believe it really comes down to.
Pages: 1 2