Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Stallions announce plans to pursue UK's Kanter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Georgetown-based Kentucky Bluegrass Stallions, a member of the Premier Basketball League, sent out a press release Sunday night saying that the franchise intends to pursue Enes Kanter to join its roster. The NCAA recently ruled Kanter permanently ineligible to play collegiate basketball.

"We're prepared to do everything in our power to get Enes Kanter to join our team," Stallions president Kristin Nelson said. "We are prepared to offer a very lucrative package that would not only pay him generously but also offer comprehensive insurance coverage against injury. Even if he just played for us at home we'd love to have him.

"Obviously Enes would be a valuable addition to our roster," Nelson said. "But we're convinced that playing for the Stallions would help Enes as well. Enes can continue his quest for a great University of Kentucky education as he pursues a championship ring with the Stallions. Our season ends in March, so he'd have plenty of time to get ready for the (NBA) Draft."

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/09/15932...ursue.html
Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/09/15932...z1Agensr9I
This is laughable and a cheap marketing ploy. there is no way, let me repeat, NO WAY that Kanter would ever consider this. One, he loves it at UK. Two, there is no way he risks MILLIONS playing with competition that is less than what he practices against every single day!
lol. This would be cool. I think he'll give it a little bit of thought, but that's about it.
No. He won't play there but it is funny they gave the offer.
He'd be an idiot to do it. But if your the Stallions won't hurt to try, worst thing he can say is no.
This is funny, especially the part that says.. ''"But we're convinced that playing for the Stallions would help Enes as well.''

There's no way that this will ever happen..
HAHA.... Never knew G-town had a team until now.

Like SD said, poor pub stunt.
Can't blame them for trying.

It makes a little bit of sense, in the fact that he can never play college basketball.

Am I right that he can no longer practice with the team?
LWC Wrote:Can't blame them for trying.

It makes a little bit of sense, in the fact that he can never play college basketball.

Am I right that he can no longer practice with the team?

You are correct.
^ In a student/coach capacity, what can he do?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:You are correct.

Heck, it might be worth it.

Right now he is allowed to play nothing more than pick-up ball with non-varsity athletes.

He might as well make a little money playing organized ball, since it wont hurt him anyway.
LWC Wrote:Heck, it might be worth it.

Right now he is allowed to play nothing more than pick-up ball with non-varsity athletes.

He might as well make a little money playing organized ball, since it wont hurt him anyway.

Even without picking up a basketball, he is a lottery pick. If he does this, he plays with guys whose talent level is considerably less than his. I see three factors that tells me this would be a bad idea.

1. He does not need to. His draft status is secure. No one cares that he will not have played.

2. The skill level of the players will do nothing to help him get any better and could even get him into bad habits. The coaching is far inferior from what he will hear in practices everyday at UK.

3. Why risk injury. Have you ever played with a group whose skills are inferior, you expect guys to do things that better athletes can do, but they don't thus you are the one at risk of being injured. Let's face it, Kanter would be the name. What better way to make a name for yourself than being the guy who busted up the superstar. Why do pro athletes get in trouble at bars. Because there is always some weekend warrior out there who wants to test him. Men come from the animal kingdom mentality where you the young lion is always looking for the opportunity to attack the old lion and take his "Pride". This would be a disaster waiting to happen!
Stardust Wrote:Even without picking up a basketball, he is a lottery pick. If he does this, he plays with guys whose talent level is considerably less than his. I see three factors that tells me this would be a bad idea.

1. He does not need to. His draft status is secure. No one cares that he will not have played.

2. The skill level of the players will do nothing to help him get any better and could even get him into bad habits. The coaching is far inferior from what he will hear in practices everyday at UK.

3. Why risk injury. Have you ever played with a group whose skills are inferior, you expect guys to do things that better athletes can do, but they don't thus you are the one at risk of being injured. Let's face it, Kanter would be the name. What better way to make a name for yourself than being the guy who busted up the superstar. Why do pro athletes get in trouble at bars. Because there is always some weekend warrior out there who wants to test him. Men come from the animal kingdom mentality where you the young lion is always looking for the opportunity to attack the old lion and take his "Pride". This would be a disaster waiting to happen!

I have to agree SD. The last 2 make perfect sense.
Why risk injury, if Enes went to this league and was straight up dominating..
I am almost 100% sure one of those players on another team will take offense to it and do whatever he can to test the big man, possibly may even be a fight.
I agree Stardust, but poo ole Enes Kanter has not always made the smartest decisions, as we see with his current ineligibility.

I am not saying that he should risk the injury, but he might be able to work out something for one game.

Let me finish all of this by saying that, I am 99 and 44/100th's percent sure that he will not play, until he suits up in the NBA or the NBDL.
Stardust Wrote:Even without picking up a basketball, he is a lottery pick. If he does this, he plays with guys whose talent level is considerably less than his. I see three factors that tells me this would be a bad idea.

You nailed it :Thumbs: